RiemeKüsu's IstvInna 2.4 Solo Pet Build 78+

Monk
Hi guyz :)

Some of you might remember that I had a build idea, but didn't share it because of the nerf gun ;)

Here ya go:

http://www.d3planner.com/303052704 (adjusted version)

Playstyle:

1.) Use Cyclone strike

2.) Hit a strike with WotHF - Assimilation to build up as many stacks you can

3.) Hold down Cyclone strike, fire allies as often you can.

4.) Repeat. Don't use Assimilation again with 10+ stacks until your spirit is spent.

When you run out of spirit before you can fire allies again, use WotHF - Assimilation.

Only use defensive skills when you need them - you will be able to fire off allies more often the lesser you dash, use IS or serenity. IS is a dmg buff of course, but it is 30% additive. Just find your style :)

Important: Serenity has no cooldown for 3 (or 4) seconds when you fire it but you have to reload it as soon as it is over. Beautiful synergy with Zodiac, because more of the 1s-cooldown reductions go directly into allies while you don't get hit. This is perfect to gain time for complete healing and fill up your spirit by activating your allies.

Note: Cooldown is king - on every item!

Made it through 77 easily today. You can switch Enforcer to Pain Enhancer, but there's enough IAS already. Enforcer worked best for me.

Glad to read your comments - math guys advice is very welcome ofc ;)

Have fun!
Looks like it could be fun?

I'll try later.
Thank you for the build share mate.
quick question: Dont you run out of Spirit very quickly or is the cooldown + Zodiac ring + MA active enough to keep up spirit ?
would it make any sence to swap CS rune to the lightning one for reduced spirit costs ?
Ungh, very important point. Fact is, the build is played with the lightning rune of CS! No idea why the planner took the implosion rune.

Movement is much more important when playing with lightning rune due to the lower range of CS. You gotta port to open space and wait until mobs start to attack you. But the CDR from Zodiac is just insane, especially when you're at 5 APS =)

I'm testing to switch Enforcer to Pain Enhancer and cube Furnace instead ... looks good too, because white mobs are pulverized anyway ;)
You can find the updated version here:

http://www.d3planner.com/612769681

Implications:

- Taeguk is clearly stronger than Stricken when focusing on a whole grift
- It is VERY important to hit as many mobs as possible with CS - you need to port around anyway ;)
- Determination > Unity
- the new BS rune is veery nice. Dropped IS:FP for it, despite the 30% (additive) dmg!

Really fun and tricky build in my view! You guyz should try it once :)

Record so far: 78 in 13:59
Very nice, any build that lets Little Rogue be viable is +1 from me!
What's the reason behind using Istavans vs Shenglong? What should I be farming for?
I have been trying out this build and have a few questions:

1. Is this build's damage coming from cyclone strike or the pets?
2. What elemental damage on bracer is best? Given that 6 of the 10 pets are physical, isn't it better to have +physical damage on bracer?
3. Is LOH required on both weapons? Or only 1 weapon is enough?
4. Would Fist of Thunder with Quickening rune (20 spirit per hit) better than WotHF - Assimilation?
5. I have been playing this build with Crippling Wave - Mangle and it does okay. What is the reason for WotHF - Assimilation apart from the +damage for 5 sec?

Previously I was using Ulianna's set and struggled to clear GR 60, with this set, I cleared it with ease. Definitely my preferred playing style for now.

@Hatch, should use Istavans as it gives 30% att spd, damage increase, damage reduction when buff is maxed.
01/25/2016 07:34 PMPosted by Hatch
What's the reason behind using Istavans vs Shenglong? What should I be farming for?

Also Shenlong's makes it near impossible to use your spirit, since you need that spirit to do damage and mantain the set bonus. If you want to run a heavy AS build but still use your spirit, Istvan's is the next best thing, especially after the buffs this patch.
So the question of which is better really is a personal preference?
Neato! Might give this a whirl.
gj rieme Boy ^^

trying to find some motivation to gear up for this ;)
01/25/2016 10:41 AMPosted by RiemeKüsu
You can find the updated version here:

http://www.d3planner.com/612769681

Interesting, diamonds in armour rather than emeralds? I guess survivability is the limiting factor at GR75+?
I have been using the same build since season start with area damage instead of cdr. I might have to try cdr instead now because I'm only getting to gr70.
Also, the Inna's daibo gives up to +120% Mystic Ally damage. Surely that would outweigh Istvans, given that the main damage source in this build is from the allies.
01/25/2016 09:59 PMPosted by Elcarim
I have been trying out this build and have a few questions:

