Game freezes (new in 2.4)

Bug Report
Since the 2.4 patch, I've been experiencing freezes in some places. The easiest to reproduce way to freeze it is to go to act 5, then open Kanai's Cube. It will not load the images for the buttons in the cube and hovering over them causes the game to freeze with the sound still playing in the background. This started happening during the ptr some time in December. Other times it happened in the PTR was just teleporting to the next area to do a bounty, or the transition between the parts of the Diablo battle. I did not experience any issues prior to 2.4, or early in the 2.4 PTR.

I'm running an unsupported configuration (NVIDIA-358.15/Linux-3.12.13/Wine-1.8), but figured I'd post in case anyone has experienced it and figured out a way to fix it.
Hi WhiteDwarf,

We have a few bug fixes planned for a small upcoming update that is targeted at resolving a few crashes and client lock issues. Once we've released this update, you may not experience these issues any longer. I don't have an ETA for when these fixes are coming, but we are working really hard to get them out as soon as we possibly can.

Additionally, are you streaming (playing the game while the installer/update bar is in red or yellow data), by chance? The issue you are describing with the vendor UI not fully appearing can occur when streaming the game. If you are streaming, I'd suggest patching all the way up (or until the progress bar is green). That may help.
The known issues thread had not yet been updated for 2.4 when I had started writing that post. It probably is related to the "Players running Diablo III on a 32-bit operating system may experience periodic client hard locks" issue listed there. Just glad to know a fix for that is coming at some point in the (hopefully near) future.
May I ask why you use 32-bit OS still?
01/12/2016 01:46 PMPosted by Pe3eWe3e
May I ask why you use 32-bit OS still?

The game runs on a 32-bit format ...whats your point?

I also have game freezing when I click on the cube.
I'm not streaming and my downloading is done.
So you released the patch with known bugs? Sweet. I can not go more than 2 minutes with out it freezing, so I guess I get play Civ 5.
Any specific location or doing a specific task? Computer specs? WIndows specs? Microsoft released updates today -- have you ran windows updates yet then rebooted? Which video card / video driver version?

No issue running Diablo 3 with Win10Pro, 64bit..

For AMD GPUs and APUs from the Radeon HD 7xxx and later (GCN):
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1-Hotfix-Release-Notes.aspx
For AMD GPUs and APUs prior to the HD 7xxx series (Non-GCN):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1-NonGCN-Products-Release-Notes.aspx
01/12/2016 03:16 PMPosted by SilverFox
Any specific location or doing a specific task? Computer specs? WIndows specs? Microsoft released updates today -- have you ran windows updates yet then rebooted? Which video card / video driver version?

There was 6+ pages of game freezing on the PTR bug forums. A lot of us posted our hardware and GPU specs; OS info..etc. All my drivers are up to date .. etc..
This has been a known bug!!
Oh.... so this went live. I thought it was a PTR thing, where the server can't take the load... Now I don't even know if I want to open the client and download 2.40 when I get home.
By the way, the work around I find (on the PTR) would be just go to Act 2.

If you start the game in Act1, 3/4 or 5 where there are more NPC you are probably better to quit and come back in an hour where the town has rotated because even *trying* to teleport from town freezes and crashes the game.
Still freezing up on 2.4 patch play not even 10 minutes and crashes getting very annoying please fix thank you... ._.
Il y a un endroit où le système ne me permet pas d'aller: sables désolés... lorsque j'arrive à ce tableau je gèle tant en partie régulière qu'en primes.
Still freezing up, and more so if you're in act5 . Why was this reported bug allowed to go live??
Hi , I am experiencing same issue. since patch 2.4 update today - game freezes randomly. Game was fine up to today. I am also runing 32 bit Windows system which is suficient to play this game. Never had an issue like this until today. Please fix this issue as soon as you can.
*Seems to happen more when accessing menus, inventory and other player profiles.
Played 5 seconds (still in town) in V2.4, then a complete freeze ! Had to kill the D3 task
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I thought maybe it was a problem with playing the game through Wine, but it appears even Windows users are experiencing this.

Anyway, the game seems to reliably lock-up any time I access any of the services in town, such as my stash or a vendor.

Hopefully we get a fix before the next seasons starts.
The game has stopped responding twice on me now, both times during a 4 player public game. The first time was when a rift closed and got teleported back to town, it showed the Survivor's Enclave for a single frame then stopped responding. The second time, it stopped responding when starting a greater rift in Bastion's Keep. It didn't even get past the loading screen before freezing.
it seems to happen to me for certain characters and only in multiplayer games. If i play the barbarian, I can solo with no freezes, but any other character or multiplayer game freezes especially when using town portal or accessing the leaders board, etc.
01/12/2016 03:22 PMPosted by Fathead
01/12/2016 03:16 PMPosted by SilverFox

There was 6+ pages of game freezing on the PTR bug forums. A lot of us posted our hardware and GPU specs; OS info..etc. All my drivers are up to date .. etc..
This has been a known bug!!

Most players with freezing issues have an AMD video card and still using 15.7.1 catalyst. Legacy AMD video cards are no longer supported by AMD. If using legacy, 13.12 up to 14.9 catalyst should resolve freezing. If problem with Radeon Crimson, suggest revert to 15.11.1 beta catalyst (last of catalyst driver series).

Problem solving is slowed when players fail to post computer specs, windows specs, which video card / video driver version installed. Need to discover a common denominator. Most players aren't having issues. I am not having issues. Quite a few reported after updating AMD drivers or using workaround problem was solved. Some may need to clean uninstall then clean install as is suggested by both AMD and Nvidia. Suggest read AMD / Nvidia release notes -- resolved issues / known issues regarding video drivers. Have you posted to AMD / Nvidia bug report? Have you checked AMD / Nvidia forums?

For AMD GPUs and APUs from the Radeon HD 7xxx and later (GCN):
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1-Hotfix-Release-Notes.aspx
For AMD GPUs and APUs prior to the HD 7xxx series (Non-GCN):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.1-NonGCN-Products-Release-Notes.aspx