How would you rebuild the Raiment set?

Monk
Topic
Letting it gain all runes would be a nice start
First either change the name or make it closer to "thousand storms theme".

Devs need to toss their idea about dashing strike to kill enemies, its still clunky. I'd turn it into an element set something akin to CoE ring. Thing is though monk has only few abilities so its hard to build a set around it because skills are tied to another set already. Monk has 3 spenders and then cyclone strike, seven-sided strike, Exploding palm, and sweeping wind.
All runes for...? I'd remove dashing strike as the main damage source, and I'd also give it CHCc CHD,and Damage buffs for the 4-piece set.
yeah, definitely do not like seeing dashing strike. I'd make it so that whatever spirit gen you choose gets all the runes or something along those lines
02/03/2016 03:42 PMPosted by MrTC3
First either change the name or make it closer to "thousand storms theme".

Devs need to toss their idea about dashing strike to kill enemies, its still clunky. I'd turn it into an element set something akin to CoE ring. Thing is though monk has only few abilities so its hard to build a set around it because skills are tied to another set already. Monk has 3 spenders and then cyclone strike, seven-sided strike, Exploding palm, and sweeping wind.

02/03/2016 03:45 PMPosted by Urobu
All runes for...? I'd remove dashing strike as the main damage source, and I'd also give it CHCc CHD,and Damage buffs for the 4-piece set.

NO!!!!! I love the Idea of DS to kill..... Its like those Old/cheesy Movies where the person dashes and deals damage as he runs past with an epic pose at the end!

Its what made me fall in love with Diablo All over again. Its the 1st time I cared to climb the Ladder also and even try to get paragon points :(

With that Said, it be neat to see a combo of DS damage AND LTK as combos. you get Bonus damage for x seconds after DS for LTK.
I'd also take out LTK out of SWK as it doesnt even work there and make Raiment a Dash+Spin Set.

Though i dont mind if it just gets stronger because i liked the way it worked.
02/04/2016 02:39 AMPosted by electrofux
I'd also take out LTK out of SWK as it doesnt even work there and make Raiment a Dash+Spin Set.

Though i dont mind if it just gets stronger because i liked the way it worked.

Not saying its the best idea, but Moving out LTK from SwK and putting it in R6 would be awesome, to bad Bnet wont give it thought :(
Raiment is probably going to be the next monk set "reworked" in 2.5 unless they plan to add another one.

No clue if they plan to give up the DS portion or remove the gen portion, but at least it will get a damage buff or twelve.
What would you do to improve it, davlok?
02/04/2016 05:05 AMPosted by Urobu

Ha, I remember posting all sorts of random set ideas for Raiment on 2.2 PTR before we got shutdown and they told us Raiment would be the DS set. So here is a random one I came up with for 2.5 if they still insist on DS.

Raiment of a Thousand Storms
2pc: Dashing Strike consumes 50 spirit if no charges remain.
4pc: Dashing Strike places an inner sanctuary at target location
6pc: Inner Sanctuaries dropped by Dashing Strike connect with up to two additional inner sanctuaries within 30 yards to form a greater sanctuary. Enemies inside are afflicted by Static Charge take 5000% increased lightning damage.

So I'd imagine the game play being, DS all over the map and when you round up a sizable group of mobs, spend all your spirit drawing DS pentagrams to form as many overlapping greater sanctuaries as possible and then go ham. (with your generators of course!)

Support Items:
Jawbreaker - gain all DS runes.
Won Khim Lau - Fists of Thunder attacks 50% faster
Thundergod's Vigor - Permanently gain Sweeping Wind: Cyclone, and increase cyclone damage to 950% weapon damage.
the would never put so much work in a single set..in a monk set even less than in any other class sets. never ever going to happen ;)

sad enough that it will stay dash themed...i hated it from birth to every single rework
02/04/2016 05:05 AMPosted by Urobu

Ha, I remember posting all sorts of random set ideas for Raiment on 2.2 PTR before we got shutdown and they told us Raiment would be the DS set. So here is a random one I came up with for 2.5 if they still insist on DS.

Raiment of a Thousand Storms
2pc: Dashing Strike consumes 50 spirit if no charges remain.
4pc: Dashing Strike places an inner sanctuary at target location
6pc: Inner Sanctuaries dropped by Dashing Strike connect with up to two additional inner sanctuaries within 30 yards to form a greater sanctuary. Enemies inside are afflicted by Static Charge take 5000% increased lightning damage.

So I'd imagine the game play being, DS all over the map and when you round up a sizable group of mobs, spend all your spirit drawing DS pentagrams to form as many overlapping greater sanctuaries as possible and then go ham. (with your generators of course!)

Support Items:
Thundergod's Vigor - Permanently gain Sweeping Wind: Cyclone, and increase cyclone damage to 950% weapon damage.

