If D3 Gets A New Expansion...What Do You Want?

General Discussion
01/11/2016 05:31 AMPosted by pyth0n
Balanced PVP.
01/11/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Starbird
01/11/2016 05:31 AMPosted by pyth0n
Balanced PVP.

While some form of PvP would be interesting, I don't think it's going to happen. It would be nearly impossible to balance and that balance would likely come at the expense of PvE (as always, always happens).

This does not compute.

You're basically saying that the developers would be incapable of balancing the numbers.
I disagree.

I think that, if they put their most cunning mathematicians/programmers on it, they'd be able to do it easily.

It's just freaking numbers and formulas.
Fix keyboard lag with wireless Logitech keyboards that has been there since release?
Revamped paragon levels and bonus, no more full mainstat after 800

actual story for all the new area's added in adventure mode.
its nice having a new tileset but its not like there is a story behind them or why they are there

Act 6

New class

damage number crunch

some sort of new endgame content
01/11/2016 06:27 AMPosted by rated
What Do You Want?

To be made by an entirely new Dev Team.

We got that already. Not the new devs fault for how the failure Jay Wilson made the game.
2 new classes, a new act of course, new monsters, gear, balanced runewords, an overhaul of paragon making each paragon point meaningful to the class and no shared paragon. Redo how gear works period aka non of the 4:2 crap. Eh I could think of more. O and an overhaul of gems and their strength as well as what certain stats do for damage, I'm looking at you crit. We should not being doing millions of points of damage, that is way out of hand.
01/11/2016 06:11 AMPosted by clueso
01/11/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Starbird
It would be nearly impossible to balance and that balance would likely come at the expense of PvE (as always, always happens).

During the time PvP still was developed, they were totally separate game modes.
Skills would work differently in PvE than they would in PvP, meaning that if a skill would deal x% damage in PvE, it could eventually deal y% in PvP.

Exactly. If blizzard really wanted to dedicate an entire mode to just PVP they could balance it. I just don't think it'll ever happen but aside from new classes, new acts and items, pvp is probably on the top of my list.
Mephisto.

I want to see Mephisto. Diablo is the Final Boss, but Mephisto is the Antagonist. The de-facto lord of hell.
everything d2 has but most of all I mean most of all , pvp
01/11/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Aegis
Exactly. If blizzard really wanted to dedicate an entire mode to just PVP they could balance it. I just don't think it'll ever happen but aside from new classes, new acts and items, pvp is probably on the top of my list.

The problem with action rpgs is they are not really designed for serious balanced PvP. Hell even mmo's cannot get it right.
01/11/2016 08:24 AMPosted by Tiger

D3 will never be D2.

Same game with better skins would be incredibly boring since it's something we've already played.
01/11/2016 08:26 AMPosted by Suedomsa
01/11/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Aegis

The problem with action rpgs is they are not really designed for serious balanced PvP. Hell even mmo's cannot get it right.

WoW is getting it right with the next expac I think. Gear no longer matters, will solely be based on skill now. People in full conquest will no longer dominate PvP battlegrounds so people can't use that as an excuse anymore.
01/11/2016 08:14 AMPosted by BotFen
Mephisto.

I want to see Mephisto. Diablo is the Final Boss, but Mephisto is the Antagonist. The de-facto lord of hell.

He is truly awesome, he corrupted an entire order just by his presence being there.
01/11/2016 08:27 AMPosted by Killance
01/11/2016 08:24 AMPosted by Tiger

D3 will never be D2.

Same game with better skins would be incredibly boring since it's something we've already played.

no I know d3 is in much more of a !@#$hole d2 is/was
01/11/2016 08:28 AMPosted by Killance
01/11/2016 08:26 AMPosted by Suedomsa

WoW is getting it right with the next expac I think. Gear no longer matters, will solely be based on skill now. People in full conquest will no longer dominate PvP battlegrounds so people can't use that as an excuse anymore.

Yea with WoW the new system may work out, we shall see but as I said balanced meaningful PvP in action rpgs is unheard of as far as I know.
01/11/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Tiger
01/11/2016 08:27 AMPosted by Killance

D3 will never be D2.

New devs are trying, not easy to fix the crap game Jay Wilson made.
I would like to see some Epic boss battle chain-quests where boss armor/weapon skins are the rewards. Real general outline here but.....maybe a chain of quests that take place over 2-3 acts leading to a boss battle say for like Diablo (you remember him right? the boss that was the best xp farm in vanilla. Upon completing the quests and then killing the boss, you have a chance for an armor/weapon skin to drop. 6 skins for armor and 1hand/2hand skins for weapon. Complete set would give maybe an aura or add some effect to skills(all cosmetic). Oh and yes you have to be on a character that has completed story-mode to even get the quests.

All in all, i want something else added to end-game other than GR,GR,GR,GR....(you get it.)
6 players in lobby. Number crunch. PvP even though I won't play it too much.

And all the usual stuff.
trading
01/11/2016 08:31 AMPosted by Killance
01/11/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Tiger

New devs are trying, not easy to fix the crap game Jay Wilson made.

that guy should have neer have touched diablo 3, but create bear island 1