1. Is this build's damage coming from cyclone strike or the pets?
2. What elemental damage on bracer is best? Given that 6 of the 10 pets are physical, isn't it better to have +physical damage on bracer?
3. Is LOH required on both weapons? Or only 1 weapon is enough?
4. Would Fist of Thunder with Quickening rune (20 spirit per hit) better than WotHF - Assimilation?
5. I have been playing this build with Crippling Wave - Mangle and it does okay. What is the reason for WotHF - Assimilation apart from the +damage for 5 sec?

Previously I was using Ulianna's set and struggled to clear GR 60, with this set, I cleared it with ease. Definitely my preferred playing style for now.

@Hatch, should use Istavans as it gives 30% att spd, damage increase, damage reduction when buff is maxed.

1.) It clearly is the pets, the skilled and activated pets to be precise.

2.) The (active) cold allies deals by far the most damage. Two of the physical allies "die" by activation and result in full life and full spirit, there's no damage effect. So, we have two fire, two physical and two cold allies dealing damage when the skill is activated. If you compare the runes, cold does 700+% damage (highest among runes) and offers a huge AoE - which is very important playing I6. Single targets are not a problem, but area damage is. So: clearly cold.

3.) The more the better. Tbh, 78 was made with just one LoH roll. If you roll LoH on both weapons, you sacrifice potential 24% area damage - you dont want to lose this!. Thats where the Taeguk gem comes in play: +50% armor when fully stacked is huge, you will take less damage from "everyday" attacks and can counterheal the damage much better with just one LoH-roll. From 77 on, you better dont get hit anyway (especially when serenity is on cooldown ;) ).

4.) If you use the lightning rune of CS and rolled enough cooldown (got ~59%), there will be enough spirit coming from the activated allies (200 spirit per activation + 8/second) most of the time. Also when flying dragon is active and you CS like mad. The higher spirit regen just is not worth losing 15+ or even 20+ stacks on assimilation (= +75+%-100+% additional damage).

5.) See 4.) :) The primary skill is not used to do damage, you wanna gain the best effect of using it - and this is damage, because you already got looads of attack speed.

I hope this helps ;)

Shenlong's focused on primary attacks, you don't want to push pet dmg when using it. Regarding pets, you clearly use Istvans because this build is all about attack speed. APS scales sooo well with allies damage that you want to reach the 5 APS - cap as often as possible. Well, you can argue that you can use Tasker and Theo gloves to buff the pet AS, but it does not affect your own AS. And exactly this is the point because i go for Istvans > Inna Daibo. You can wear or cube T&T when using the Daibo, but you won't be able to go for max CDR through Zodiac because you can't use CS often enough - there's a lack of own AS. That's why you want to go for as many AS buffs as possible that affect your pets AND yourself. So,Istvans is simply king because of 1.4 base attack + 15% dual wield bonus speed, +30% AS from buff (+ 30% armor, + a 1.3 damage multiplier besides oO).That's why I say: The higher attack speed, 130% higher crit dmg, higher dex, higher cooldown, LoH and even an AD roll outweighs the +mystic ally dmg roll on the Inna Daibo by far.

I hope this sounds logic :)

Ofc you can play a pet build with the Inna Daibo, but it will be very different from the one I presented :)

Guyz, game on and have fun :)

Rieme out.
Any chance of getting a gameplay video?
Actually i really like this better than inna shen. I didnt realize before that they can do damage.so imma gear up for this and see if i can tweak it alot more. Thanks rieme

My inna WoL can only manage gr70 because of damage isnt very consistent.
Reime, Air Allies give you 16 Spirit per second with Crudest in Inna 6. Inna 2 doubles the base effect of Air Ally from 4 Spirit per second to 8 per second and Crudest gives you two of them.
Another question, can FD proc from your Cyclone hits? Hard to tell how much uptime I'm getting.

This build is great. Managing the allies is like herding cats, but when everything comes together, stuff just blows up. And since the damage is mostly coming from activating the skill, it isn't as affected by the dumb ally AI as the other pet build.