Who designed the objectives for Set Dungeons?

Hardcore
01/25/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Sheila
there is no dps celling on wiz in group play (with good barb).
Do explain in detail.
01/25/2016 08:42 AMPosted by Jumbasa
there is no dps celling on wiz in group play (with good barb).
Do explain in detail.

only if you stop complaining on the forum, which is impossible....
01/25/2016 12:10 AMPosted by Jumbasa
Roland is unplayable for me, I´ve salvaged even the ancient pieces. Dunno how frustrating and RNG required is better than boring ^^

Also I found lightseeker while I was doing a hideous chore called bounties and since there´s no reward doing ´em, I won´t.

If the milk turns out to be sour, this kitty won´t drink it.

You've been drinking this sour milk for 2 years, why stop now?
@Sheila

The game is broken in many ways, reason why I don't play it anymore (<20 hours this season so far).
I enjoy the combat engine and that's the thing that gets me back each time.

The direction of the game is to serve the people with dead brain cells and the amount of power creep, number inflation and amount of time to reach the end game has been reduced to less than 10 hours of play and to me that's driving a lot of people away.

I know it has to do with the new generation of players that have no patience for anything and don't like to work towards any goals and prefer to have everything handed on a silver platter.

The game is being catered to casuals that play 15 hours a Season, and that represent very tiny portion of the game population. I'm at less than 20 hours and my character has every DH set with good rolls, all possible rings and amulets in Cube already, gems at 40+.
All that's left is to grind GR8-10 for GR keys and wait until season end and start fishing for the perfect GR.

People that come and play this game should understand it's a grinding game and time required to get fully geared is more than few hours.

Look at my now dead DH, it has ~12 hours played, does it look to you that I should be so nicely geared in that amount of time?
i was aiming to get the darn wings yesterday.

it seems doing no set 45 is a lot better than mastering 8 of these............set dungeons.

i got very frustrated with wastes set. it seems RNG is a big factor along with luck (i used veterans warning).

the marauder set dungeon...........WTF rockworms.

invoker set i did on the first go, very simple.

i think set dungeons are a good distraction when the grinding becomes............a grind.
01/25/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Sheila
Sheila is still that easy going player that would still play the game a bit no matter how 'bad' it is. haha

It's another reason to play the game, it's nice when I group up with the "old timers" for a run, it's still pleasant, brings back good memories and funny moments.

When you have VeePow in the game you never know what's going to happen and the strange way he'll find to die and you want to be there to laugh about it.

If I was fairly new player, I wouldn't play the game for more than few hours in it's form.
@SK
all good. im just complaining when seeing all "old timers" turn into d3 haters :)
I'm expressing my feelings towards the game and it is negative unfortunately, it's all based on the actions of this dev team.

I hope next xpack or D4 to be under different game director.
01/25/2016 08:47 AMPosted by Sheila
only if you stop complaining on the forum, which is impossible....
Ah ad hominem, very helpful and positive. Ty.

01/25/2016 08:51 AMPosted by Endeavor
You've been drinking this sour milk for 2 years, why stop now?
Oh brian ignoring and hating and exragating, what´s new?
01/25/2016 09:43 AMPosted by silentkiller
I'm expressing my feelings towards the game and it is negative unfortunately, it's all based on the actions of this dev team.

I hope next xpack or D4 to be under different game director.
You need to sugarcoat and not talk about the game with real names.
01/25/2016 07:25 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
We had people in nCg pushing GR 75+ within 24 hours of season... That would be fine if the "end game" was like 110+. But that's probably going to end up being close to 80-85% of the highest possible GR (I'm assuming we will end up with low 90s) within 24 hours of a season reset. That's insane.

1. not everyone is playing the game the 'nCg way'. so bliz cannot design the game only for nCg or SK or only those guys who can and who want to play A LOT.

2. wiz is even more broken than SC monk last season. there is no dps celling on wiz in group play (with good barb). no idea how high ppl can go if they keep on grinding until the end of the season.... that's why I was surprised that bliz didn't nerf it before patch up. another 1+3 group play is too bad

I understand not everyone plays like nCg does, but my seasonal start-time play has been almost identical for all 5 seasons. Play almost the entire first weekend with very little sleep and then return to work the monday and play 3-4 hours for a few weekdays that next week when I get time.

Wiz does indeed have a high damage cap, but their defensive cap is never going to be as high as everyone had with a 1M+ regen monk. We've effectively traded a heal monk for a totem doc in terms of the 4 player META build.

I'm just going by my personal experience, as I do not have the time to commit to the game as some of the others in my clan.

I understand blizz cannot target the uber-gamer who has no job or perhaps very flexible work ours... But in the same breath catering to a very casual player-base isn't ideal for this type of game, either. It works for a game like Hearthstone, where you can plop down for 20 minutes on the toilet and bang out a game or 2 :P but with Diablo there should be some consideration into the fact that this is a game where people are going to grind 500-1000 hours a season if they have the time and the drive... Doing things like 6 piece set give-aways only shortens the end game while holding the hands of the player who isn't willing or able to commit reasonable hours to the game.

I'm not saying that Diablo 3 is a casual game. But what I will say is that RoS vs Vanilla is about as big of a 180 as a company can make in terms of who the game is being made for.

