Blizzard Bring Back Trade System

General Discussion
What exactly can't you get with a bit of work, some mats and Kanai's cube?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You want a specific legendary/set item?
Craft 10-20 rares
Cube.Cube.Cube. Got it!
Not a perfectly rolled ancient. Maybe re-roll, maybe use up the rare belts. Hmmm?
Cube.Cube.Cube-some-more....

Seriously.

For anyone that plays softcore (aka normal) mode, the only way you're going to "lose" something is if you accidentally salvage it. There is no item sink.

For anyone that plays hardcore mode, people die all the time and lose all the perfect stuff, and sometimes they also accidentally salvage it. Even so, they still have an excess of gold and mats and getting more of each is not that difficult.

In case you forgot, this is a fairly established game and the majority of players have been playing a while already. An established player really doesn't need to trade. Who are you going to trade with? Lazy people? Newbies? How many of each do you know?

The economics of supply and demand does not favor the supplier. All those perfect items aren't worth squat. What do you do? That's right!

YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ECONOMY!!!

Dozens and dozens of guys who formally wanted trading now complain no one wants their stuff. That will make the forum fun.

How does Blizzard balance this??? Some way they did when we had the AH. NERF THE HELL OUT OF DROP RATES.

Yes. Let's bring the pay2win players, increase the botting problem, nerf the hell out of drop rates of everything, just so guys like you can complain about the economy again.

FABULOUS
This is so true. There is so much wrong with this game. Its unreal how they just brush it off like its nothing. They really think they are bettering the game with these updates.

This game is just grinding luck in greater rifts and grinding mats for perfect re rolls on items?

can't trade with anyone....
can't really do PVP...
The game is lonely... nobody is in Act 1 hardcore...
nobody plays campaign...

lonely game....
pure luck.... grind grind grind grind for mats and rifts.....

BORING!
YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ECONOMY!!!

Dozens and dozens of guys who formally wanted trading now complain no one wants their stuff. That will make the forum fun.

How does Blizzard balance this??? Some way they did when we had the AH. NERF THE HELL OUT OF DROP RATES.

Yes. Let's bring the pay2win players, increase the botting problem, nerf the hell out of drop rates of everything, just so guys like you can complain about the economy again.

FABULOUS
4 minutes ago
+1
REPLY QUOTE

How is it going to increase the bot problem, if bots don't benefit from it, if you are trading between players. The drop rate is high now, but it's boring freaking game just constantly run rift same thing over and over again, can't do it for more then half an hour. Yes you can cube everything out, maybe that is a problem, why the hell i want to stay in town and watch re-rolls, at that rate I can just download freaking slot game on my phone if i want to kill my time. I want team fun, communication, trades, clans, clan wars, duels and etc. Is it so freaking hard to implement it, when you already have a freaking base which is D2!!!!????
You solo players are destoying the game because you dont know how to talk to people.

Isnt enough that bots will get 150bil+ an hour. In 2.4.
Even with the ability to trade you will find that your self very poor. Because you simply dont play enough.

The items in this game are so easy to obtain and very so little variation that you would have to have perfect items in order to trade them.

I do agree that there needs to be better social interaction. What keeps people playing long is the interaction sharing there loot and interesting finds.
This is so true. There is so much wrong with this game. Its unreal how they just brush it off like its nothing. They really think they are bettering the game with these updates.

This game is just grinding luck in greater rifts and grinding mats for perfect re rolls on items?

can't trade with anyone....
can't really do PVP...
The game is lonely... nobody is in Act 1 hardcore...
nobody plays campaign...

lonely game....
pure luck.... grind grind grind grind for mats and rifts.....

BORING!

HIGHLY AGREED WITH YOU!!!
01/01/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Angel
The items in this game are so easy to obtain and very so little variation that you would have to have perfect items in order to trade them.

That is exactly what i am trying to deliver, its freaking easy, its boring, its not fun, in what other words would you me to express my self, bots do they bother? not really? do they make my gaming experience any better? I don't think! I just want competitive game and fun, where you can log in and stay on for at least few hours!!! not 15 minutes
Bored? Go play something else. Maybe D2. No one forces you to keep playing D3.

Trading didn't work in D3 the first time around. AH or No AH. The AH made trading more efficient and exposed the flaws of having trading faster. All of it was removed not on a whim, but because the game was better off without it and frankly the majority of players rejoiced.

Going back to trading now isn't going to make the original problems disappear. But it will require Blizz to divert resources from creating new content and fixing core gaming issues to doing support to handle the influx of players complaining about getting scammed on their trades. That's not a trade off I want to happen.

And anyone who says, "they had X in D2 why can't they implement X in D3?" Is just ignorant. Have you seen the code? No? You can't even tell me what language it was written in let alone that the public functions, methods, messages and overall architecture are even remotely compatible on any level in D3. It would be like taking an engine from a 1980 Ford Pinto and trying to drop it into a hybrid 2016 Ford Fusion. Not going to work.
@EmmetOtter
The item System didn´t work in D3V, not Trading.
I can always mule items beetween my two accounts in D3V.
Work perfektly.

