If D3 Gets A New Expansion...What Do You Want?

General Discussion
Aside from finishing the story and some new classes, items, I'm actually sort of struggling to think what could be added.

I would like to see A2, 3 and 4 redone to be a little better lore wise and content wise. These really pale compared to A1 and 5 atmospherically.
Balanced PVP.
01/11/2016 05:31 AMPosted by pyth0n
Balanced PVP.

While some form of PvP would be interesting, I don't think it's going to happen. It would be nearly impossible to balance and that balance would likely come at the expense of PvE (as always, always happens).
Does it matter? What we want and what we get is always 180 degrees opposite.
I 'm not sure if an expansion could solve DIII's fundamental flaws like...

* lack of build diversity because sets funnel everyone into the same builds
* boring itemization because most legendaries are just extensions of 6 piece sets
* no PvP

What an expansion could do right would be a revamp of the Paragon System.
But still, I would be exited to see some ancient Greece inspired Skovos Island and some jungle and new classes.
01/11/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Starbird
It would be nearly impossible to balance and that balance would likely come at the expense of PvE (as always, always happens).

During the time PvP still was developed, they were totally separate game modes.
Skills would work differently in PvE than they would in PvP, meaning that if a skill would deal x% damage in PvE, it could eventually deal y% in PvP.
01/11/2016 05:43 AMPosted by AttilaTheHun
Does it matter? What we want and what we get is always 180 degrees opposite.

So think of what you want, reverse it, then type it out.
A viable end-game that is not called GR and that is NOT TIMED. An end-game that isn't a dumbed down version of the game with bigger numbers.

In a non-timed environment, more builds are viable. It should be more rewarding than GR as well.
I'd like to see parts of Sanctuary that we haven't seen yet. Places that never heard of the Haradrim and the Zacarum (sp?) faith.

Right now, it feels like everything important happens in an area of land the size of Europe and the Middle East.
vitality class...stack vitality to faceroll
...to go from 4 players to 6 players in group play. I want more people to play with online.
What Do You Want?

To be made by an entirely new Dev Team.
You think A2, 3 and 4 have weak lore compared to A5? Really?

I love A2 and A3, Act 5 feels like they patched together a bunch of HUGE maps with a ton of dead ends just to make it feel longer than it is. Think about it. Battlefields, Pandemonium, the stupid city streets. All of them are just long dead ends.
Let's just pretend all classes are balanced. In a perfect world this game is still very playable, just not too often because it gets boring after a bit. That being said, there's a lot of work that could be done but I honestly think the game is doomed unless there is a proper trading system introduced.

I still think D3 is a great game but trading is very much what interested players most in D2 so to take it out completely is just...too much to take for some and I don't blame them tbh.

AH was rightly removed because it shouldn't have involved real money in the first place but at least it was some kind of trading and it is no coincidence that there was a huge wave of players quitting, that is alarming and Blizzard needs to address this issue in the next expansion.
Same could be said about PvP I guess but I'm not too into that kinda stuff so that doesn't really concern me although there could be ways to make it more interesting too (PvPvE, flags vs players, class battles with same gear etc).

Of course, if one could dream...It would also be cool if we could have clan battles, in game easter egg creatures from gear combo, rune works and maybe even some proper chat system with players.

I made a wish to Father Christmas a few weeks ago, this should totally happen.
#NotAskingForMuch #FatherChristmasIsReal #BlizzardReadThisAndAgrees #TakeMyMoney
01/11/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Starbird
01/11/2016 05:31 AMPosted by pyth0n
Balanced PVP.

While some form of PvP would be interesting, I don't think it's going to happen. It would be nearly impossible to balance and that balance would likely come at the expense of PvE (as always, always happens).

Not necessarily. If they create some kind of PvP arena where the skills would act in a balanced way (like CC etc.) and the items you have would copy itself to a PvP inventory to make balanced versions of your items.

I mean like based on the items and the stats they have .. the game would calculate new PvP items for the Arena. Now these items would not have any crazy procs etc. But they would still make you feel like you achieved something for PvP while farming in PvE.

Idk that could be the only solution to this game :)

Imo they need to fix our power creep and itemization and turn down the difficulty scaling and remove X amount of difficulties.
some Path of exile mechanics could be nice...
If they wanted to do PvP they could always have implemented another game variant. In the same way that opening an Adventure mode game is different than opening a campaign mode game, the could have added a PvP mode.

Made 2 PvP only classes, balanced those 2 classes against eachother and it would have been fine. I'm not entirely in the loop on how coding works, or how games are made, but it seems like they could have done that. The truth is Blizzard doesn't REALLY listen to what people say.

When is the last time an issue was brought to their attention that they jumped on to help their players? Bots still very much a thing, build diversity still will likely be an issue in S5, though they are moving in the right direction. Hell, it took them years to finally cave in and offer us stash space and bloodshard cap increases.
What do I want?

-Paragon levels put into skills instead of gold find and other useless stats
-Better PVP
-Alternate end game besides GR
-Necromancer or druid
More skill slots for utility like one point wonders were in D2. Martial arts assassins from d2. monks are boring
Do a number crunch like in WoW's last expansion.

Address scaling issues. Sets should not be providing 20x damage multipliers. That's dumb.

Reexamine legendary design philosophy. When it was originally done it was closer to PoE, where the effects were less about raw power and more about changing mechanics for interesting interactions. Go back to that once you've fixed the scaling problems.