Raiziel - what am I missing?

General Discussion
Trying to go for some higher rifts on my Wizard; with all buffs up he sits around 300million sheet toughness.

I walk through a 62 rift with not a care in the world; my hp never drops at all.

Raiziel is a different story. When he pops, I get insta-procced over and over again. Some sort of aoe force wave that instantly procs me, every single time. I can't seem to port out of it, is there a way to stop it going off?

It seems utterly nuts that in a rift where I take practically no damage, the guardian can literally 1 shot me, over and over again.
The further away you are from the less substantial the damage would be, the closer you stand the more forks of lightening you are hit by. You could try keeping your distance.
Not sure what spec you are playing but if it is the very popular DMO set, it has a huge drawback on this fight. Raziel does lightning throughout the fight (and goes berserk on lightning at like 25%) but the problem with DMO's slow time is that the lightning doesn't move much so if you go in melee range, which almost all DMO builds are, it's not just 1 spark you're taking it's like 28 of them at the same time. No amount of toughness can tank through that in high GRs.
It's insta death even with 2000 lightning resistance. When the shower of electricity appears on top of you, you have only half second (or less) to teleport away. But the teleport cooldown is usually huge so you'll probably die from the next attack.

From the bosses that have unavoidable attacks, Raiziel is definitely the worst. He just blew up a ~12 minute solo run I was doing on GR78 with Wizard. The funny thing is that Blizard reworked a jewelry set that adds damage while standing still, and added a shoulder that also increases damage while channeling speels, but now half of the elites got frozen pulses that will just destroy you if you don't move.
02/06/2016 05:08 AMPosted by gambler
It's insta death even with 2000 lightning resistance. When the shower of electricity appears on top of you, you have only half second (or less) to teleport away. But the teleport cooldown is usually huge so you'll probably die from the next attack.

From the bosses that have unavoidable attacks, Raiziel is definitely the worst. He just blew up a ~12 minute solo run I was doing on GR78 with Wizard. The funny thing is that Blizard reworked a jewelry set that adds damage while standing still, and added a shoulder that also increases damage while channeling speels, but now half of the elites got frozen pulses that will just destroy you if you don't move.

You need to add some cc bro

try the build i have on my wiz, its not compete cause i would have to get some more specific wiz gear and bounties for cube and etc (but i'm going only season now so i wont do it). But it has everything, cool looking effects, dps, CC, survivability, infinite teleport... etc.
Same reason when an elite / boss throws down a slow time and a DHs projectiles enter that bubble and slow down and then you watch the elite / boss move into those slowed projectiles and then take a massive amount of damage at once.
what are you talking about?
when a boss throw that bubble and you use chakram they just circle without doing any damage at
all
you have to grind them down with some other skill
most useless thing ever the projectiles swirl slooow and dont do much damage at all
if it worked as intended they would take damage eventually´from them chackrams
but they dont
it seems once the projectile been hanging around long enough they stop do damage at all
just adding to the lag
so i guess that at least works as intended
Actually it's holy damage. Even if you wear the lightning immunity amulet you will get busted.
02/06/2016 05:08 AMPosted by gambler
but now half of the elites got frozen pulses that will just destroy you if you don't move.
Most of the time they will even kill you before you could move. :P
Not sure whats up all the virtually unavoidable damage.
02/06/2016 11:02 AMPosted by KTBoundary
Actually it's holy damage. Even if you wear the lightning immunity amulet you will get busted.

Thankfully anything that can deal with Arcane damage can deal with Holy damage as well.

*hint hint*