2.4 Frenzy

Barbarian
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next
Dont know if somebody mentioned this already.. but regarding the lack of AOE damage:

With the enormous speed, these things should work fine while just clicking frenzy:
-Berserker - slaughter rune
-battle rage - bloodshed
-Stacking Stat Area damage

Has somebody tested this combination?
Isn't the attack speed cap at 5 aps?
Is it just not be shown on the sheet?

How about the pre-ROS legacy echo fury?
And I wonder while on thorn spec most of dmg comes from thorns itself, are depth diggers really needed here? Or best rolled pants ya got with thorns in secondary hmm.

Peace.
01/18/2016 02:09 AMPosted by DooMino
With the enormous speed, these things should work fine while just clicking frenzy:
-Berserker - slaughter rune
-battle rage - bloodshed
-Stacking Stat Area damage

Has somebody tested this combination?

In a thorns build, you're damage comes from thorns, not weapon damage. Thorns do not crit, making any proc effects dependent on crits not really viable.

Edit: Put it this way, Frenzy makes up less than 2% of your damage in a frenzy thorns build. Frenzy crits would award 20% splash damage (300% weapon damage with wotb), but that's 20% of less than 2% of your damage. Savy?
65 cleared with about 7 mins to spare. On a lightning LoN frenzy. All ancient with no augments and some sub par rolls. . . Would greatly appreciate any advice. Inspect profile Sidneeshaw. . . Although it's not updated I've just swapped the SoH for an oath keeper and cubed bastions, undisputed champion and convention of the elements.
01/18/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Slyrat
Would greatly appreciate any advice. Inspect profile Sidneeshaw. . . Although it's not updated I've just swapped the SoH for an oath keeper and cubed bastions, undisputed champion and convention of the elements.

I would read through this thread, then check the faqs for additional info. Nubtro had crunched some serious data regarding bastions/oath/hack & the asi breakpoints; look in the faq for the listing.

Only advice I can give that is absolutely accurate is: your damage is based off of your thorns, not weapon damage, not skill damage, thorns. There is no spoon.

Sidenote: Been thinking about the freezing frenzy & somehow making rimeheart feasible.

Aps= 1.45 (oath+rime/2) * 1.5 (oath) * 2.5 (frenzy) * 1.93 (wotb 25%, paragon 10%, dual 15%, gogok 15%, gear 28%) = 10.5 aps with only rings, ammy & gloves at max asi.

Now i know aiming for a perma freeze is a silly thing to do as you'll be at 95% hard cc resistance, but what about a controlled freeze? Constant hard CC would put a 1 second stun to .05, an 8 second EQ to .4 seconds; hardly a window.

EQ has the longest freeze duration for a barb. I figured with 80 attacks in 8 seconds with a 7.5% chance to proc (with coef. in mind), how many rimeheart procs could you get?

The question is how to rotate hard cc to not reach 95% resistance; possibly with a attack speed slow?
Yeah dats same thing I was wonderin about but on cold frenzy. And btw I think Slyrat needed some more advice bout lighting not thorns frenzy build ;)

Unfortunately I haven't tested it yet.

Peace
12/15/2015 09:21 PMPosted by KiWeN
GR55 was survivable.

[/quote]

I'm curious how far lon frenzy can get but if 51, 55 etc is a point of reference, that's pretty bad.
01/19/2016 10:51 PMPosted by ManicManiac
12/15/2015 09:21 PMPosted by KiWeN
GR55 was survivable.

[/quote]

I'm curious how far lon frenzy can get but if 51, 55 etc is a point of reference, that's pretty bad.

With LoN Frenzy/Thorns build, I have already done a 69 on live and the only thing holding me back from mid 70s is time right now.

That is with:
12/13 ancients
2/11 items with Thorns secondary
Horribly rolled weapons
Level 70 gems
Paragon 700

With LoN Frenzy/Thorns build, I have already done a 69 on live and the only thing holding me back from mid 70s is time right now.

That is with:
12/13 ancients
Horribly rolled weapons
Level 70 gems
Paragon 700

Interesting. Thanks for the response.
I've done 63 not even close to optimized.

Still not very impressive.
01/20/2016 08:25 AMPosted by ManicManiac

That is with:
12/13 ancients
Horribly rolled weapons
Level 70 gems
Paragon 700

Interesting. Thanks for the response.

I suggest you read through thre post. People are clearing 70s I myself did 75 in ptr.

That is with:
12/13 ancients
Horribly rolled weapons
Level 70 gems
Paragon 700

So how important is the Thorns secondary affix on gears?
It will be much more easier to gear if I completely ignore this.
01/18/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Hagi
And I wonder while on thorn spec most of dmg comes from thorns itself, are depth diggers really needed here? Or best rolled pants ya got with thorns in secondary hmm.

Legacy Hammer Jammers.. that's why i mentioned them earlier in the thread. Now they roll with a crusader affix & am unsure if they still have 5 primary affixes.

