Not a guide, do not post here.

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 20 Next
01/21/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Conquistador
Except my EQ gloves, they are truly awesome. Truly and seriously.

They are so good it's not fair to the rest of you guys.

Profile here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Conquistador-6134/hero/55317915

I know...1000 Strength AND Phys Res? I hate you!!!
Sorry for derailing the thread. Seems like I still care about certain D3-related things too much. Somebody axe me, please.

Having been the resident number cruncher and staunch barbarian for the better part of 2 years and more..please derail threads more :-).
Something that might be worth mentioning in a LeapQuake guide.

You can jump over walls unless there is a magical door in the wall that you need to open or break as it blocks the whole wall from being leapt over.
Hi guys i have a question regarding the MOTE set and greater rifting

Still fairly new to the barbs class as i played wizard for a long time and started with demon hunter ages back.

Issue is i had trouble with survivability from around GR 60 onwards using the F&R set. So i switched to the Endless walk set and i noticed that the damage reduction of 50% was very material.

Admittedly could be a learn to play issue with positioning...

However, i also noted a big drop off in DPS and the F&R proc was not being made anymore. Nevertheless managed to complete a GR 65 essentially by face tanking most monsters and elite affixes.

Is there a way to utilise the Endless Walk set to push for GR 70's and above or is the lack of F&R proc too much of a damage drop to be viable?

I am thinking that with an ancient EQ weapon, i could reach high 60s but also thinking a GR cap due to the lower overall damage.

Any thoughts and tips? Me profile is on the US server.
Not sure how old your profile is, but you are missing 2000 Vitality from Helm and Gloves. Especially on Gloves, reroll the Area Damage to Vitality and then farm another ancient helm with Vitality.

Focus and Restraint with cubed Band of Might and Esoteric Alteration should have no survivability issues in GR60-70 even at paragon 700-800. If you still have issues, switch to Diamonds in Pants and/or Chest.

With Endless Walk you basically always gain the damage reduction bonus because you´re constantly Leaping = moving. EW is not that good for LeapQuakeToss as you´re losing too much damage, it´s much better with Slam variants where you don´t triple Leap.

Try Bloodthirst over Relentless, it should provide you with much needed healing. In solo games, pick Templar´s healing skills. Also, put 50 paragon points into Max Fury so that Toss has an easier time resetting your Leap. Maybe you get stuck between mobs while it´s still on cooldown and that is when it hurts the most. Last but not least, farm Skular´s Salvation bracers, they boost Toss damage and they should help you clear faster.
Thanks Nubtro

Will make some changes to gear and see what happens - i also think its a learn to play issue as well

Once changes are made (and gear farmed) will report back

Cheers
Much preferring MOTE over Raekors. Just not a fan of unreliable, glassy, fishing-like builds, especially ones that give me a headache.

Finding a balance between your maximum fury and CDR is definitely the key here. I switched 15% EQ dmg to 8% CDR on shoulders and climbed to GR78 overnight. Leaping and shouting just that little bit more and reducing neutral ground time makes a huge difference. Still a lot of wiggle room for improving gear, so should be hitting up GR80 in the near future.

I would recommend trying out other passives over Nerves of Steel. Unless you get really unlucky with a Rift Guardian, tactically avoiding most rift damage is very feasible when you are jumping over it. Also, 1.6+ billion toughness is nothing to scoff at.
Well, as recommended switched back to F&R, dropped the Endless walk set and cubed Band of Might.

Noticeably better in terms of DPS and clear times - managed to clear a 67 with a few minutes on the timer.

Tankiness was more than sufficient and i think its a DPS and improving play style issue now.

Farming endlessly for better gear here i go

Cheers
:)
01/22/2016 05:20 AMPosted by Tinman
Much preferring MOTE over Raekors. Just not a fan of unreliable, glassy, fishing-like builds, especially ones that give me a headache.

