RiemeKüsu's IstvInna 2.4 Solo Pet Build 78+

Monk
Im trying the build.. Seems to me im getting more dps using innas reach..what i want to do now able to remove epiphany from my skill bar, so zodiac can trigger ally as often.
Did you play around with different versions of this before settling on this 1?

Ive just switch to it so have meh gear but still find MA readily available. With more CDR and the paired blades alone i forsee it being fairly spamable.

Currently im using fist of az cubed and 2 piece uli. Full build that would mean dropping the shoulders so may be too squishy and a ring for RoRG. However as soon as a mob dies and all those super buffed impending dooms start to pop entire packs just instantly die.
Oh yeah, I tested soo many different variations. Different Gems, different weapons, skill combos etc - and this is the best one so far.

Actually, I'm testing around with using 2 per-hit proc weapons. As long as you can keep FD cubed, it is possible to use other weapons too (but not Shenlong). Azurewrath + Rimeheart is pretty fun, but not very strong, even tested using hack with the new gem instead of Taeguk and so on :)

In 70+, EP just becomes too weak when not using Fist of Az and Gungdos ... and if you do, your allies are MUCH weaker, you won't be able to kill anything palmed fast enough.
And I just rolled through 75 on the first try. This is also with me gimping myself by using Crippling Wave instead of WotHF, for reasons. I also took MoS/Agility instead of BF after I noticed I was rarely activating the latter; so I might as well slot something I can forget about during the grift.

01/29/2016 03:32 AMPosted by RiemeKüsu
Actually, I'm testing around with using 2 per-hit proc weapons. As long as you can keep FD cubed, it is possible to use other weapons too (but not Shenlong). Azurewrath + Rimeheart is pretty fun, but not very strong, even tested using hack with the new gem instead of Taeguk and so on :)

Fulminator and Shard of Hate, maybe?
01/30/2016 07:54 AMPosted by hong
And I just rolled through 75 on the first try. This is also with me gimping myself by using Crippling Wave instead of WotHF, for reasons. I also took MoS/Agility instead of BF after I noticed I was rarely activating the latter; so I might as well slot something I can forget about during the grift.

I really do wonder how high you will make it using these skills. I think you will feel your damage hitting a wall very soon if not using Assimilation.

01/30/2016 07:54 AMPosted by hong
Fulminator and Shard of Hate, maybe?

Not even close. Made it through a 73 using the lightning rune of WotHF, there's just not enough dmg around. The per/s-dmg of Fulminator just is not worth it, even though it scales very nicely with CS. I even tried using I6 SWK 2 with the (Bracers & Amulet) cyclone-SW, but you will lose Zodiac or CoE when not using the Daibo. I think the Istvans's Combo is simply the strongest.

Off Topic: Had some nice thoughts of a LoN Lightning-char with Shard / Kyoshiros Blade, Pillar, Sweeping Wind and WotHF - FoF using Mirinae ^^ But it is as always: You won't beat the sets :)
Did you try unruned MA? I can't see wether or not I6 already gives this +50% bonus. Because otherwise, it doesnt change which rune you have on MA, you get all bonuses.

Also, I can't understand why you say determination > unity. Does one give +20% for pets while other one only gives +5%?
You were playing with unity before.

Otherwise, really great build. Thank you.
Well, I just completed a 76 after several attempts, so this looks to be about the limit for me. Which is fine with me, it's 12 levels above what I was doing last season.

Gems used were BotT, Enforcer and Stricken. I used Pain Enhancer instead of Stricken for the 75, but the boss was taking too long to kill at 76. I also tried Furnace instead FD in the cube, and got the opposite problem: now the trash took too long to kill.

I just checked the US leaderboard and I'm actually the 2nd-highest ranked monk using this build, lol. The 1st is on 78, and he doesn't have a generator at all, instead using SW/Inner Storm for moar spirit.

I might have a go at 77 when the season end comes around.
01/31/2016 10:14 AMPosted by Aldween
Did you try unruned MA? I can't see wether or not I6 already gives this +50% bonus. Because otherwise, it doesnt change which rune you have on MA, you get all bonuses.

Also, I can't understand why you say determination > unity. Does one give +20% for pets while other one only gives +5%?
You were playing with unity before.

Otherwise, really great build. Thank you.

The +50%-Bonus is disabled, it does not make any difference which rune you choose. I do go with cold, just in case %ele should be calculated in there somehow ;) But it won't change anything.

The thing with determination > unity is the following: Unity is all additive damage (same category like assimilation, Forbidden Palace, +dmg from skills etc.), but determination is 20% multiplicative damage. Overall, the damage is better as soon you reach 3 stacks or 3 enemies around you - so it will be better than Unity all over the grift, but probably worse fighting the Boss.
Going to try this build out as soon as I find Little Rogue. I been using the Inna weapon and managed to get up to 71. Maybe this will help me in pushing a bit higher seeing as how people seem to have gotten great results.

I have a question though. How is the survival without unity? I'm guessing the buff from the set weapons helps make up for it as well as Serenity. Does replacing any of the rings with Unity gimp the build? Saw someone using the same build but had Oculus ring on and Unity in the cube, seemed weird to me.
02/02/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Harman
I have a question though. How is the survival without unity? I'm guessing the buff from the set weapons helps make up for it as well as Serenity. Does replacing any of the rings with Unity gimp the build? Saw someone using the same build but had Oculus ring on and Unity in the cube, seemed weird to me.

