Where the hell is inspect button?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
Oh great. Even hard to spot leechers.

What is wrong with these idiots?
01/12/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Grimeval
seriously? why remove it? now i cant help my friend in his gearing if i cant see what he's currently wearing...

If you are to far away from them in-game the Inspect button is not there.
01/13/2016 12:36 PMPosted by Visionhero
If you are to far away from them in-game the Inspect button is not there.

No. It's really gone. It's not just darkened out like if you were too far away, it's just totally missing.

You have to view their profile if you want to view their gear, and as far as I can tell it doesn't always update quickly if they're changing their gear.
Inspectgate™
Hi everybody.

The intention was to remove the Inspect option and integrate it directly into View Profile so that when you clicked View Profile you would get a fresh "up to date" version of the profile if available.

Those who played on PTR probably remember it working this way. It made sense - the two were very similar - and Inspect is turned off when you're not in a game or the other player is too far away. We would like to combine those two and have the game intelligent use the more up to date one when available.

EDIT: There is an update on this that supercedes information in this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418542767?page=4#79

(the next two paragraphs are now stale but left here for reference)
Unfortunately, between the end of PTR and 2.4 going live, the "up to date" portion of the View Profile broke! :( So now Inspect is gone and the new replacement functionality is missing. Obviously this is less than ideal. I was in a game yesterday helping a friend who wanted a recommendation on how to spend his blood shards and the lack of Inspect made this frustrating.

No ETA on a fix, and unfortunately due to the nature of the bug it is probably not going to be hotfixed, so it'll have to wait until a future patch. :(
(end stale information)
01/13/2016 01:22 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
No ETA on a fix, and unfortunately due to the nature of the bug it is probably not going to be hotfixed, so it'll have to wait until a future patch. :(
wow.....
Highly Rated
You guys are hilarious :D

Not only that you don't fix bugs which were reported through the entire PTR, no , you even break things like the inspect option, which no one asked for to change.
Hi everybody.

The intention was to remove the Inspect option and integrate it directly into View Profile so that when you clicked View Profile you would get a fresh "up to date" version of the profile if available.

Those who played on PTR probably remember it working this way. It made sense - the two were very similar - and Inspect is turned off when you're not in a game or the other player is too far away. We would like to combine those two and have the game intelligent use the more up to date one when available.

Unfortunately, between the end of PTR and 2.4 going live, the "up to date" portion of the View Profile broke! :( So now Inspect is gone and the new replacement functionality is missing. Obviously this is less than ideal. I was in a game yesterday helping a friend who wanted a recommendation on how to spend his blood shards and the lack of Inspect made this frustrating.

If it ain't broken...?
Maybe Wyatt wants to tell us 2.4.1 is coming before S5 start?
01/13/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Skelos
Maybe Wyatt wants to tell us 2.4.1 is coming before S5 start?

Let's hope so? Because...

01/13/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Beni

Not only that you don't fix bugs which were reported through the entire PTR, no , you even break things like the inspect option, which no one asked for to change.

This quote is seriously concerning if it was reported throughout the PTR.

The same issue might be happening with WoW's Legion expansion; and trust me, WoW seriously needs to have an honest PTR right now. To say it, so does D3; there's no real point to a PTR if the bugs found are not actioned upon and fixed before the patch, or expansion, goes live.
This makes me quite sad. :<

I mean, it's not like I used it THAT much, but enough. I play with my friend a lot and I tend to be on the up-and-up when it comes to builds, so I help him out with gearing decisions. Guess that's going to be harder in the coming months.
Hi everybody.

Please keep sharing this kind of stuff with us. Bad news are much better than no news.

Thanks.
so it'll have to wait until a future patch. :(

I can see the future!

2.5 patch notes

New Features:
1. We have now implemented a new inspect ability where you can almost instantly see what someone is wearing, just go through 5 hoops to see it!
2. We have listened to your feedback and removed the stash tab requirements. You will now be back to the 3 tabs from launch, down from 5 that original beta.
No0o they are incompetent... that's what these D3 dev's are
Hi everybody.

Thank you for responding. Its great to have contact with devs.
01/13/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Turgin
It was. And it's not the first time issues abound in PTR, get reported on (in the official forums) and nothing gets done.

Then suddenly live hits... and it's
"oops, our bad! We didn't know... derpa derpa"
01/13/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Rialian
Hi everybody.

Please keep sharing this kind of stuff with us. Bad news are much better than no news.

Thanks.

01/13/2016 01:54 PMPosted by Ludovic
Hi everybody.

Thank you for responding. Its great to have contact with devs.

01/13/2016 01:54 PMPosted by Shivera
01/13/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Turgin
It was. And it's not the first time issues abound in PTR, get reported on (in the official forums) and nothing gets done.

Then suddenly live hits... and it's
"oops, our bad! We didn't know... derpa derpa"

I too appreciate the chance to hear from the Dev's at this time; as well, I'd also appreciate more the fact that if the Dev's were to listen to player feedback during the PTR's of all games, things like this could possibly be avoided long term.
SO WE HAVE A COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE GAME UNTIL 2.5?!?!?!? GG BLIZZARD.

/sarcasm

If your friends can't figure things out on their own for rerolling, you aren't min-maxing to begin with for grift pushing. Give it time, this was a big patch and they were trying to combine and better an outdated and bloated menu.

Just link items for the time being, still better than the nostalgia-goggles for D2.
Hi everybody,

Quick update on this.

After looking at reports and testing it seems the underlying functionality is working correctly but the feedback in the user interface is inadequate.

Patch 2.3:
View Profile was always available but the results were not guaranteed to be up to date (usually based on when the person last entered/left a game)
Inspect was NOT always available (had to be within 100 yards of other player) but the results were always current of what the player is wearing.

What is currently live:
Functionality of View Profile and Inspect have been merged. If the other person is not in range, you get the same information as View Profile before. If the other person is in range for Inspect, then you get the most current information of what the player is wearing.

However, there is no interface feedback at whether you are looking at a "Live" version of a "Cached" version of the data. This is understandably confusing and something we'll look at.

To summarize: View Profile works and if you're within 100 yards of your target you are given a live view of them.
01/13/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Beni

You don't get it, it is their game, they are in full control.

Whenever they'd listen to the community, they feel like they give away some of this control, which is why they just don't.

For devs it is hard to grasp, and even when they do hard to accept, that they code this stuff for years and yet some meaningless players know way more about the game than they'll ever do.