Finding a balance between your maximum fury and CDR is definitely the key here. I switched 15% EQ dmg to 8% CDR on shoulders and climbed to GR78 overnight. Leaping and shouting just that little bit more and reducing neutral ground time makes a huge difference. Still a lot of wiggle room for improving gear, so should be hitting up GR80 in the near future.

I would recommend trying out other passives over Nerves of Steel. Unless you get really unlucky with a Rift Guardian, tactically avoiding most rift damage is very feasible when you are jumping over it. Also, 1.6+ billion toughness is nothing to scoff at.

Very nice, that's a nice clear! I agree there's a sweet spot with fury/CDR and a bit of CDR goes a long way with this build.

NoS is our most valuable passive in HC, but I'm thinking now that WOTB is possibly a better option then bloodshed(AD not working 100%) making a HF ammy with boon on it or any of the top 4. Going with atleast 40% CDR so downtime isn't so bad.

I also like Samir's suggestion of slotting fire Avalanche. King and I were ripping up some 2mans while I went fire and he went physical pull.

We'll see how it plays out, have to do some more pushing and testing, plus we are still very low paragon so haven't nearly pushed as far as we can go.
Ive been messing around with pound of flesh and really like it. Since I'm using grim harvest anyways it's a source of just constant healing.

If the Regen from pound of flesh works with the shield from gizzard (which I don't think it does but I haven't tested) gizzard would probably outperform esoteric.

Also having LPFS on wpn seems to be pretty big, as with SOE you can't roll LPFS and if u have on wpn it frees up ever needing to use bloodthirst. The trade off is probably the 10% dmg. So 10% dmg vs a passive.

Edited guide to be updated based on what we've discussed in comments so far.
01/22/2016 01:04 PMPosted by kingdo
Ive been messing around with pound of flesh and really like it. Since I'm using grim harvest anyways it's a source of just constant healing.

If the Regen from pound of flesh works with the shield from gizzard (which I don't think it does but I haven't tested) gizzard would probably outperform esoteric.

Also having LPFS on wpn seems to be pretty big, as with SOE you can't roll LPFS and if u have on wpn it frees up ever needing to use bloodthirst. The trade off is probably the 10% dmg. So 10% dmg vs a passive.

Edited guide to be updated based on what we've discussed in comments so far.

Been experimenting with LPFS vs 10% dmg on weapon, they are both so good its really hard to decide. Ultimately I'm finding I like the damage more, it's too great an increase to give up. I actually switched out Animosity for Bloodthirst to get the LPFS back, as now that my belt and weapon both have +max fury on them I don't need animosity to keep my rotation crisp.

I've also tried LPFS and +10% dmg together while dropping Vit on weapon. As long as all your other Vit rolls are solid it also feels pretty good. Just a bit more vulnerable to the 1 shot mechanics when you hit 75+ GR.
01/22/2016 01:43 PMPosted by jrelthewise
Been experimenting with LPFS vs 10% dmg on weapon, they are both so good its really hard to decide. Ultimately I'm finding I like the damage more, it's too great an increase to give up. I actually switched out Animosity for Bloodthirst to get the LPFS back, as now that my belt and weapon both have +max fury on them I don't need animosity to keep my rotation crisp.

I've also tried LPFS and +10% dmg together while dropping Vit on weapon. As long as all your other Vit rolls are solid it also feels pretty good. Just a bit more vulnerable to the 1 shot mechanics when you hit 75+ GR.

I agree that Damage on weapon is hard to pass up. It's just too powerful.

I like the idea of mixing in some LPFS. As with kingdo, I've had really good results using Gizzard as my defensive gem for EQ builds. I've yet to try it this patch (dabbling in seasons for now), but if you get a chance to try it, let us know what you think.

Have fun.
kingdo can you please add 33%-35% CDR as the sweet spot? A few people have suggested this and Nubtro math'd it out for us.

In my brief experience, it makes the build very smooth. I think people will become frustrated with less.

I'd also take CDR on my weapon dead last and get it anywhere else. The rolls on 2HD are too strong to give up.

==================================

This build needs a name.

This build has more Earth going on that anything else.
Earthquake is a Rage skill.
It burns more fury than anything.

