Cold gen proc rate. Whats best?

Monk
I am testing a LoN build on ptr and was wondering what the best cold rune spirit gen is for procing gear and weapon procs?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396

Way of the Hundred Fists: Fists of Fury had the best proc rate, but it's Holy (not cold).
Guessed it is crippling wave: tsunami. Used to proc EP with shattered palms build
You'll have to take into consideration skill attack speed and AOE, which are both different between gens.

Tsunami is slow, and low proc, but high AOE.

Not sure who the winner is off the top of my head :(
I like interesting questions, so here is my swing at an answer. I previously looked at area of effect of different generators when comparing why people were using Mangle over Fists of Fury ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=12#237 ) and came to a similar conclusion here.

The 4 main COLD runes are:
FoT: Wind Blast
DR: Strike from Beyond
CW: Tsunami
WotHF: Windforce Flurry

Estimated Area of Effect
FoT:WB = 0 > 0 > Radius 6 blast = 113.1
WotHF:WF = 90° cone > 90° cone > 6 wide 50 long = 356.5
DR:SfB = 7 wide Line > 10 wide Line > 13 wide Line (12 length) = 360
CW:T = 90° cone > 180° cone > 360° (10,10,17 radius) = 823.1

Single Target Proc Rate
#1 = DR:SfB = 3.310
#2 = FoT:WB = 3.175
#3 = WotHF:WF = 2.444
#4 = CW:T = 2.441

* - per 3 hit combo adjusted for innate gen aps.

Estimated Proc "Density"
#1 = CW:T = 504.53
#2 = DR:SfB = 392.29
#3 = WotHF:WF = 319.26
#4 = FoT:WB = 95.10

* - per 3 hit combo adjusted for innate gen aps and AREA

TLDR; Tsunami if you really want to stick to cold! but if not, FoF due to OP DoT procs ^_^
12/08/2015 12:11 PMPosted by bsundbdmn
I am testing a LoN build on ptr and was wondering what the best cold rune spirit gen is for procing gear and weapon procs?

What exact effects you want to proc? Like "Cord of Sherma" (100% chance with every attack) or more likely those which have *some* chance to proc (Rimeheart, Frostburn gauntlets and so on)?

Asking because I've tried to make similiar build myself, using monk and a barbarian [the barb is more promising tbh]. If I remember correctly I ended up in GR 55-60 range and made some calculations to confirm that it can't go higher (or at least - not as high as I would love to ;). I'm curious how your tests are going? Maybe I missed something extremely important :)
Davlok, you nutty bat. What a complete answer!

Tsunami also comes with slow debuff (bott trigger) and intermittent freeze (great for defense). Its AOE is king. It therefore applies PE bleed much more effectively which could also feed back into more proc/s. (If you are doing LON/proc dmg, you better be using PE!). It's probably my favorite gen in ROS.
Awesome thanks Davlok! Now back to testing.