Are Public Games Safe on XBone?

Console Discussion
I just came back to the game recently. I was a long time PC player and decided to grab D3 for console when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. I've been loving it. The console drops seem better? Or maybe I've just been lucky.

To the topic, I had heard someone say that modders in public games could royally screw you over. Is this still happening? Or was it ever a thing? I know that pub games are filled with modders.

If you're active and like to play legit, add me on XBone. MattmanFisher

I wouldn't mind getting some gifts if anything. LOLZ
Yeah don't join pub games. Just look for legits on the forums here, there are many.
Guy joined our game yesterday somehow and he had a weapon that did billions in dmg and a wydward ring with 3 gem slots. Yes these guys will jack your paragon if they can.

There are many legit players here but there are also modders posing as legit so check their gear.
Look into the legit players topics. Add those people up.

I'm on PS4, so you can't play with me ;_;

But yea, just get to know people before you play with them. Hackers are like guys/girls with STDS...

Check out their !@#$ before you play with em.......

If their weapons have damage over 6000, it's hacked. If anything but chest and legs have more than one socket, it's hacked. Gems over lvl 80 are typically hacked.

Paragon above 1200 usually hacked on console.
01/19/2016 11:12 PMPosted by Branch77x7
Look into the legit players topics. Add those people up.

I'm on PS4, so you can't play with me ;_;

But yea, just get to know people before you play with them. Hackers are like guys/girls with STDS...

Check out their !@#$ before you play with em.......

If their weapons have damage over 6000, it's hacked. If anything but chest and legs have more than one socket, it's hacked. Gems over lvl 80 are typically hacked.

Paragon above 1200 usually hacked on console.

Agree
Ps4 as well
Agree
Indeed! Inspect before you join the game!
Vanilla Skywarden has 2 sockets

Usually being the keyword. If someone plays like an addict paragon 1000 is really doable. Higher probably where it's account wide, and +xp gear can be a thing.

As far as OP goes: Never play in publics. Set your !@#$ to friends only or invite only.
If I set to friends only I'd never play online lol.

But since I started hardcore I can't find any games, friends or public lol.
Cool cool. I'm liking the console version a lot. I've sent a lot of gifts to two of my friends who have the game but I don't think either of them play anymore. So if you're on XBone just add me and I'll send you some. (What's in them?)
Actually now with the new patch 2.4 they are safer then before
Hi Mattman,

The gifts contain random rare items, it could be a weapon, some armor or Ramadan's gift and even a potion.

Feel free to add me and I'll friend back, but as I usually play hardcore I don't get gifts (other people also have to play hardcore for this to happen).
01/20/2016 04:06 PMPosted by evilm3w
Hi Mattman,

The gifts contain random rare items, it could be a weapon, some armor or Ramadan's gift and even a potion.

Feel free to add me and I'll friend back, but as I usually play hardcore I don't get gifts (other people also have to play hardcore for this to happen).

If you joined my Fb group you would

We have over 180 hardcore players

All Xbox one
No hacked items
I don't use FB.