Disable Boa, is much work for the Devs.
But I want to trade!
Why does everybody down vote every single post? The OP says trading which it is and if you think otherwise post a reason rather than just downing voting... people are so god damned toxic and dumb AF on these forums.

Trading would make this game 1000 Times more fun and interactive.
12/30/2015 12:40 PMPosted by MyCC
I completely disagree.

I think Bind to Account is the most glorious thing that has happened to Diablo.

I play Diablo because I love kicking the hell out of demons and finding gear. This Account Bound feature supports this wholeheartedly.

Then, when I look at my characters and look at the sweet gear I think to myself: sick man, I found all this crap myself.

As was mentioned also: it's easy enough to get gear in the game. No need for trading.
Unfortunately, open trading opens up a huge can of worms in addition to creating a support cost for Blizzard. I also remember the forums being filled with threads related to trading gone wrong.
It won't be coming back.
12/30/2015 01:07 PMPosted by MicroRNA
I am not sure if trading is good or bad for the game; however, if trading existed, what prevents you from not trading and thinking "look at the sweet gear I think to myself: sick man, I found all this crap myself."

Nothing. But what prevents someone from creating a website to market and sell items in game for rm. Nothing. What's to prevent someone from then wanting to compromise your account to trade off your hard farmed items for rm in their pockets? Nothing. AH and trading were removed for glaringly obvious reasons.

12/30/2015 01:07 PMPosted by MicroRNA
I still have not found all the in game items that are "cubeable." Today, I finally got my last crusader shield for the cube.

It's not supposed to be easy.
These trade threads are a waste of time and space. Trade is not changing and BoA is here to stay.
Blizzard has stated this several times.

Want to trade with your friends play with them and you can. There is trade in the game.
Trading will never work in Diablo III because the clueless developers made decisions BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED that makes trading not work.

Think about it. What did these designers create when they made Diablo III?

They made a game where leveling up is 100% useless and static. They made a game where ALL YOUR POWER COMES FROM GEAR.

Then they later realized that having a useless and static leveling system was a mistake and tried to fix it by slapping in the Paragon system. (Which is why botting is so popular since it's the only way for people to gain power without needing to beat the RNG.)

However, gear still dictates 99.9% of your power and it always will. In a game where all your power is derived from gear, trading introduces shortcuts to becoming the most powerful player even if you have no time invested in the game at all.

This is why trade doesn't work in Diablo III. Trade works perfectly fine in real ARPG's because in a real ARPG there are usually various requirements for whether a person can or can not equip something. Also, the player receives a large portion of their power through the leveling system and stat system inherent to the game. Generally, there isn't a focus on account-wide leveling to outgear an infinitely scaling system, as that would just make it completely impossible to balance the game.

Simply put, Diablo III isn't really an ARPG anymore, its just an Arcade Adventure game. And because it lacks the basic features of classic ARPG's it simply can't support trading because that's how Blizzard designed the game.
01/01/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Taiga
Trading will never work in Diablo III because the clueless developers made decisions BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED that makes trading not work.

Think about it. What did these designers create when they made Diablo III?

They made a game where leveling up is 100% useless and static. They made a game where ALL YOUR POWER COMES FROM GEAR.

Then they later realized that having a useless and static leveling system was a mistake and tried to fix it by slapping in the Paragon system. (Which is why botting is so popular since it's the only way for people to gain power without needing to beat the RNG.)

However, gear still dictates 99.9% of your power and it always will. In a game where all your power is derived from gear, trading introduces shortcuts to becoming the most powerful player even if you have no time invested in the game at all.

This is why trade doesn't work in Diablo III. Trade works perfectly fine in real ARPG's because in a real ARPG there are usually various requirements for whether a person can or can not equip something. Also, the player receives a large portion of their power through the leveling system and stat system inherent to the game. Generally, there isn't a focus on account-wide leveling to outgear an infinitely scaling system, as that would just make it completely impossible to balance the game.

Simply put, Diablo III isn't really an ARPG anymore, its just an Arcade Adventure game. And because it lacks the basic features of classic ARPG's it simply can't support trading because that's how Blizzard designed the game.

You're right. And it's absolutely amazing. It's a tremendous game and functions as was intended.
with or without trade at this point, this game is totally screwed!!! 3years i have left this game and thanks GOD i 'm so happy not playing it, but the D3 forum is a hell to funny to quit. lol gg blizzard keep up the good work with ur abortion game ;)
@Taiga

You mean botting?

Who want to spend the money to buy the items, if he know, the next patch the items are useless?

Edit
In D3/Ros, you have the chance to found the best items, in 3DV, you have no change to found it, you must buy the items.
Bring back trade, but only RMAH. Trading for anything but real money is a waste of time and effort.