Wow, so that's the reason

General Discussion
Highly Rated
01/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420494255?page=1

I guess that means they should stop pre order bonuses. You know how demoralizing it can feel if you forget to pre order and miss out on sweet rewards. Should get rid of leader boards as well since it can burn people out trying to get to the top. Let's not forget paragon, that can burn people out as well. And most importantly, since we care so much about people getting burned out, let's get rid of seasons. Nothing can burn you out more than grinding like a mad man trying to earn that extra stash tab in 3 months.

This is even worse than the if we give you more stash space, you will just ask for more.
Highly Rated
Don't forget the exclusive Blizzcon rewards, cross-promotional events, seasonal rewards, legacy items, beta sigil pattern rewards, feats of strength... How demoralising is it to not be able to obtain those anymore!
OP is MVP.

Blizzard, how many up votes do we need to swap Wyatt Cheng for AllOutWar76?
Quoting myself from the other thread;
01/28/2016 07:02 AMPosted by Sapphire
One would think it would be easier to compensate whiners by taking a different approach than taking this away. Solutions could range from having events more frequently, to simply having a consumable item that applies the buff mailed to the players. Both of which have already been discussed in this thread.

The post from the blue came across to me that they are essentially wanting to discourage players from playing the game if you include the gating of the stash tab behind the season wall.

So, is your game not making enough revenue? Is that why you're giving the appearance of wanting players to quit/give up? So that you can stop investing money in development and upkeep of this game? Is that it?

I am severely and sorely disappointed, and as a Blizzard fangirl, it is usually quite difficult for that to happen. Yet, here it is, happening.

TLDR: There are plenty BETTER solutions to the issue the blue described than just his cop-out.
--------------

It's obviously quite a hypocritical statement to make, too, as many people including the OP here has pointed out.

What I fail to understand is how they could have possibly concluded that this was a GOOD idea. Taking away incentives to play doesn't increase the incentive to play. I cannot express how disgusted I am with this way of thinking. Personally, I don't care too much about the events myself. I do consider them nice and fun to play while they're active -- but what bothers me more is how the community here is being treated.

I... I'm not even sure how I should react. Should I stop playing the game since they've decided to go in the direction of removing fun things? I mean, what's next up on the chopping block? I'm afraid they are moving in the direction of chopping off development of the game entirely. If that's the case, then perhaps I should move on...?
Thats some kind of liberal progressive thinking right there. Someone could feel opressed because he/she may not be able to play on the days where events are active so they dont do events at all (except for every other blizzard game for some weird reason) lol
Its why (one of the reasons) i stopped playing WOW. I love to collect everything in RPG's. So much however you cant collect anymore in the Blizz games. I guess i should stick to offline Single player RPG's :(
It would hurt numbers for stock holders.

2 days, players flood to the game for the buff.
Week or two following, people are burnt out and taking a nice break. That affects numbers the stock holders love <3.

Exclusives from Blizzcon, pre-order deals, special promotion packages; all bring in some kind of income and more numbers for the stock holders.

This games becoming crippled. Especially with unsavory types promoting numbers no humans can output in hours played.

As long as the stocks strong <3.
01/28/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Sapphire
I'm afraid they are moving in the direction of chopping off development of the game entirely.

I have been feeling this way for a while, also I agree with everything you posted.

Solutions could range from having events more frequently, to simply having a consumable item that applies the buff mailed to the players.

Excellent ideas. If they added an active timer to the buff (like the way the timers work on items you can trade) this would completely void out the reasoning of any time being a good time to play because the buff would be active whenever the player is playing. If they take a day off the buff will still be there until they run out of time in game.
01/28/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Sapphire
I'm afraid they are moving in the direction of chopping off development of the game entirely.

I have been feeling this way for a while, also I agree with everything you posted.

Solutions could range from having events more frequently, to simply having a consumable item that applies the buff mailed to the players.

Excellent ideas. If they added an active timer to the buff (like the way the timers work on items you can trade) this would completely void out the reasoning of any time being a good time to play because the buff would be active whenever the player is playing. If they take a day off the buff will still be there until they run out of time in game.

The only "booster", I remember, which counted down time while you actively play a game and not by server time was the battlepoint booster which was in dota2 till I believe 1.5 years ago where they started to rework the system.
More like they don't want the servers slammed during double-bounty week and the flood of support tickets that follows.
You are asking for more again.... Y you never learn :'(
You know, you could always give someone a potion (consumable) that grants X hours of double exp, or loot, or bounty rewards. That way they could activate it at their leisure.

