Justification for no Christmas buff?

General Discussion
With no buff , I end up playing warhawk on my ps3 over the holidays.. What the point of playing diablo when I know nothing was going to drop anyways worth using. I guess ill be switching back to playing games on the ps3. Diablo probably will be pushed into the corner till after patch release.
Is there any late Christmas / New Year buff coming at least... better late then never :)
Not too late to get in on the Mortal Kombat X holiday event.
12/25/2015 05:28 AMPosted by Spades
They don't need to justify it. They give is what they want when they can for no cost to us. Knowing how society is today, more would likely be offended by Christian holiday treats. Blizzard caters to all. We should see a new years buff. Everyone celebrates that and nobody can find it offensive.

1.) Can't pull the PC card given that other Blizzard titles are celebrating with events as per usual.

2.) It's not like D3 has ever had a celebratory event that couldn't be knocked together in a couple of hours anyway. It's almost always a global buff. Flip the ****ing switch before you head off on holiday, that easy.

3.) It's not the fact that Blizzard didn't do anything for the holidays that grinds MY gears. I could give two ****s honestly. What bugs me is that D3 was the ONLY Blizzard title left out (two years in a row). What kind of message is that to send to your customers/community?

Imagine there's a family with six kids. Mom & Dad buy the two oldest and three youngest Christmas gifts. They get nothing for the middle child. What's worse is they don't even acknowledge the child's questions as to why. "Did I do something wrong? Was there not enough money?" They'll answer other random questions of his but completely tune out any mention of Christmas from this ONE child. The other children don't experience this phenomenon.

Now, maybe you understand.

And if you do, explain it to me.

Seriously, I can't make heads or tails of it.
12/28/2015 07:08 AMPosted by wahskcirt
Now, maybe you understand.

And if you do, explain it to me.

Seriously, I can't make heads or tails of it.

12/27/2015 05:01 AMPosted by Spades
It's pointless. Especially in a post favoring entitlement.

Diablo 3 didn't get a Christmas buff as some stated WoW and SC did because D3 has a skeleton development crew compared to the other two games and as quoted above, it's not as popular as either.

You must also put into consideration that there's no gain from it. They're not a poor subsidiary by any means, but without a monthly subscription fee and D3's overall poor popularity compared to other Blizzard titles; they have little motivation to please a smaller fan base.

I think we're lucky to have gotten as much as we have for nothing. Many will argue that D3 was shipped broken as was RoS and that we deserved everything they've given us as part of our purchase. I hardly see it that way as they could have just as easily made certain aspects purchasable DLC.

I could imagine they've needed to focus more on 2.4 in the PTR as well to make sure that comes out as scheduled so there aren't thousands of players having a problem with this game come next season, rather than 40 people voicing their disdain towards not seeing a goblin wearing a Santa cap or getting x2 anything towards the end of the season which has been voiced as being completely pointless; and really not many are playing right now because of that.

They don't need to justify it. The fact that others have given logical reasons only to be told to ride food, get bent or down voted clearly shows there's little rational reasoning as to why D3 was supposed to have a Christmas buff.

12/28/2015 07:08 AMPosted by wahskcirt
Imagine there's a family with six kids. Mom & Dad buy the two oldest and three youngest Christmas gifts. They get nothing for the middle child. What's worse is they don't even acknowledge the child's questions as to why. "Did I do something wrong? Was there not enough money?" They'll answer other random questions of his but completely tune out any mention of Christmas from this ONE child. The other children don't experience this phenomenon.

Now Imagine realistically that Blizzard had just 4 Children. World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo. Completely leaving out the newborn Overwatch because babies can't defend themselves.

Diablo has always been the "red headed step child" of the lot. The black sheep. Or bovine if you will.

I still feel 2.4 deserved the attention it had over development of any buff that most would rather have at the beginning of S5 rather than Christmas. bonus buffs are very limited - why the hell would we want to waste it before a new season ?
12/28/2015 07:21 AMPosted by Spades
I still feel 2.4 deserved the attention it had over development of any buff that most would rather have at the beginning of S5 rather than Christmas. bonus buffs are very limited - why the hell would we want to waste it before a new season ?

reloading past seasonal buffs doesn't take development, and not everyone plays seasons.
12/25/2015 07:46 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
Tons of entitlement going on here.

Exactly this.
Posted by Blashyrkh
Tons of entitlement going on here.

Exactly this.

This generation...
Blizz shows no love for their gamers, no patch\start of the season before holidays, not even some kind of a buff. Why so much hate ?
tis the season to be giving right?

Or maybe that season 5..

Im confused now :(.
Saying "bonus buffs are limited" or even inconsequential/paltry only exacerbates the confusion; it doesn't sate it.

Personally it doesn't affect me one bit because I couldn't play at the time even if I wanted to. But that doesn't prevent my confusion. I'm not complaining from sense of entitlement. I'm inquiring out of genuine befuddlement.

My previous analogy still stands to reason.

Furthermore, if a developer KNOWS that it's consumer base will be irritated and could, at least in part, be subdued with just a global buff then WHY NOT "flip the switch"? Is this some further mystical limitation of Blizzard's hardware? A limitation apparently devoid for e-v-e-r-y other developer on the market?

The Chinese producer of D3 at least put up some holiday pictures and ****. I mean, that alone is more than what Blizzard has done. I just... I can't... I don't...

Ugh...

I really don't get it.
D3 didn't get much attention at Blizzcon either. Now D3 doesn't get a seasonal buff when their other games do.

If it smells like a duck, and it looks like a duck, it's a duck. D3 isn't even on the back burner, it's off the stove being heated in a rusty fireplace.
Because
D3 is the bastar* step-child at Acti/Blizz these days. There was an article in the Times regarding the Titan debacle and how the Titan crew was not fired for chunking it but re-purposed to work on Overwatch. All faux corporate touchy-feely BS.

"All" of Blizzards successful games were listed in the article, but Diablo somehow didn't make it into print.
They probably didn't bother with it since so many people use bots...