Leoric's Manor drops...

Console Discussion
lol Ok so now I'm in the new Leoric Manor and there is a thing that happens with his ghost wife. I wont ruin it but I got a legendary Lachdanan's Stormshield that has no stats on it... Is this right?
Only drop I got was a clue to a dungeon. Trying to think where it could be leading me
it may lead to something bigger, dunno though
Got it too, with no stats!?
01/12/2016 03:03 PMPosted by shymorrisson
Got it too, with no stats!?

I think it's just a transmogrify skin. Awful to use, but you can make any other shield look like it.
I go it too and it rolled ancient. I was hoping that maybe there was a way to "power it up" but I didn't find anything in the manor.
Is the transmorg cool?
Just got it. Ancient to. Just a transmog. And it's ok looking I guess.
01/12/2016 08:40 PMPosted by AMG
I go it too and it rolled ancient. I was hoping that maybe there was a way to "power it up" but I didn't find anything in the manor.

It's a guaranteed legendary drop, thats why it's useless besides as a transmog unlock - people would just endlessly farm it otherwise.
Wonder if they added other stuff like this.
01/12/2016 09:29 PMPosted by Pobatti

It's a guaranteed legendary drop, thats why it's useless besides as a transmog unlock - people would just endlessly farm it otherwise.

When I got it I figured it was a one time drop.

You can also use it as an easy way to get forgotten souls.
It's just for transmog purposes. It's a lore item from D2 I guess.

01/12/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Rthis
Only drop I got was a clue to a dungeon. Trying to think where it could be leading me

This clue is for your "set" dungeon location. You got in in Leoric's library. It gives a different clue depending on what set you are wearing when you read the book.
01/13/2016 08:04 AMPosted by cobrasno1
It's just for transmog purposes. It's a lore item from D2 I guess.

01/12/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Rthis

This clue is for your "set" dungeon location. You got in in Leoric's library. It gives a different clue depending on what set you are wearing when you read the book.

It's a name I remember from D2, but I don't think it was anything special as far as legendaries went. I got one last night on 2 different characters. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something more to it, like a previous poster said - maybe there's a way to upgrade it that we don't know about yet. Other than that, its a free forgotten soul, which makes since, the other trophy room has an area that mostly drops items just to salvage for reusable parts (with a chance of the items rolling rare / legendary I guess).

And the tome is only if you have a 6-piece set bonus equipped. I got the Zuni's set clue yesterday. The dungeon itself isn't tough, but the objectives are pretty hard to complete.
01/13/2016 07:55 AMPosted by mentok1982

You can also use it as an easy way to get forgotten souls.

That's a bug apparently.

There's been a hotfix on PC that causes that shield to drop as common; it wasn't supposed to be legendary or maybe people were farming forgotten souls from it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418872890#1
Cripes.. dun were a puzzle ring near it, just in case.
Anyone notice she goes out to the balcony after showing the shield location? Wonder what else she's trying to show us?
08/27/2017 04:49 PMPosted by Blue24sml
Anyone notice she goes out to the balcony after showing the shield location? Wonder what else she's trying to show us?

It's an epic troll by Blizzard that has taken up a lot of my time.
You can still grab Leoric's Shinbone from the fireplace if the burnt logs are there...pretty useless for console except for collecting purposes.
08/28/2017 09:49 PMPosted by Abandurak
You can still grab Leoric's Shinbone from the fireplace if the burnt logs are there...pretty useless for console except for collecting purposes.

What? The shinbone is still used for the Staff of Herding. The Liquid Rainbow is the part that got cut.