Make trash in rifts more valuable. Heres how.

General Discussion
Make massacres possible and massacre bonuses drop the progress globes. And their number or strength is based off the massacre number.

Take away the bonus exp if you have to.
I heard trash mobs did give reasonable experience before the patch, then blizzard overcompensated. I can't confirm because I wasn't here.
01/25/2016 07:51 PMPosted by LMSskeletor
I heard trash mobs did give reasonable experience before the patch, then blizzard overcompensated. I can't confirm because I wasn't here.

They increased it, also you can get more exp the more you kill in combo.
It isn't about the experience. In rifts people tend to just skip past the trash and only kill rares and elites. At the moment massacres don't happen in rifts. They should just bring massacres to rifts, but instead of giving an experience bonus, it would cause progress globes to drop. This will make people at least kill groups of mobs. At the moment killing anything other than a large group with aoe is simply a waste of time. This change would make it worthwhile to kill all the things instead of only the fancy things.
01/31/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Holymoo
It isn't about the experience. In rifts people tend to just skip past the trash and only kill rares and elites. At the moment massacres don't happen in rifts. They should just bring massacres to rifts, but instead of giving an experience bonus, it would cause progress globes to drop. This will make people at least kill groups of mobs. At the moment killing anything other than a large group with aoe is simply a waste of time. This change would make it worthwhile to kill all the things instead of only the fancy things.
This is a decent idea.

The game is meant to be about killing hordes of monsters. Skipping past 90% of the hordes in a rift should not be rewarded over killing everything.