can we talk about progress orbs again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
A couple patches ago they trialed progress globes in normal rifts and then left them out of the final patch, my guess was because of the bad feedback on the change. Yet the very next patch they put it in for real. o.0

Anybody who says they like this feature is a hypocrit, literally if you have one of those mini groot's on your character and you say you like progress globes you are full of it.

Somebody in the D3 team obviously thought along the lines of a sane person when they made the auto health potion and gold pickup then changed the gem pickup to group pickup. Now this season we have the pet that picks up gold. All things that were received with thanks because NOBODY likes excessive clicking around picking up mundane things which should be automatic.
Completely agree with this. I was totally bummed when they brought those damn orbs over to regular Neph Rifts as well. As if having to wade through TX rifts making like 0.000000000000000000001% exp per run wasn't a hassle enough, now we have to run around picking up this friggin yellow orbs as well.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said a million times amongst the responses in here, but I'd definitely love to see them gone. Or at least have them just suck up right into you as soon as you kill an elite. Therefore maintaining the fun visual effect, without having to waste all that time running about to pick them up.

I know it's a bit of a stretch and it'll probably never happen. But I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVE if we could do something about Death's Breaths and other mats as well. If we could at least auto pick up DBs and mats when near them or better yet just have them go right into our invo no matter where they drop, that would make keyfarming sooo much better.

I dream of a day when I can just blow through a boring old TX rift at full speed, never having to turn back to pick up orbs and click on DBs, never losing teaguk stacks, just going straight ahead to the RG, having the riftstones pop right into my invo and going onto the next.
01/27/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Nythe
Personally I find the pop and explosion of orbs satisfying. Not saying any of the OPs points are not valid but personally I like the aesthetic it brings.

I kinda do agree, but also agree that balls exploding in all direction, through walls sometimes, is very annoying.

So like I said earlier, a wider pickup radius and smaller drop radius would suffice.
Drop the orbs in general area of where the mob actually died, and let us pick them up from wider range than the radius of molten explosion.

Win-win.

EDIT: Oh, but we definitely don't need them at all in regular rifts. Elites bursting in explosion of gold and death breaths is satisfying enough. :)
Speak for yourself, I love progress globes. Sounds dope when you scoop them up.

Looks sick too when you Furious Charge into an elite for the final hit and, especially if you're running a speed raekor build, items, globes and gold fly everywhere.

Fking awesome.
01/28/2016 01:20 AMPosted by MyCC

Looks sick too when you Furious Charge into an elite for the final hit and, especially if you're running a speed raekor build, items, globes and gold fly everywhere.

Fking awesome.

So devs just need to add a simple option to Enable/Disable these globs, it's that simple. It's ok to like whatever you like, but the majority does not like this. It's super annoying while you're speed rifting, I can confirm
01/28/2016 03:07 AMPosted by Sammax
01/28/2016 01:20 AMPosted by MyCC

Fking awesome.

So devs just need to add a simple option to Enable/Disable these globs, it's that simple. It's ok to like whatever you like, but the majority does not like this. It's super annoying while you're speed rifting, I can confirm

rofl.. please.. takes half a second to pick up the globes.. stop making it seem like it takes tons of extra time to do so.
01/25/2016 04:31 AMPosted by Kobrakai
If I'm farming XP I don't pick them up so that I get more XP out of each key and spend less time farming keys. If I'm pushing leaderboards then I pick them up. I like that I have this choice.

So many trolls in this post but this one actually had even some point why to keep them.

Though even in GR after you kill the RG you can proceed forward and there should be more mobs again.. it just clears them around the RG spawn location.,
so killing an elites adds progress and drops progress orb right ? you realize that under 70 orbs arent required to finish it in time .. Same goes for health globes ? we already have life on kill why isnt it rolled into that ?

EDIIT :Dont take my orbs away , its my duty to pick them up while wife keeps taeguk up -.-
01/27/2016 11:30 PMPosted by Aohige
let us pick them up from wider range than the radius of molten explosion.

That would ruin it imo.

But I agree that orbs of course should never get thrown through walls and such.
I was just running a 49 with a Delsere's etched sigil build. AT/Lightning, tornados, the works..

The worst part about this. Was having to chase down globes after my tornados kill something in a bubble across a ledge in 'The Forgotten Ruins' GR map setting.

Then of course I TP over, bubble expires and a grotesque explodes. GoodGlobe!

These things do more bad than good.

I said it before and I'll say it again - GR's are meant to be a test of your gear and skill. It's not meant to test how accurate we are at grabbing orbs as quickly as we can without dying or falling behind (in group games).

if you won't get rid of them at least add a vacuum or more of a standard pickup radius for globes and let that be increased by our other globe radius.
01/24/2016 01:26 PMPosted by error37
they don't serve any purpose at all.

They do serve a purpose, bots don't see them, hence bots are not viable grifters.
Just my viewpoint, I may be wrong.
How about some Text on the screen that says "Progress Bonus" or something with some dazzling fading fling to the progress bar as it fades away.
01/28/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Zyron

They do serve a purpose, bots don't see them, hence bots are not viable grifters.

Bots do see them, just watch some videos of Bots on youtube. You can see them collecting the orbs probably better than most players can.
Really, the only value you could place on them is if there were a random amount generated from each elite pack, like 3-5. Then everyone could get pissed at more RNG, but love it when 5 after 5 drop from the rift.
Or the guys in Blue can make the pets collect that orb, like they do on gold. so they will remain in the game (the orb), but we dont need to click on it. and will give the players another objeticve to complete in order to get the pet (or pay for it)

I'm not sure if they can or can't, but with this game in the most bot friendly and encouraging state it's ever been, I don't see why this would even be relevant.

01/28/2016 11:24 AMPosted by wolpak
Really, the only value you could place on them is if there were a random amount generated from each elite pack, like 3-5. Then everyone could get pissed at more RNG, but love it when 5 after 5 drop from the rift.

Isn't that already the case somehow? It's not always 3, sometimes 4 or even 5 ( I think ). Maybe I am stupid, but I have yet to understand the logic behind the amount of orbs.
Just look at this, I can't even grab the globe since it fell into a non-reachable place. http://imgur.com/Pq9BqK9
01/28/2016 12:04 PMPosted by error37

I'm not sure if they can or can't, but with this game in the most bot friendly and encouraging state it's ever been, I don't see why this would even be relevant.

01/28/2016 11:24 AMPosted by wolpak

Isn't that already the case somehow? It's not always 3, sometimes 4 or even 5 ( I think ). Maybe I am stupid, but I have yet to understand the logic behind the amount of orbs.

Blues drop 3. Champions drop 4.
01/28/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Phosphono
01/28/2016 12:04 PMPosted by error37

Blues drop 3. Champions drop 4.

Thanks for explaining :)
01/28/2016 12:45 PMPosted by EtherSword
Just look at this, I can't even grab the globe since it fell into a non-reachable place. http://imgur.com/Pq9BqK9

Also the other 2 dropped pretty retarded, depending on your toughness you have to wait for the fire before picking them up.

So useless...