[82 Grift Video] LoN Blessed Shield

Crusader
1 2 3 10 Next
72 Solo (Holy): https://youtu.be/fbm4QGn0FwY
78 2-Man (Fire): https://youtu.be/VROTA2K1XXY
79 2-Man (Fire): https://youtu.be/O-Dqpa76N6o
82 2-Man (Fire): https://youtu.be/VY3Rq_lUm4M

I'm gearing this build towards group play.

GEAR

Andariel's Visage - (fire/str/attack speed/socket)
Any shoulders - (str/vit/RA/AD)
Cindercoat - (fire/str/vit/sockets)
Akkhan's Menacles - (fire/str/vit/cc)
Magefist - (fire/str/AD/cc/chd)
Witching Hour - (str/vit/attack speed/chd)
Any pants - (str/vit/RA/sockets)
Illusory Boots - (str/vit/RA/BS damage)
LoN - (attack speed/cc/chd/socket)
Hellfire Amulet - (fire or str or attack speed/cc/chd/socket)
Gyrfalcon's Foote - (str/attack speed/%dmg or LoH/socket)
Jekanbord - (str/vit/cc/AD/bs damage/6 ricochets)

CUBE

Akkhan's Leniency
Aquila Cuirass
CoE

GEMS

BotT
BotS
Pain Enhancer

SKILLS

Blessed Shield - Combust
Judgment - Resolved
Shield Glare - Divine Verdict
Iron Skin - Steel Skin
Laws of Valor - Critical
Akarat's Champion - Prophet

PASSIVES

Fervor
Hold Your Ground/Towering Shield
Finery
Long Arm of the Law
Indestructible
Pants-- 2.3 Hammer Jammers is a good option, get a legendary version before 2.4!

Head-- Blind Faith is a nice option here, I have a 39% blind version and it makes a material difference (don't have a legendary holy Andy's atm). This in combination with Stone Gauntlets for the Immobilize results in a significant amount of CC.

I really enjoy/like Consecration-Fearless with this build.

I have yet to see anyone on the PTR leaderboards using Consecration-Fearless this with a Blessed Shield build. I think it is an outstanding defensive ability that goes well with Blessed Shield. I have just enough CDR for 100% uptime. On heavy melee maps its crazy good. When used properly you barely take any hits. Only downside is it tends to scatter adds resulting in lower Akkhan's Leniency stacks at times. The heal from Consecration is just gravy.
Nice to hear that this LoN build is viable.

Sad to hear that Akkhan is freakin 5++ levels worse.
12/29/2015 02:55 PMPosted by Redwind
Pants-- 2.3 Hammer Jammers is a good option, get a legendary version before 2.4!

Head-- Blind Faith is a nice option here, I have a 39% blind version and it makes a material difference (don't have a legendary holy Andy's atm). This in combination with Stone Gauntlets for the Immobilize results in a significant amount of CC.

I really enjoy/like Consecration-Fearless with this build.

I have yet to see anyone on the PTR leaderboards using Consecration-Fearless this with a Blessed Shield build. I think it is an outstanding defensive ability that goes well with Blessed Shield. I have just enough CDR for 100% uptime. On heavy melee maps its crazy good. When used properly you barely take any hits. Only downside is it tends to scatter adds resulting in lower Akkhan's Leniency stacks at times. The heal from Consecration is just gravy.

Yeah Hammer Jammers getting 5 primaries would be top I guess.

I considered Blind Faith, but since this is a group build, the extra damage trumps more crowd control. Same with using Consecration. In solo, this build would be quite different to compensate for being squishy.
12/29/2015 03:24 PMPosted by WalkinTall
Nice to hear that this LoN build is viable.

Sad to hear that Akkhan is freakin 5++ levels worse.

The only build I really haven't tried in a group setting is Hammerdin. Out of all the builds that I have tried, LoN Blessed Shield gets my vote for highest consistent damage output.

I think support barb, LoN dart doc, LoN Blessed Shield, and maybe a hybrid dps/support build like inna monk or Roland Crusader will do rather well in 4 mans.
Hammer can put out insane amounts of damage, especially vs grouped mobs and area damage.

We'll see :)
12/29/2015 06:30 PMPosted by WalkinTall
Hammer can put out insane amounts of damage, especially vs grouped mobs and area damage.

We'll see :)

Since there weren't any real mechanic changes on Seeker, I didn't play it. Adding x8 multiplier just pushes the grift ceiling like 12-14 levels. I'm glad they brought up the power on it though.

As far as damage goes, in a decent group I can sustain close to a trillion single target dps through the holy cycle. With crit buffs, I'm rocking near 80% cc with 610% chd. I saw about 5 back to back crits of over 250 billion on an elite one time. Think my APS was about 4 with Pain Enhancer.
@Rav: actually, Seeker got some bugs fixed so the limitlless rune is much stronger now!

