Can a LoN Wave of Light Build beat Inna build

Monk
I got some good Ancient Pieces

Like CIndercoat / Pinto's Pride / Tzo Krin's Gaze / Kyoshiro's Blade

and I have Incense Torch of the Grand temple Cubed.

Could a LoN wave of Light Build beat the current Inna Build? end game wise? Not sure which I should be building towards?

or I could go SWK Build but not sure if that beats Inna

Thanks for any advice
Straight Sunwoko does not beat Inna's. There is an Inna's Sunwoko thing that works. LoN WoL builds can go AS well as Inna's, but you do have issues with toughness. Also, if you're playing a Monk to play Ranged....perhaps go play Wizard, XD. WoL and Inna's are about even...for now. I think Inna's will pull ahead in the end, but it's early in the season.
01/23/2016 02:21 AMPosted by Nssheepster
Straight Sunwoko does not beat Inna's. There is an Inna's Sunwoko thing that works. LoN WoL builds can go AS well as Inna's, but you do have issues with toughness. Also, if you're playing a Monk to play Ranged....perhaps go play Wizard, XD. WoL and Inna's are about even...for now. I think Inna's will pull ahead in the end, but it's early in the season.

Right now im running a 2pc SWK 6pc Inna with Aquila Curiass (since Cyclone is my only spirit spender) and im still having a bit of survival issues in 4man GR 60+

Solo I can comfortably do GR 50. I was hoping that LoN WoL would provide me more toughness.

do you think I should drop Restraint and Focus for a more survival setup?
I would drop F/R and Aquila Curiass. Wear the Sunwoko chest, toss Kyoshiro's Soul, cube the Cyclone Strike Shoulders, and wear the Endless Walk set.. Also, toss Enforcer and Pain Enhancer. Gogok would be useful in your setup and Stricken is really needed for GRift pushing, especially in a setup like this. Also, remove Relentless Assault from your passives. Beacon of Ytar would make more use.

If you find yourself having issues keeping Sweeping Wind up, I advise looking at Quin69's Youtube video on how he does it. If you are having spirit issues when running Sweeping Wind and using Cyclone Strike, use Exalted Soul passive until you can get gear with Resource Cost Reduction rolls.
01/23/2016 07:53 AMPosted by Nssheepster
I would drop F/R and Aquila Curiass. Wear the Sunwoko chest, toss Kyoshiro's Soul, cube the Cyclone Strike Shoulders, and wear the Endless Walk set.. Also, toss Enforcer and Pain Enhancer. Gogok would be useful in your setup and Stricken is really needed for GRift pushing, especially in a setup like this. Also, remove Relentless Assault from your passives. Beacon of Ytar would make more use.

If you find yourself having issues keeping Sweeping Wind up, I advise looking at Quin69's Youtube video on how he does it. If you are having spirit issues when running Sweeping Wind and using Cyclone Strike, use Exalted Soul passive until you can get gear with Resource Cost Reduction rolls.

Ok thanks

So for the other ring should i use Unity or CoE ? I have both Ancient

Also wouldnt I be losing alot of Damage with those changes?
Full swk set gives 1500% to WOL
Would you get more from LON with all ancients?
Full LON beats out MKG (its called moneky kings garb dammit :P ).

MKG is a 16x multiplier.
LON is a 14x multiplier.

However...

With MKG you are likely to have 20% fire damage (going to assume max rolls throughout for ease) unless you are lucky enough to get a godly shrines.
Combining that is 1.2 x 16 = 19.2

With LON you can use a hellfire amulet which is straight forward enough to farm for a godly one, plus mage fist, plus cindercoat. This adds up to 80% fire damage.
Combining that is 1.8 x 14 = 25.2

Base figures alone that means LON is about 25% better than MKG.

With LON you loose a ring slot (you have to use RORG with MKG) but gain an amulet slot of which you are likely to use hellfire so you get another passive too.
On top of that you have empty item slots to fill as you see fit (LON buffed procs arent to be sniffed at as free extra damage) and no requirement to manage sweeping wind stacks.

That last bit deserves repeated...

NO NEED TO MANAGE SWEEPING WIND STACKS
LON is a very long grind normally. Unless you got 10/13 ancients, it's not gonna perform well. I've just scraped through to 11/13 and can barely do 60. That's a 2 week aggressive grind. I'm still using it as my main build just because I've always loved the 2x1h firebell paly style, regardless of how far it can go.
LoN sucks for GR pushing .....no need to explain...

Spirit problems any1?
When i wear a in geom and go t10. Whenever rng doesnt let me find an elite soon enough I get screwed over.....no ephiphany up no spirit no dmg

Maybe in gr60 u can kill elites within 15 sec, than its np ;)
01/23/2016 02:42 PMPosted by PaulC
Full LON beats out MKG (its called moneky kings garb dammit :P ).

MKG is a 16x multiplier.
LON is a 14x multiplier.

However...

With MKG you are likely to have 20% fire damage (going to assume max rolls throughout for ease) unless you are lucky enough to get a godly shrines.
Combining that is 1.2 x 16 = 19.2

With LON you can use a hellfire amulet which is straight forward enough to farm for a godly one, plus mage fist, plus cindercoat. This adds up to 80% fire damage.
Combining that is 1.8 x 14 = 25.2

Base figures alone that means LON is about 25% better than MKG.