Seems to me some REALLY big MMORPG did this, and still does today. Oh I remember, that's in EVERQUEST!

Maybe you guys could copy their formula and programming and stuff and make it work in here.

Just sayin'.
01/28/2016 06:23 AMPosted by AllOutWar76
This is even worse than the if we give you more stash space, you will just ask for more.
Was he wrong?
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420494255?page=1

I guess that means they should stop pre order bonuses. You know how demoralizing it can feel if you forget to pre order and miss out on sweet rewards. Should get rid of leader boards as well since it can burn people out trying to get to the top. Let's not forget paragon, that can burn people out as well. And most importantly, since we care so much about people getting burned out, let's get rid of seasons. Nothing can burn you out more than grinding like a mad man trying to earn that extra stash tab in 3 months.

1. Bonuses from preorders encourages sales. Your analogy is bad.
2. Seasons, leaderboards and paragon all encourage endgame. They will want to extend that as long as possible so as to get us keep playing the game. Your analogies here are also bad.
One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play.

I have to agree with Wyatt on this one.

I've played games, in which you wait for special events. I can tell you for a fact, that it's very annoying, even more so when you're not playing actual MMO and they shove MMO type of events.
Let's not forget paragon, that can burn people out as well.

The problem with Paragon is not, that it exists. The problem is, that there's no cap.

I hate the current implementation of Paragon, because:
it's inconsistent with the previous games (I don't think I even have to write a wall of text to provide proofs on this one);
because I find any system, that grants perpetual stats to be stupid;
and because it rewards... hell, it's not even about time spent. It rewards playing in ways, that are sometimes unintuitive, but more importantly more often than not are unenjoyable to say the least. Things like that can burn you out. A specific example:

You wanna play Marauder and squeeze certain amount of Paragon out of the Season. You haven't done enough research on the season's meta and you end up finding out, that nobody wants you in groups. Then you're left with the choice of going support, taking the time to make another char/build, or quitting the Season.
Then you remember, that Jay wanted for the game to be enjoyable without having to alt+tab and go on a website...

The devs outdid themselves with how stupid the meta is this time around. During Season 4 I thought how bad was it during Season 1 and 2. Now I actually miss them.

It wouldn't be a problem if there was a cap and I could reach that cap on my own (even though it would probably take me considerably more time than it would take for those, who play in the most optimal manner according to the current meta)... but there isn't..
I have to work this year on New Year's Eve. I hope NYC cancels the entire celebration because I'll miss out.
01/28/2016 10:39 AMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
1. Bonuses from preorders encourages sales. Your analogy is bad.

The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff.

According to him, the biggest reason is how demoralized you would feel if you miss out on the buff. Don't you think some players feel bad that they missed out on pre orders bonuses? Remember this thread isn't about sales at all, it's about how hypocritical these devs are. Since the biggest reason as he said was so people don't feel bad, shouldn't they take this stand on everything?

01/28/2016 10:39 AMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
2. Seasons, leaderboards and paragon all encourage endgame. They will want to extend that as long as possible so as to get us keep playing the game. Your analogies here are also bad.

Once again, this thread has nothing to do with endgame. Seasons:

It can also cause people to burn themselves out

Because you have a short amount of time to level, gear up and then do whatever it is you need. They just locked stash space behind the last seasonal achievement and since most of us need the space, it's fair to assume this will "burn out" a lot of players.

Paragon causes nothing but burn out. Grinding endlessly to pad some more points of main stat just to stay competitive is just dumb. Sure, if you're skilled enough you can sty competitive with people a few hundred paragon levels higher than you. Problem is people are in the thousands, and the rest of us will never catch up to that. You can take the best D3 player in the world at 0 paragon, and a chimp with 2000 paragon in a level 70 rift and the best player wouldn't stand a chance.

So how exactly does pointing out hypocritical behavior with analogies make these analogies bad? All you did was reply with things completely off topic. This is an ARPG, these games are designed to be a grind. People will get burned out, that's just the way it goes. Every single thing you can do in this game can burn people out. It's just a ridiculous excuse. I mean what's next? A ban on playing during working and school hours so us normal people don't feel demoralized?
01/28/2016 10:28 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Was he wrong?

No he wasn't. And he even went on to design a set of rings that require us to horde even more items. Where are we supposed to keep all this crap they keep coming out with? Stash space isn't an issue if you play 1 or 2 classes but to those who play all, it's a big issue, an issue the dev's themselves created than try to make us feel bad for their failure.