The old ones however still roll with 5, allowing for Str, Vit, AR, Socket & a choice of armor/LPS/movespeed/skill damage. However it rolls with movespeed primary & gold% secondary. So Either you roll for thorns & adjust paragon for movespeed, or you roll the movespeed (for armor more than likely) & keep the gold%

01/19/2016 09:42 PMPosted by Hagi
Yeah dats same thing I was wonderin about but on cold frenzy. And btw I think Slyrat needed some more advice bout lighting not thorns frenzy build ;)

Apologies. Lightning advice: Hit fast with odyn, maybe incorporate wyrdward & ancient parthan defenders for a density focus. Nub did a lot more testing with lightning frenzy. Check him out.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/28133590

01/20/2016 09:08 AMPosted by twinsbuster
So how important is the Thorns secondary affix on gears?
It will be much more easier to gear if I completely ignore this.

For a frenzy thorns build, all damage is based off thorns, so every affix possible would be best. As effective as this setup is, it is HIGHLY gear dependent & a pain in the @ss to get the right rolls. The next runner up so far for a frenzy spec is lightning. Fire could hold some ground, but if you go for cindercoat, you're competing with aquila's or giving up a cubespot to keep AQ.
This is just an idea:

How often is the blackthorne set really used? In the case of hybrid's most people opt for IK, with little other choice of other sets for hybrids but for T6-10 farming; nothing endgame.

I propose a re-design of blackthorne's for a primary skill focus. The damage bonus would be the 4 piece, similar to raekors, but the immunity would go for a 6 piece as that would be vital for many primary skills that require you to stand still.

Add a 6th piece, gloves, chest, or shoulders.
Redesign:
+250 Vitality [up for debate on changing] and increases damage against elites by 10% (2 pieces)
Reduces damage from elites by 10.0% and Primary Skills deal 400% damage [or other, just add a multiplier] (4 pieces)
Character becomes immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster affix ground effects & reduce damage when not using a primary skill by 30% (6 pieces)

Would definitely add variety for hybrid & primary build options.

Edit: I chose the DR for the 6th piece to be when you're not attacking w/ primaries because it's then when you're usually in motion (maybe evading) & not receiving LoH. Plus you're already getting complete immunity to ground affects, whether attacking or not.

Or you could remove the 6p 30% DR & add chance on primary skill crit (low chance, based off proc coef) to reduce cooldowns (either off of 1 like zodiac or all) by 1 second.
still not sure which element to choose for my frenzy built (not going for thorns i guess, i want the frenzy to do the dmg itself)

- fire - huge benefit: can easily get 20% dmg weap in anc as well as another 20% dmg from magefist
- phys - benefit: improves pain enhancer, battle rage with bloodshed and wrath of the berserker with slaughter -> huge AOE dmg
- lightning - odyns son with no internal CD (still unsure if that benefit is enough to chose light over the others)...

any tips?
at the moment im going for fire since i dont have undisputed champion yet and i found a lot of items with +fire%
Atm 70 done at thorns frenzy here's da build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/Hagi-2298/hero/29277517

Tho it's hard build 4 solo gr progression cuz ya focused on hunting elites, especially yellow ones. Think best pylons could be speed, shield and conduit 4 mobs clear. In higher gr I suggest loh on at least one weapon and Secherons equipped. But loh also on bracers will be handy. While battling elite ya take insane amount of dmg from trash and life regen is mandatory. I cubed Chilaniks Chain 4 faster elite fishing. But string of ears could be reasonable option here.

As 4 party play it's crazy build, U provide IP and falter, me 4 example also ground stomp with pull and U deal insane single target dmg. We are runnin fast 70's in some free time 3 barb party :D me on thorns, MoTE and Reakor/IK and 90% of elites were slain by thorns ;)

Really fun party build always something different from zdps :)

Peace
I think that if your IK pieces happen to have Thorn affix on them, you can go IK6 thorn frenzy.
The upside is easier to gear, perma WotB without CDR, CotA damage reduction and able to use F&R.
01/20/2016 01:17 PMPosted by twinsbuster
think that if your IK pieces happen to have Thorn affix on them, you can go IK6 thorn frenzy.
The upside is easier to gear, perma WotB without CDR, CotA damage reduction and able to use F&R.

You will get nowhere near the damage of LoN's 1300% damage modifier.

Thorns in an IK setup would get 250% from IK6p, F&R is 125%...You're not going to boost it with skill damage as +15% Frenzy dmg does nothing for thorns. You could try adding istvans, but you lose oath & bastions (as hack is cubed), severely reducing your attacks per seconds. Without multipliers to overall damage, you're going to plateau early on.

It's the extra thorn damage attack, scaled through ridiculously ingenious modifiers (LoN, Heart of Iron, etc), that is hitting with each frenzy 8.5-12 aps that is making the thorns spec work.

There is no spoon.
17% physical vs 8450 thorns damage?

What wins?