Kreygasm
2 set = Every third attack of Fist of Thunder creates a shield of lightning enveloping the user that reduces damage taken by 50%
4 set = Using a spirit spender while shield of lightning is enabled releases 3 Wave of Light - Pillar of the Ancients surrounding the player and dealing twice the skill's damage. Shield of lightning is consumed in the process.
6 set= Epiphany gains the effect of all runes. Attacks made while in Epiphany have a chance of releasing 3 orbs of lightning around the user that deal 500% weapon damage as lightning per orb. Spirit decreases during Epiphany.

Won Khim Lau = Lightning skills 15–30% more damage, Fist of Thunder gains the effect of every rune
Crystal Fist = Reduces the cooldown of Epiphany by 26–50%
Eye of the Storm = Lightning skills deal 15–30% more damage, Wave of Light - Pillar of the Ancients heals the player for up to 5% of total HP every second depending on closeness to pillar

I'm not sure about the numbers yet because I just thought this up on the spot, but I think it's a more original take on it. Maybe slightly OP.
Change completely? "...of a Thousand Storms" - deadhorse but SW and CS comes to mind.
Random, whatever comes to mind, ideas:
  • LTK as a Generator - CS "consumes all spirit" type spender - enemies affected by SW take increased CS damage
  • SW usage as spender, consumes stacks to increase CS damage
  • FoT + DR incorporated
  • SW deals more damage the less spirit you have - CS increases the damage of SW
  • Shenlong effect SW (more spirit, more damage) - CS consumes stacks to give spirit
  • Generator hits consume Sweeping Wind stacks
  • CS has a chance to drop Inner Sanctuary

• Improve?
  • 2pc to a defensive property
  • Barrage rune hits all enemies
  • Barrage works/scales off the 6pc
  • As Davlok said, Jawbreaker gains all runes
  • Radius increase
  • Momentum based item?
  • http://imgur.com/lvfcprD

02/04/2016 04:03 AMPosted by Davlok
    Raiment is probably going to be the next monk set "reworked" in 2.5 unless they plan to add another one.

No clue if they plan to give up the DS portion or remove the gen portion, but at least it will get a damage buff or twelve.

What I was thinking, probably as the free Seasonal set as well.

Toss in some LTK items, a bunch of bug fixes that wasn't addressed in the previous PTR and maybe something for Uliana (*cough give us the Sustained Attack rune on the 4pc cough*); 2.5 in a nutshell. Who knows, maybe we'll get our first "gain all runes" or "x refunds spirit" item; Epiphany support item question mark but that falls under Vengeful Wind + Cyclone rune and GNK legendary affix changed to work with LTK more.

Forever catch-up mode, Feelsbadman.

But as for dropping DS:

02/04/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Laserfish
    sad enough that it will stay dash themed...i hated it from birth to every single rework

Laserfish is right, 3 versions (Stormbreaker, Blizzcon, 2.2) and they aren't deterred. I'd happily admit to being wrong if they did change it though.
    Remove dashing strike.
    02/04/2016 06:45 AMPosted by Davlok
    Support Items:

If it's a lightning build, it needs to have Thunderfury as a support item. Really, it does!! :D
    Any idea that makes r6 worse with generators is a !@#$ing terrible idea.
    I believe this set could be used with the Shenlongs fist weapons, so my ideas try to support that but allow for using it with other weapons and abilities as well.

2 Piece: Generator damage increased 200% and the third hit of your generators reduces all active cool downs by 1 second.
    4 Piece: Dashing strike gains double the effect of its' rune(s) and now spends 60 spirit, but refunds a charge when it does.
    6 Piece: Dashing Strike gains the effect of every rune

With all rune effects doubled you'd get:
    40% increased movement speed
    80% increased chance to dodge
    4 charges
    30% Increased attack speed for 4 seconds
    1950% weapon damage to the last target hit by dashing strike
    Sentia
    View profile
    I believe this set could be used with the Shenlongs fist weapons, so my ideas try to support that but allow for using it with other weapons and abilities as well.

2 Piece: Generator damage increased 200% and the third hit of your generators reduces all active cool downs by 1 second.
    4 Piece: Dashing strike gains double the effect of its' rune(s) and now spends 60 spirit, but refunds a charge when it does.
    6 Piece: Dashing Strike gains the effect of every rune

This is a pretty cool idea, even if I'm against the set being tied to DS. I'd like LTK to procc every time you used DS. Everytime you use dashing strike, you should get an ASPD/DMG bonus for the 4 piece, in addition to getting all it's rune effects doubled. For the 6 piece, you'd get an increase in DS damage to 15000% weapon damage and 15000% increase in LTK damage along with getting all the runes for LTK and DS. *wishful thinking*