Spamming Cyclone Strike and Mystic Ally effectively locks down 90% of enemies in the game. The main things you have to worry about are ground effects (f**king arcane lasers) and CC-immune creatures like mallet lords.

Push high enough and eventually you'll get one-shotted by stuff that gets through, but that happens with any build. Be fast with Serenity and slot NDE if this becomes a problem.
Great build. I was looking for an alternative to the typical Inna's pets build because of how painful it can be if you have to wait for the full CoE rotation if you didn't kill the pack, or just died. I have two questions:

Assimilation is really powerful, but have you tried using no generator at all? Sounds like what lacks to this build is some mitigation (since you don't use unicity or spirit guards), perhaps that could be taken care of with epiphany or something like that instead of a generator.

Since I haven't tried the build yet, how often can you typically activate MA in one full CoE rotation?

Thanks!
02/03/2016 05:50 AMPosted by Kothin

Assimilation is really powerful, but have you tried using no generator at all? Sounds like what lacks to this build is some mitigation (since you don't use unicity or spirit guards), perhaps that could be taken care of with epiphany or something like that instead of a generator.

The highest-ranked guy in NA using this build (GR78) doesn't use a generator, he takes SW/Inner Storm instead for spirit.

Since I haven't tried the build yet, how often can you typically activate MA in one full CoE rotation?

Thanks!

I can typically activate MA a bit more than once per element, so let's say about 6 times in 20 seconds (5 elements x 4 secs). Double that if FD procs.

According to Davlok, the Inna 6pc bonus probably goes down to 9x when the skill is activated, because one earth ally despawns. I'm not sure what happens if you reactivate while the ally is absent, it may go down to 8x. Regardless, spamming MA as much as possible seems the way to go. It also suggests channelling pylons will be great for this build.
01/31/2016 12:03 PMPosted by RiemeKüsu

The +50%-Bonus is disabled, it does not make any difference which rune you choose. I do go with cold, just in case %ele should be calculated in there somehow ;) But it won't change anything.

The thing with determination > unity is the following: Unity is all additive damage (same category like assimilation, Forbidden Palace, +dmg from skills etc.), but determination is 20% multiplicative damage. Overall, the damage is better as soon you reach 3 stacks or 3 enemies around you - so it will be better than Unity all over the grift, but probably worse fighting the Boss.

I just read that determination was additive on another post.
02/06/2016 12:12 AMPosted by hong

The highest-ranked guy in NA using this build (GR78) doesn't use a generator, he takes SW/Inner Storm instead for spirit.

[/quote]

I simply don't understand why :) The per second-damage is ridiculous, and do you really need 8spirit/sec, when you can skill a generator that gives 40+ spirit / sec und up to 100% dmg with 20 stacks? SW only makes sense combined with 2pc SWK in my view. Epiphany is not an option because it is a 60sec cooldown - skill. A lot of your Zodiac procs will end up in epiphany, causing much lower dmg because you can't spam MA that often. Serenity/BF will be available less often too. Thats why i go for a generator. You can even choose: 15 IAS. Permanent +15% dmg from deadly reach? Freeze? Proc? Spirit-Regen? Dmg Reduction? Choose whatever you need :)

I did some testing using the Inna Daibo, replacing the generator and going for tempest rush combined with the new shoulders, bracers and Seph's. Good fun combined with the freeze from MA, 6sec-blind and a max-CC-follower - but clearly lower damage than the Istvan's CS-Spam build. I need to test how Istvans with RoRG work, but you will lose CoE or Zodiac. Not sure if it's worth it.
inna diabo + crudest boots, then replacing them in the cube by spirit guards.

not enforcer anymore cause u lack of attack speed, i replaced by PE.

i'm more tanky with this setting, and earn a bit of dps du to inna diabo.

only did gr 72 yet but i've !@#$ty stuff ^^

i think you should try this with your mega stuff guys
ps : using the mantra that gives you 10 attack speed instead of sanctuary (with i don't like in that build cause it consumes cool down, then dps)
Giving me a reason to come back to monk but need a couple of answers to what i'm sure are stupid questions please.
1: is this build seasonal only? because my weapon only gives 24% not 124% ally damage.
2: is it worth getting the 2 swords for a non season build?

I have d'ed so many of those swords and never even kept 2 to remake for ancients.

EDMO toon.
02/21/2016 03:34 PMPosted by oldman54
Giving me a reason to come back to monk but need a couple of answers to what i'm sure are stupid questions please.
1: is this build seasonal only? because my weapon only gives 24% not 124% ally damage.
2: is it worth getting the 2 swords for a non season build?

I have d'ed so many of those swords and never even kept 2 to remake for ancients.

EDMO toon.

There are no more seasonal exclusive items but Inna's Reach did get a change in patch 2.4 to have 90% to 120% Mystic Ally damage. I don't know if you reforge a pre 2.4 Daibo will it roll with 2.4 values but you definitely can Convert Set item to get a 2.4 non ancient and then reforge that one to get an ancient.

The Istvan set is definitely interesting since it buffs attack speed, damage and armor by 30% when maxed out.
Why use determination and not unity?

Just answered my own question.
I have a question. Why use Enforced? As you say, the damage come from active Spirit Ally, and Enforced doesn't increse damage from ally active skill.