With LON you loose a ring slot (you have to use RORG with MKG) but gain an amulet slot of which you are likely to use hellfire so you get another passive too.
On top of that you have empty item slots to fill as you see fit (LON buffed procs arent to be sniffed at as free extra damage) and no requirement to manage sweeping wind stacks.

That last bit deserves repeated...

NO NEED TO MANAGE SWEEPING WIND STACKS

In practice, you'll be using another ring/amulet set in place of LoN when you use Sunwuko. For example, if you use F+R, that means an additional 2.25x damage multiplier so you'll be at 16 x 2.25 = 36x (but you have to use a generator).
Spirit isn't an issue with fire bells.

Between incense torch, cindercoat, para resource reduction, and trying to get it where it makes sense on gear those bells don't cost much at all. Plus you can offset against them with spirit regen.. double air ally is essential for the spirit regen, spirit "potion" and tanking anyways.

As for ancients when it comes to drops the required ancients are:

KYOSHIRO'S BLADE
TZO KRIN'S GAZE
Cindercoat
Crudest boots
LoN rings

The other slots you can craft which makes getting an ancient trivial.

You can cube Pinto's Pride and wear crafted bracers until you get an ancient. You will also want ancient Magefists eventually but they don't impact quite as much on the build so it isnt the end of the world if you have to craft some gloves til you get them.

So you can get away with crafting 7 slots initially and depending how much fire damage you have you'll need about 10 ancients to be on par or just behind MKG meaning 3 out of the 6 listed required ancients are all thats needed to switch builds and leave your sweeping winds woes behind you while you work on the rest.

That said will Kadala give me an ancient Cindercoat.... NOPE :(
01/25/2016 12:08 AMPosted by hong
In practice, you'll be using another ring/amulet set in place of LoN when you use Sunwuko. For example, if you use F+R, that means an additional 2.25x damage multiplier so you'll be at 16 x 2.25 = 36x (but you have to use a generator).

You cant use Travelers because of Shrines, RoRG is already used for Gaze. Whilst you could use FnR in theory it is a range build so it isnt ideal. Plus getting in melee range to proc them has a good chance of dropping sweeping wind in the process.
01/24/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Contragor
LON is a very long grind normally. Unless you got 10/13 ancients, it's not gonna perform well. I've just scraped through to 11/13 and can barely do 60. That's a 2 week aggressive grind. I'm still using it as my main build just because I've always loved the 2x1h firebell paly style, regardless of how far it can go.

I got really lucky with Ancients

I have most of the relevant items Ancient including the 2 rings. I can do 13/13 atm with most of the major pieces covered for Fire WoL

01/25/2016 12:22 AMPosted by PaulC
KYOSHIRO'S BLADE
TZO KRIN'S GAZE
Cindercoat
Crudest boots
LoN rings

Isnt Torch better than Kyoshiro? I have Torch Ancient
2 weapons gives double the benefit of 1 weapon with LoN.

If that weren't the case, Torch would have been better
01/25/2016 07:37 AMPosted by Mbchan

Isnt Torch better than Kyoshiro? I have Torch Ancient

01/25/2016 09:00 AMPosted by Avermra
2 weapons gives double the benefit of 1 weapon with LoN.

If that weren't the case, Torch would have been better

I'm pretty sure torch is better due to it being a 2 hander, if you're referring to the fact that each ancient gives 100% increase in damage, thus 2 weapons is 200% vs 100% that ignores the rest of you're gear. 2 weaps is a 1300% bonus vs a 1200% bonus. That's an 8% increase not double and considering the weapon damage of using a 2 hander compared to dual wield nearly doubles bell damage torch is still better.

If you want further evidence look at the very few people on leaderboards running swk with bells and they all use torch.
that's a fair point. Thanks for correcting me. Must not have been thinking hard enough
01/24/2016 11:38 PMPosted by Bluefox
LoN sucks for GR pushing .....no need to explain...

Spirit problems any1?
When i wear a in geom and go t10. Whenever rng doesnt let me find an elite soon enough I get screwed over.....no ephiphany up no spirit no dmg

Maybe in gr60 u can kill elites within 15 sec, than its np ;)

You REALLY need to cube Torch and you'll never have any spirit problems. Even better, get a decent ancient Torch and cube Kyoshiro, Torch hits way harder.
i just reached grift 70 (seasonal) with my LoN build today

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70005-gr-70-fire-bell-lon
I guess a perfect LoN build is weaker than a mediocre Innas build if you are not a retard playing.

LoN is way easier to play, you can be semi-afk but you`ll probably cap at AROUND GRift 60. Maybe you`ll do 65 and such, but I doubt LoN can do 70+.

With a full LoN setup (no ancients) I could do 60`s, so I guess a perfect build could push 65-70 with uber runes and stuff.

Now I'm running innas generator with a few wrong stats on items and I can probably do up to 65 with some luck. 60`s are fine, which for my LoN build was not that fine, never had much time to spare at the end, even though I could finish.

Theres several variations you can do innas as well and to me its not clear which is the superior build. Hard to find reliable info or a 100% fullproof guide to reach 75+...
LoN bells can probably hit 75 with gg gear and maybe even push 80 with augments. Hitting 70 is relatively easy.

I don't see it catching Innas though.