But, like with all things, it's a matter of opinion. I just think this season is moving a bit quick.
01/25/2016 10:27 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
Wiz does indeed have a high damage cap, but their defensive cap is never going to be as high as everyone had with a 1M+ regen monk. We've effectively traded a heal monk for a totem doc in terms of the 4 player META build.

is there a META yet? wiz+barb is fixed, but really no idea what the other 2 would be. I don't like 1+3, it is boring game play. all bliz fault... I rarely complain, but it was so clear how energy twister was broken before the patch. health globes make it op. don't know what they were thinking about....

feel frustrating as a wd.turns out that im the zdps in group, and also the 'zdps' for my pets in solo... nobody can compete with the wiz dps spot. just hoping LoN support/dps wd can make it to the meta... who knows...
Is stash tab tied to mastering a set dungeon?

@carpe

Do I need to gimp myself on the DPS side, as I basically 1-2 shot all spiders and finding new groups isn't easy and I can't really switch gear once inside. It also appears I have to restart a few times to get the right RNG for monster layout...

Yes, I wouldn't have run the ue one unless I was forced to for the stash tab. I think the spiders die in the same amount of hits no matter what your dps is and the layout was the same every time I restarted it. I hit the 6 groups with about 90 seconds left and there were a couple more big ones I found after that.

If you only see a group of about 10 spiders just kill them and move on. You are wasting time if you have to spend more than 5 seconds kiting them. I finished it with about 30 seconds left but I missed a spider and it took me 25 seconds to find him.
01/25/2016 11:01 AMPosted by Sheila
01/25/2016 10:27 AMPosted by TheDutchMan

is there a META yet? wiz+barb is fixed, but really no idea what the other 2 would be. I don't like 1+3, it is boring game play. all bliz fault... I rarely complain, but it was so clear how energy twister was broken before the patch. health globes make it op. don't know what they were thinking about....

feel frustrating as a wd.turns out that im the zdps in group, and also the 'zdps' for my pets in solo... nobody can compete with the wiz dps spot. just hoping LoN support/dps wd can make it to the meta... who knows...

From what I've seen so far looks like:

Wiz
Support Barb
Support Monk (also spawning globes with mace)
Totem Support Doc

I've heard there is a chance that a god-tier Dart doc can compete with one of those roles for the single target on the RG.

It was the same way last season. Wanted to play my wiz or some form of damage but the META was monk monk monk some more monk, a side of monk, and then a barb for support. :P

Blizz doesn't know how to balance classes very well so I think they've just fully committed to cycling through a different class each season making them the insanely OP FotM class and letting everyone enjoy that class for 3 months before moving onto the next one.

Seems like the only certain thing right now is that support barb carries over from basically every single season as being OP. Ignore pain is too good and the monster grouping + globe spawning is pretty much always going to be top-tier.

I personally find the nado-wiz to be a very boring, uninspired build. But we are stuck with it. I use the Explosive blast / Wand of Woh build for my T10 farming. I wish that had been the top build. Much more interactive, much more exciting, more "in the poop". I dunno, I like it more. But standing still and holding down left mouse while periodically pressing teleport and EB is fine I guess.
01/25/2016 11:31 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
(also spawning globes with mace)

hey. now I have a question. when solo, on follower, if stack cc and put Solanium on, does it help a little bit??? or it sucks and should just forget about it???
01/25/2016 11:31 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
I've heard there is a chance that a god-tier Dart doc can compete with one of those roles for the single target on the RG.

was thinking about a LoN pet dps/support...
01/25/2016 11:45 AMPosted by Sheila
hey. now I have a question. when solo, on follower, if stack cc and put Solanium on, does it help a little bit??? or it sucks and should just forget about it???

I tried that a few seasons ago for my WD (with Gruesome Feast). Didn't seem worth it, I wasn't really noticing a huge increase in globes. Or any increase really. But I don't think I had max crit chance on him. Could be interesting with Broken Promises too... does that work on a follower?
01/25/2016 12:06 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Could be interesting with Broken Promises

yeah. I was asking Luffy the other day about using the BP. but seems nobody knows how it works. I may try it later on when i got a a chance. or you can try it and just give me a conclusion ;P
01/24/2016 09:30 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
01/24/2016 08:29 PMPosted by Jumbasa
I did light seeker dungeon with sader it was boring, will not even bother trying the others.

That's (arguably, it's a close tie with Invoker's) the easiest set dungeon in the game in my opinion.

Go and try Roland's and then come back and say you still think they are boring. Frustating, make you want to smash your head against the wall, yell obscenities, throw your keyboard etc. But not boring. Don't base your opinion on a single dungeon, because they are wildly different in terms of difficulty / level of frustration / RNG required to master etc. etc. And Light is one of, if not, the absolute easiest set dungeons in the game.

Shoot try the firebirds set dungeon. Something about being forced to pop my death passive in HC mode just seems wrong. Regardless how easy the mobs are, it still gets my heart rate up.
Thanks Carpe, I'll give it a shot few more times and see how it goes, I tried it 4-5 times already and either I kill all monsters and can't get the 6x20 or the other way around.