Wyatt Cheng, thank you for posting.

General Discussion
I completely disagree with your recent post, but I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on a Diablo 3 issue.

These forums have many, many more issues that I think many would agree deserve some Blizzard attention. I know that it's impossible to post in all of them (or even a lot of them), but I don't think it's asking too much for some of the more critical issues to be responded to.

Consider it a community buff. Increase the chance of Blizzard posts on the forums. Give us some more insight into your thinking. It could be a great learning experience for all and could really improve Diablo 3.
01/27/2016 05:05 PMPosted by ercan
I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on a Diablo 3 issue.

As do I. It's a shame so many people took it as an opportunity to more or less yell at the guy. He gave an answer to the question. Given how people responded to it, no wonder Blues don't post around here anymore.
01/27/2016 05:09 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on a Diablo 3 issue.

As do I. It's a shame so many people took it as an opportunity to more or less yell at the guy. He gave an answer to the question. Given how people responded to it, no wonder Blues don't post around here anymore.

I was one of those who yelled and I do appreciate they said something in these forums. Although it is not good enough to just "say something".....people have legitimate concerns which REQUIRE to be addressed so that all have better experience ....including you! YOU WILL YELL WHEN YOU ARE IGNORED......do you realize that ? Specially when there is something involved which you are so passionate about so I am not gonna apologize for being ignored and not communicated efficiently.
01/27/2016 05:14 PMPosted by BloodGod
I was one of those who yelled and I do appreciate they said something in these forums. Although it is not good enough to just "say something".....people have legitimate concerns which REQUIRE to be addressed so that all have better experience ....including you! YOU WILL YELL WHEN YOU ARE IGNORED......do you realize that ? Specially when there is something involved which you are so passionate about so I am not gonna apologize for being ignored and not communicated efficiently.

That's your prerogative. However, I've never found yelling to be an effective tool when it comes to communicating.
01/27/2016 05:25 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
01/27/2016 05:14 PMPosted by BloodGod

That's your prerogative. However, I've never found yelling to be an effective tool when it comes to communicating.

OK, show us how to communicate effectively please....I bet a lot of people would love to know.
I appreciate Wyatt taking his time to reply. What myself, and I assume more people, didn't appreciate was how it was handled.

To say the community shouldn't have a buff because people would feel bad if they didn't play, so it's better for everyone to go without, is a cop-out. Especially when a lot of their other IPs have community buffs all the time. It encourages more people to play. period.

Blizzard is a big and busy company and rolling out changes and creating community events costs money, which they are not going to spend. In all likelihood Wyatt and his team have zero say over this. This is also likely why some of the bugs found and discussed this season will not be patched this season.

Without blue posts being straight up with the community you leave everyone in speculation (like I just did above) because they have nothing else to go on why obvious issues and morale boosting requests are ignored, but at some point that has to be better than bold faced lying to them.
01/27/2016 05:32 PMPosted by BloodGod
<span class="truncated">...</span>

OK, show us how to communicate effectively please....I bet a lot of people would love to know.

Step one is to stop using all caps, exclamation points, "..." (forget what that's called), and snarky rhetorical questions. Instead, post like this:

01/27/2016 05:36 PMPosted by CobraCommand
I appreciate Wyatt taking his time to reply. What myself, and I assume more people, didn't appreciate was how it was handled.

To say the community shouldn't have a buff because people would feel bad if they didn't play, so it's better for everyone to go without, is a cop-out. Especially when a lot of their other IPs have community buffs all the time. It encourages more people to play. period.

Blizzard is a big and busy company and rolling out changes and creating community events costs money, which they are not going to spend. In all likelihood Wyatt and his team have zero say over this. This is also likely why some of the bugs found and discussed this season will not be patched this season.

Without blue posts being straight up with the community you leave everyone in speculation (like I just did above) because they have nothing else to go on why obvious issues and morale boosting requests are ignored, but at some point that has to be better than bold faced lying to them.

Clear, concise thoughts with reasonable explanation. Nothing rude or condescending.
Its a start and they should be encouraged to continue although they will get some unsavory comments initially, because of the almost non-existent presence in the forums in the past. Social media should be a secondary outlet for the devs to reveal thoughts and comments on future plans for the game or existing game meta. This is after all the "official" D3 "forum".
when people have to create a thread were they thank the developer that they wrote 5 sentences within after like over 1 year of no communication in th e forums . well, thats pretty bad

and just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't read the more hot topics. I wouldn't post if I were them either, you'll just be flamed or fanned, what's the point unless it's to seriously put out a fire.

it's always good to hear from THE DECIDERS IN CHIEF tho fosho

while I don't agree w/all their decisions, I don't blame em for not posting everyday, or even every week perse'

but it would be cool if 1 or 2 weeks a few of them (whether they be devs, artist, numbercrunchers, whatev) were like "this week I thought about this, worked on that, ran into problems w/that, will keep thinking on it" and make it a post that no one can reply to or thumbs down or up, just info. would be fun. maybe manipulated or exploited info could get out tho so it's best to be quiet about "what's under the hood" as they say in the number thread.
Thanks for the bi-monthly post saying what we can't have this time blue.
Botting still Ok though.
Got it.
We should be allowed to downvote a blue post. THAT blue post deserves to be buried 500ft down into the Burning Hells.
while i also disagree with WC, i definitely support the sentiment of the OP
I think D3 team does very good job in creating this game and updating this game but there are some decision makers who are very very bad at, making decisions. One person is Jay Wilson but he's gone so that's been taken care of. Another one is WC. I think he's made so many bad decisions for this game. Nobody is perfect so that's whatever but he has this distance that he maintains between himself and the players. When you see him on conventions and stuff he seems nice and all but he never really listens to players imo.

Patch 2.5 should be DLC...with subscription-only forum. Devs can then post freely again
God this is embarrassing.

"Oh thank you blessed holy man. For thou has left yee mountain top and lowered yourself to converse with the peasants.

A thousand humbled apologies for the lukewarm reception."

There are a huge amount of high quality devs who talk with their player base regularly. Only on Blizz forums will you see something this cringe worthy.
What in the burning hells was there to thank about? Of all the threads on this board THAT particular one got a post from Wyatt?

As it stands there are 3 broken class sets/builds (Carnevil, Firebird, Inna), with the Firebird set even being the set that you get from Haedrig in season. Only Carnevil has been acknowledged, but afaik still hasn't been fixed. That's 3 threads right there in the bug forum which would qualify far more for a dev post then the one Wyatt posted in.

Sheesh, talk about wrong priorities.
If D3 was Flint, Michigan then Wyatt's post is like the only comment by the state on the crisis being about why they aren't going to provide the more popular ergonomic water bottles.

Eh, they're not VIP members or forum modulators.
They are actual paid employees of Blizzard and the sole window we have to communicate with the community.

They need to be way more responsive and active, regardless of whether it "sucks to read negative replies" or not.
I completely disagree with your recent post, but I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on a Diablo 3 issue.

These forums have many, many more issues that I think many would agree deserve some Blizzard attention. I know that it's impossible to post in all of them (or even a lot of them), but I don't think it's asking too much for some of the more critical issues to be responded to.

Consider it a community buff. Increase the chance of Blizzard posts on the forums. Give us some more insight into your thinking. It could be a great learning experience for all and could really improve Diablo 3.

Absolutely. While I also don't agree with the reasoning for the community buff removal, knowing what is up is better than a wall of silence.

The next step would be to add a bit more insight to what fun thing or idea might be coming down the road to replace the fun community event that was cut out.....