Potions... Everywhere.....

General Discussion
One of the things I hate when in a group game is seeing all these potions all over town. You can't salvage them, and they are worth so little gold that going to sell this isn't worth the hassle. The Mystic is just standing over there with a cauldron begging for some attention. You could easily turn one of the most wasted items in the game to a whole new, dare I say "Game Changing", level. Here are a couple of my ideas for Potion recipes:

Distillation
You could use get Death's Breath from potions. Put in X potions and get Y deaths breath.

Potion Leveling
You could combine like potions to make more powerful versions of potions. At certain levels your potion effects will last longer and be more potent.

Super Potions
Combine different potions to make a new potion that is a blend of the powers of the base potions or just design a "Captain Planet" style potion where you just add 1 of every base potion and you get 1 Ultimate potion

I'm sure there are other things to do to make potions more interesting and add a new way to gear your char for success, but this is what I think would be a good place to start.
Thumbs up
Nice idea. +1
I just walk to the nearest merchant (5 seconds tops) and sell the potion. No clutter on the floor!
Dont forget to make them potions stack... They always forget things to stack in this damn game...
01/28/2016 11:36 AMPosted by Pookie258
One of the things I hate when in a group game is seeing all these potions all over town. You can't salvage them, and they are worth so little gold that going to sell this isn't worth the hassle. The Mystic is just standing over there with a cauldron begging for some attention. You could easily turn one of the most wasted items in the game to a whole new, dare I say "Game Changing", level.

I like where you're going with this idea.
01/28/2016 12:01 PMPosted by Neothanos
Dont forget to make them potions stack... They always forget things to stack in this damn game...

Each potion of a single type can have a variable rolled affix and thus not stackable.
They can't stack because potions also have a random component to them, which means every one is a tiny bit different.

Totally stupid.

Especially the "Bottomless Potion of Regeneration," which restores a fixed number of hit points over 5 seconds.

That of course should be a percentage of your current life, and it should be the same on every potion. Then they could stack.

But nah...
01/28/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Aristo

Each potion of a single type can have a variable rolled affix and thus not stackable.

Then we need 5 more tabs of stash space. This game... really... ffs
Haha, yeah interesting ideas.

I don't know why people don't just leave the potions and gems down below. I usually toss potions/gem as I'm TPing out.
My gripe with potions is that if you use a non-basic one it still sits in your inventory. ;-; That one extra inventory square matters! :O
01/28/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Neothanos
Then we need 5 more tabs of stash space. This game... really... ffs

Personally, I only keep Bottomless Potion of Rejuvenation or Amplification and just sell the rest.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/potion/
Or they could just salvage for souls... But yeah seems like even that is too difficult to do

Here's an idea: You don't need to have them stack. Why? because you could just go dump the potions you get into the cauldron and it will keep track of whats been dumped in there. That would play towards the potion leveling system. Then the bonus for each potion type can be tracked and applied to new potions you get in the field.

Then.....

01/28/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Kotumser
My gripe with potions is that if you use a non-basic one it still sits in your inventory. ;-; That one extra inventory square matters! :O

They can change the Potion icon on the hot bar to a pop up radial to choose which potion you want active based on what you have in the cauldron and BOOM! there's your inventory spot back
Lol Pookie, you assume the Devs actually have a brain. What you suggest is nice, but they are never going to be able to code that.
Or they could... wait for it... raise the value to make them worth selling.
01/28/2016 12:44 PMPosted by FredVIII

But, but, but that would require them to add comma's and we all know that is an issue in itself.
01/28/2016 12:44 PMPosted by FredVIII

Wouldn't much matter, every potion's gold value is subjective. Do some speed runs for Rifts, Bounties, or Keys with a Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem equipped and the fixed gold value becomes pointless anyway.

Could be worth 500K or 500M and the people that drop them will still drop them.
I like those ideas. Or salvage for souls, or the new Cube mats would be nice.

Speaking of, please just add a potion slot to our character sheet so the one we have equipped doesn't clutter up the inventory. Or just make the potion slot on the quickbar actually hold the potion. Boom!
I cannot upvote this idea enough!