Too silent on patch notice

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
01/05/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Thorbalt
01/04/2016 10:17 AMPosted by Branch77x7
It'd be really convenient if we got a small amount of notice for patches so we don't make any extra plans that day, or even some of us might take off work for patch day!

I'm sure by now they've known the exact date they will be pumping the patch out, and I don't see why they have made the decision to be so silent. There is definitely a pattern to these patches, as big ones such as this must come before the start of the season by at least 3 days.

Others have stated that they will be doing it earlier this time to let players get some familiarity with the patch before the season starts.

Blizzard's radio silence has started to leave a bad taste in people's mouths and I think it's time they get more involved in communication and transparency.

Obviously some things can't be revealed it's just... If the patch is a week away it'd be nice to know when/what time we will get it on each console so we can plan ahead a bit.
I'm sure this is a topic made time and time again, but I feel it would be a nice gesture.

you could...i dunno

not plan your life around fictional pixles on a screen and instead just take things as they come like a reasonable adult.

or whine like a little !@#$% on a tuesday with a patch. probably the second one

I have time to afford to enjoy little things like video games, and vacations.
I also have my own business and can occasionally take off for things like this!

I sure did take off a few days for Fallout 4. I dunno if you're preaching to the choir or what, but this is a forum for gamers. Lots of us view this as a lifestyle and a hobby.

Your presumptuous foul attitude is shameful. Take it somewhere else please.
It'd be really convenient if we got a small amount of notice for patches so we don't make any extra plans that day, or even some of us might take off work for patch day!

I'm sure by now they've known the exact date they will be pumping the patch out, and I don't see why they have made the decision to be so silent. There is definitely a pattern to these patches, as big ones such as this must come before the start of the season by at least 3 days.

Others have stated that they will be doing it earlier this time to let players get some familiarity with the patch before the season starts.

Blizzard's radio silence has started to leave a bad taste in people's mouths and I think it's time they get more involved in communication and transparency.

Obviously some things can't be revealed it's just... If the patch is a week away it'd be nice to know when/what time we will get it on each console so we can plan ahead a bit.
I'm sure this is a topic made time and time again, but I feel it would be a nice gesture.

OP it seems like patch is a big deal to you, but it does almost nothing in perspective for blizzard
these posts are funny. "when is the patch coming out?" and 2 weeks after it's out all you'll see is people saying they are burned out lol
RNG.
The whole Blizzard staff has been very silent since a few weeks, it´s not just here at D3, but also HS and HOTS.

Even in America, Christmas isn´t for four weeks, is it?
01/05/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Espinosa
The whole Blizzard staff has been very silent since a few weeks, it´s not just here at D3, but also HS and HOTS.

Even in America, Christmas isn´t for four weeks, is it?

+1

I live in Europe and here the holidays are 2 weeks and we work between Christmas and New Year :)

Diablo III is a fantastic entertainment product but one really should not let it control your life to such an extent. Sure we all want to rush in and explore all the new awesome patch content, but that content will still be whether you play it as soon as servers go live or if you wait until you come home from work.

Of course there is an exception since if your life is Diablo III (some streamers) then you want to login as soon as the patch goes live. However if your life really is Diablo III then you will probably be aware the instant the servers go down for maintenance and when they will be back online.

Logic dictates the patch will be within the next 3 weeks since it cannot be after the next season starts (which is already scheduled).
01/05/2016 09:22 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

Diablo III is a fantastic entertainment product but one really should not let it control your life to such an extent. Sure we all want to rush in and explore all the new awesome patch content, but that content will still be whether you play it as soon as servers go live or if you wait until you come home from work.

Of course there is an exception since if your life is Diablo III (some streamers) then you want to login as soon as the patch goes live. However if your life really is Diablo III then you will probably be aware the instant the servers go down for maintenance and when they will be back online.

Logic dictates the patch will be within the next 3 weeks since it cannot be after the next season starts (which is already scheduled).
go preach your casual gaming nonsense somewhere else
01/05/2016 10:00 PMPosted by JohhnyTexas
go preach your casual gaming nonsense somewhere else

lol
01/04/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Demonmonger
Yeah, it really would be nice if they could communicate, even a small tweet saying "as of now we are planning on Day X, but please keep in mind this is subject to change due to potential bugs, etc..."

We have a philosophy of launching patches between Season transitions, and not while a Season is currently active. This leaves a window of possible patch dates; sometime between Season 4 ending and Season 5 beginning. We also, typically, deploy patches on Tuesdays (for North America). However, deployment dates can suddenly shift, including down to the last minute. Technology can be a fickle mistress, and unforeseen circumstances can arise.

This is why we don't provide firm patch release dates. However, we know a lot of players want to plan their time around new content or the start of the new Season. Announcing a more firm Season date is a way to meet in the middle.
Thanks for the affirmation nev, we appreciate you taking the time to chime in!
01/07/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Nevalistis
However, deployment dates can suddenly shift, including down to the last minute.

I read this as "maybe this weekend." Whoohooo! Let me dream!
01/07/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We have a philosophy of launching patches between Season transitions, and not while a Season is currently active.

So would that mean this weekend(TM)??? because it is getting closer and closer to Season 5, and we all know what happens after releasing a patch, there is always bugs that needs to be fixed, releasing it "down to the last minute" before Season 5 will destroy the start of Season 5 if there is any game breaking bugs...
(Just my opinion though)
Season 5 starts on the 15th. This is set in stone (or at least cold butter): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19993877/first-look-season-5-12-22-2015

Therefore, the patch will be released some time between the 11th and the 15th (I don't have high hopes for tomorrow, and definitely not for the weekend, because such a patch release has never happened before).
01/05/2016 09:22 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

But... If the patch will be "within the next 3 weeks" than that means January 15th Season 5 would be wrong, because you said "since it cannot be after the next season starts" ---- taking your latest date, 3 weeks from now, would be January 28th, 13 days after January 15th scheduled Season 5 release date.

Logic dictates that your time-frames are dumb.