New oculus ring

Wizard
I feel like this one is overlooked. With it being procced 100% of our kills, shouldn't the uptime be very high? And considering that it's a separate multiplier, +80% is a lot.

I know ring slots are valueable, but can't it be a contender with rings like CoE?
Not worth it. The buffed area has a random location, and it's not practical.
Its not completely random. Its based on where the first enemy you killed died while no other oculus area is up.
Powerful buff even right now if you can manage the positioning, but most of the time, the dead enemy might be somewhere in the middle the the horde and not directly accessible, unless you use mainly short range skills
If you could have at least 3 active pools at once people would consider it for solo at least. In groups you could try to fit it but right now it's just not worth the hassle.
I can see that ring being used for an Impale DH, with its powerful single-target damage.

For a wiz, it could be used for an obliteration DMO wiz, but CoE is probably far better than Oculus. Maybe drop Halo in a group setting where another wiz can chain-CC the mobs, but you still lose the 60% melee reduction. Who knows.
just put it on your follower, from time to time the ring pops up and i tp into it and do big deeps, but it's a very rare occurrence.
01/01/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Tarken
I can see that ring being used for an Impale DH, with its powerful single-target damage.

It's good on a hammer sader too because they are mostly still (and the ones wearing hexing pants will be still after they change that to the new hammer jammers) and enemies tend to die right next to you because of the shield bonus to first three targets hit.