I've had lots of ideas, but nothing quite sticks.

It needs be epic. Powerful. Unstoppable.

Brainstorming -

Earth Rage
Rage of the Earth
Leap Fury
Skull Stomp
TY for the suggestion Tao I will.

as far as names go, Earthen Rage has a good ring to it.

I have done some testing and might have found a solution to our defense problem.

Pound of Flesh health regen scales with overall toughness.

And after testing with Gizzard gem I found out the regen from pound of flesh DOES count towards the gizzard gem shields. I was getting shields in the couple hundred thousands as well as having massive life sustain.

I didn't need bloodthirst, OR LPFS on wpn OR BElT. All I needed was 1 passive, 1 epic gem.

So essentially you get static regen from Gizzard gem, than you get % scaling regen based off your overall health, than you ALSO get shields based off of both (dependant on how many health globes you've picked up when shield comes online.)
01/22/2016 04:04 PMPosted by kingdo
Earthen Rage

Awesome!

I have done some testing and might have found a solution to our defense problem.

Pound of Flesh health regen scales with overall toughness.

And after testing with Gizzard gem I found out the regen from pound of flesh DOES count towards the gizzard gem shields. I was getting shields in the couple hundred thousands as well as having massive life sustain.

I didn't need bloodthirst, OR LPFS on wpn OR BElT. All I needed was 1 passive, 1 epic gem.

So essentially you get static regen from Gizzard gem, than you get % scaling regen based off your overall health, than you ALSO get shields based off of both (dependant on how many health globes you've picked up when shield comes online.)

Wow, great with Grim Harvest.
Are you using stricken King? Are your tests with only gizzard and no ESO or both? LPFS on belt helps a lot although you may be on to something with pound of flesh/gizzard synergy.

Weapon is optional depending on paragon and rolls. If you've got fury as a secondary on blade/belt you could essentially eliminate animosity and use bloodthirst or something else and get 10% on weapon, but I just can't lose it as of yet(in HC).

I still think ESO and stricken are too good to pass up, and obviously BOTT. So our other option is stack phys(gear ) which I suggest puttting in the guide as an endgame option as well.
Cleared 78 with LQ tonight (doesnt show because my Raekor clear is higher)

My substitutions:

Skulars's bracer---> APD
Band of Might ---> COE
Ancient Spear on helm ---> Vit
Bloodshed ---> Into the Fray
Falter ---> Grim Harvest

CDR used: 37.33%

RG: Eskandiel (adds!)

Yep, borrowed a page from Raekor and fished for density

Got ticks of over 100b on RG with COE on physical. =D

Just checked Kingdo's skills and I see WOTB. Hrm. That would be A LOT better on the RG than Into the Fray...But im not convinced WOTB is that great for EQ. Movement speed and attack speed dont do as much here as Raekor, less CDR is used than R6 (or IK6 where fury spend = CDR basically). Essentially though we are basically just using different set-ups to get to the same concept... burst damage (EQ's big weakness).
01/22/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Samir
Just checked Kingdo's skills and I see WOTB. Hrm. That would be A LOT better on the RG than Into the Fray...

Yeup and it's also almost as good through out the rift as well as super combo's with Cooldown shrine.

Grim harvest is supposed to be the default shout, I chose it wrong when I made this guide. Falter does !@#$ing nothing.

Love the APD innovation. Essentially your APD>Band of might swap is trading different mitigators for different buffers. COE Buffs ALL dmg, where as Skulars only buffs 1 type. Brilliant innovation man. gonna test this out. How do you get 37.33% CDR?

Out of curiosity, what lvl gr were you doing? I feel like you'd be doing a lot higher than I would (or maybe not?), but my (limited) testing with this, it worked well while clearing the rift, but I was definitely wishing i had esoteric on the RG - when they're not summoning adds, globes are nowhere to be found (even with grim harvest), and the healing from gizzard just didn't match esoteric.
Samir testing and pushing EQ?

Just when I thought this patch couldn't get any better.