Well the season is off to a flying start.

Hardcore
As per usual, new season starts and I drop whatever I'm doing and play for a lil bit... I had totally forgotten that it was that time again and started a day late, but Grift52 is done so far (and rather easily) and the farm is on.

Can only get better... and grindier... from here.
this begs the question........why the heck did they feel they needed to gift us all a full set so easily.

totally kills the early grinding, which is the most fun part of the game.

you know, when you are debating which build to go to and then BAM RNGesus drops you something totally different. working around RNGesus to maximize your output with what the game gives you..........this is the funnest part of D3 currently for me.
Yeah, I agree with you there. Sitting on a channeling firebirds set for ages because it was free and easy was annoying as hell, but even with how bad firebirds is, I was very comfy in t8. Then all of a sudden I had both a low difficulty speed farming setup AND the makings of a Grift pushing set completed all at once...
Were they trying to make us bored quicker?

I dont want to get all my items yet... i dont want to be bored im.having a blast atm
Yup... climbing through tiers used to mean something. Now you hit 70, do some t1, skip to t4 for a few runs, do some bounties, farm t6 for a few hours, then do grift 30, 35, 40, 45, farm t10 then it's progression time...
this game is just for the casual peeps..

3 months...

they dont want ppl to grind too long
01/18/2016 10:19 PMPosted by SeattleHawks
this game is just for the casual peeps..

3 months...

they dont want ppl to grind too long
TX is normal. GR 55 is like T4. GR60 is like T6.
I saw more than 40 people on fl and clan over the weekend. Hope this continue until the season ends. D3 is so much fun and fresh again. I played a completely different style this s5--a pet WD.
01/19/2016 08:33 AMPosted by HojoKing
I saw more than 40 people on fl and clan over the weekend. Hope this continue until the season ends. D3 is so much fun and fresh again. I played a completely different style this s5--a pet WD.

enjoy the season so far. love WD (results in my wiz still sitting at lvl15...).

tried hard but still can't find any starmetal, sacred harvester, tasker, Henri's .... feel miserable now...
[quote="204173060423"]
tried hard but still can't find any starmetal, sacred harvester, tasker, Henri's .... feel miserable now...

Start burning up those mats and crafting/upgrading via cube! I've been having a blast as Invoker sader, but also have a MoE barb for the last set dungeon I needed and it was a blast to play as well. Now I have to figure out what class/spec will be best for GR45 without sets. Without F&R, damage was a bit lot and survivability too. Time to level up some eso/gizzard gems.
01/18/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Chorro
.why the heck did they feel they needed to gift us all a full set so easily.

I only got 2 pieces...
01/19/2016 10:05 AMPosted by DrSeRRoD
Start burning up those mats and crafting/upgrading via cube!

+100 ....
I think this is the first time I start building up a farming toon seriously >__> Good thing is it's not as boring as I thought.
this begs the question........why the heck did they feel they needed to gift us all a full set so easily.totally kills the early grinding, which is the most fun part of the game.

I enjoyed the early lvling and grinding of the season. Didn't use the gift set. The 3 bags are still sitting in my stash :D may just want to keep it like that forever, just for fun. haha
01/19/2016 09:54 AMPosted by Sheila
01/19/2016 08:33 AMPosted by HojoKing

enjoy the season so far. love WD (results in my wiz still sitting at lvl15...).

Yeah Sheila but we'll get everything we need eventually. Keep truckin' and you'll find them.
01/19/2016 10:34 AMPosted by Sheila
I think this is the first time I start building up a farming toon seriously >__> Good thing is it's not as boring as I thought.

I had a lot of fun with a Manajuma/4p Helltooth/3p Sages doc last season. I called it my Elite Hunter, because that's all I would kill with it. I ended up getting an SMK via the cube very late in the season. Never got an ancient DoD. I think I spent around 2000 DBs on ceremonial knives before the SMK showed.

On my S5 DH, a Kridershot dropped during a rift on day 3. That will save me some DBs.
01/19/2016 10:33 AMPosted by Sang
.why the heck did they feel they needed to gift us all a full set so easily.

I only got 2 pieces...

yeah, but you can easily get the rest 4 items.

and when they are in front of you, how can you refuse it? i don't know i don't have that discipline. if it's available, i go get it.

kill zoltan kulle in t2, this can be done as soon as you hit 70

grift 20 solo, within 1 hour of hitting 70.

and there you have a whole set with minimal effort. And this full set enables you t7 bounty farming, t8 rifting, gr 40 easily.

that's all within 2 hours of hitting 70.

when you get handed all these freebies, the grinding becomes much more intolerable.
@Chorro damn, i'm dumb. I didn't know that lol
The real grind has started.

Have a seperate wiz purely for speed bounties and db farming with sages to try and get that elusive ancient WoH so I can push towards 70 with my build (65 done so far fairly easily).

The amount of mats already farmed is getting obscene :(
Well ranting on the forums works.

Ancient (though not amazing) Woh aquired, GR69 done. And unless I missed someone, I may be the only person NOT using the same lame cookie cutter spec in the top 100 lol.