Earthquake and attack speed

Barbarian
I'm wondering as a leap quake barb - should I put paragon points into attack speed? Does a higher attack speed help with earthquake damage? I'm having trouble trying to find a definitive answer. Thank you.
Of the 4 things to put paragon into on that tab, attack speed is without a doubt the last to get paragon for an EQ barb

Others may say otherwise, but I put it into CDR first, then between CD and CC I begin to put them into whichever is lower than the other on my stat sheet at a 10:1 ratio (CD:CC). For example, if I'm p360 or so (which my s5 barb is) I max out CDR first, that takes me to p200 but I still have 40 or so paragon pts to put in to that paragon tab (combat tab iirc?). Before I put those 40 points in to either CD or CC I check my stat sheet. If I have say 41%CC and 486%CD after buffs, I would put those 40 points into CC to try to close the gap between cc and cd. Maintaining that 10:1 ratio maximizes your dps output.

That said, for EQ barbs, and someone correct me if I am wrong here, you should run battle rage as one of your skills. I'm honestly not sure which rune is better since EQ only tries to roll a crit every 30 frames or something like that? so it may be better to use the into the fray rune since the EQ build has so much pulling of mobds built right into it. If you use that rune, then you will have quite a bit more CC while engaging mobs.

I'm sure someone has done the math on it on which rune is better.

I haven't seriously run the EQ build yet so I haven't looked into the details of this info yet, but it's certainly worth looking into since you're asking about attack speed.
Hey Rudo!

Let me join your topic.
What i thought to notice while enjoying the speed-pylon were quicker "ticks". But it is also possible that there were just more aims in my "quakeyard". So your question is legitimate.

But i have more questions concerning MotE ...

Some barbs use skill-buffs on boots, shoulders, chest to "increase" their damage on bouldertoss, earthquake or avalanche but isn't that kind of useless? You get 800% from 6 pieces MotE!
Add 15% and as a result - if it's additive - you won 1,67% overall. Using Blade of Tribes you stack up to 1000% on earthquake, adding 15% your benefit is about 1,36%.
Or is the set-bonus multiplicative to other "gear-buffs"?
Hey Rudo!

Some barbs use skill-buffs on boots, shoulders, chest to "increase" their damage on bouldertoss, earthquake or avalanche but isn't that kind of useless? You get 800% from 6 pieces MotE!
Add 15% and as a result - if it's additive - you won 1,67% overall. Using Blade of Tribes you stack up to 1000% on earthquake, adding 15% your benefit is about 1,36%.
Or is the set-bonus multiplicative to other "gear-buffs"?

Also want to know that. Because have this Problem wit rerolling my ancient Tribe Weapon:
-167 % EQ dmg -> 200% ?
-Dmg Roll ~ 1500-2100 -> ~ 1900-2300?
01/20/2016 02:24 AMPosted by DooMino
Also want to know that. Because have this Problem wit rerolling my ancient Tribe Weapon:
-167 % EQ dmg -> 200% ?
Even if EQ dmg was a multiplier you would "only" gain about 12% by rerolling it to 200%. Rerolling the weapondmg gains about 16%.
Considering that EQ dmg might be additive to 800% from MotE it's even clearer, that you should reroll the weapondmg.
Yeah if your weapon damage is ultra low like that the weapon damage will give a bigger boost. On gear the EQ damage is multiplicative though, you most def want that.

Also I may be mistaken but I'm sure I read in the past that attack speed only speeds up the animation of doing the EQ which just means it happens almost instantaneously with high attack speed but the damage remains the same.
01/20/2016 02:24 AMPosted by DooMino
-167 % EQ dmg -> 200% ?

Are you going to do most of your damage with EQ or with boulder toss? The answer to that question will guide you.