Could you upload some vids from the BShield Lon build plz =)?
Pox Faulds are probably the best pants atm. You trigger the proc a lot, and it does add a bit of damage thanks to LoN. A 4th primary on pants is sadly worth little. Armor or Life Regen...or worse movement speed.
I have a couple almost 70 clears if Rava doesn't have videos. Unfortunately I lagged bad when recording. Finally got a 70 after stopping the recording.
Hay jako, any material is useful for me, so if you are willing to upload them I would be very happy
I'll try to upload them tonight.
12/30/2015 10:12 AMPosted by Jako
Pox Faulds are probably the best pants atm. You trigger the proc a lot, and it does add a bit of damage thanks to LoN. A 4th primary on pants is sadly worth little. Armor or Life Regen...or worse movement speed.

Well movement speed = str/vit. I actually had to paragon out some vitality. I didn't like having 600k life.
12/30/2015 10:14 AMPosted by Jako
I have a couple almost 70 clears if Rava doesn't have videos. Unfortunately I lagged bad when recording. Finally got a 70 after stopping the recording.

I haven't tried anything solo with this build, because I geared it for group play. I do run speed 65s to level my gems with it. Clears it fast with 0 deaths.

There is also a HUGE play style difference between solo and group. In solo, you are trying to stay away from the mobs and kite as necessary. In group, you are trying to stand in the middle of a tightly packed group to get the most out of PE and AL.

If the PTR doesn't end by Friday, I'll try and record some group play with it.
So here's my first 2 attempts at doing GR70 after Leniency got nerfed from 30% to 20%. I did a GR70 in like 11 minutes before that nerf. So I figured it was a good bench mark, so I wanted to record for discussion. Unfortunately my computer was very choppy, and I struggled while trying to run the recording software. I ended up clearing it my next attempt in about 14 minutes with the same gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blydsHOcCs
[Shows the gear at the beginning]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Kcxaa8CBk
[Just barely missed it]

1. Didn't use PE, PE will definitely be a better gem than Gogok in my opinion
2. I was using some non-optimized gear just because it was Ancient (Depth Diggers for instance)
3. No Augmented gear

So 70 will definitely be on the low end for this build when fully max'd out and optimized. I'll be surprised if it gets into the 80s though.
Thanks for posting the videos, Jako. Was an interesting watch. Like you said, there is quite a bit of optimizing left to do in your setup. Think you were missing 3 or so ancients, a ricochet on the shield, and a bunch of despair enchants. That will be a big boost to offense and defense.

If I had to guess, I'd say 75+ is doable with a good rift. It won't be topping the leaderboards in solo, but it is an alternative for content slightly below that.

In the history of D3, there have been several builds that either do poorly or so-so in solo, but excel in group play. I'm hoping this build fits into that category.
Much appreciated Jako!
12/31/2015 12:54 AMPosted by Ravashak
Thanks for posting the videos, Jako. Was an interesting watch. Like you said, there is quite a bit of optimizing left to do in your setup. Think you were missing 3 or so ancients, a ricochet on the shield, and a bunch of despair enchants. That will be a big boost to offense and defense.

If I had to guess, I'd say 75+ is doable with a good rift. It won't be topping the leaderboards in solo, but it is an alternative for content slightly below that.

In the history of D3, there have been several builds that either do poorly or so-so in solo, but excel in group play. I'm hoping this build fits into that category.

When it first came out with Leniency being at 30%, I was pretty sure this would be a great group build. I lost a little enthusiasm for it. And the buff to SoL and AD getting fixed makes me think that might actually be better.

I plan on pushing it as high as I can. Just a matter of how much time I am going to have to waste in seasons getting the stash tab before I can play for real.
Was doing some solo and 2s 65s with another crusader today. He is trying to gear up like me, but way below in optimization and paragon level. I have like 35% more holy sheet dps than him and he's only got 4 ricochets on his Jek.

Despite this, we were just annihilating everything. Even when we split up. I think I procced indestructible 3 times in 10 rifts. Now I know 65 isn't much to brag about, but we were clearing them with over 10 minutes to spare. Without a pull, I saw max stacks at 105. Getting 60+ isn't too difficult in most groups. I essentially wander around looking for elites and big groups, blow cds and just destroy everything. By the time I get to the next pack, everything minus AC is ready again.

The best moment today was entering a hell rift level and seeing a champion and elite pack standing on top of one another. Popped cooldowns, targeted the pack and when the pack died I searched for the champion. After 3 seconds of searching, I noticed in the log that I already killed him before the pack. Lol

I got my stricken up to 67 I think, and also have another 5-6 gems above 55. When I get those to 70+ and despair some more gear, I'll probably be sitting around 5 mill holy dps without activating anything. I'm at 4.2m atm.
Yeah this build has some strong potential. I´m trying to stack AD, with my Live gear I´m sitting at 90% and gonna try to get more with my missing Litany of the Undaunted. Attack speed is granted by several other classes too, so if I´m gonna use it in group play I prefer moar AD. Missing an ancient Mempo´s, Andy´s or Blind Faith.

This is the project --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Caleb-1982/hero/70554734

Cheers!