Why aren't DB's part of GR bosses drops?

General Discussion
What is the reasoning behind the Greater Rift bosses dropping any amount of Deaths Breaths?
Because no one would have any incentive to farm regular rifts other than just grift keys.
Because reasons?

But really, we've all either been wondering the same thing or have moved on and just farm them in regular rifts without question.
So that you have something else to do apart from grifts?
01/27/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Raharl
Because no one would have any incentive to farm regular rifts other than just grift keys.

Nobody farms rifts for anything but keys already. Any breaths found while running regular rifts are just a happy byproduct of farming keys. Because Greater Rift. And since you can't do Greater Rifts without doing rifts in the first place, your point sort of falls flat.
01/27/2016 08:56 AMPosted by prusswan
So that you have something else to do apart from grifts?

Ahh, aren't rifts already required in order to do greater ones? And i mean, lots... for each grift you do you had to have done a regular rift for the key? Or is my math wrong, correct me, i'm from human sciences. lol
I agree, there is no reason for grift bosses to not drop like, 3~5 death breaths at least. Just a small change, QOL improvement.
01/27/2016 09:05 AMPosted by LostSoul
01/27/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Raharl

Nobody farms rifts for anything but keys already. Any breaths found while running regular rifts are just a happy byproduct of farming keys. Because Greater Rift. And since you can't do Greater Rifts without doing rifts in the first place, your point sort of falls flat.

Wrong. What you propose is the most inefficient idea ever. Farm 1 RG for a few DB's instead of TX for 80 DB's. Sounds pretty good to me.
Personally, I think that a greater rift should drop anywhere from 20 to 50 DB's, depending on GR level. I spend countless hours grinding rifts to generate DB's. While many others report that they can farm 500 DB's per hour, the best I can do is MAYBE 200 on a good hour. Guess I'm just a horrible player.