When will 2.4 be release?

General Discussion
Im assuming before s5?
Possibly not. It's still being tested in PTR, no announcement has been made about the ETA, and S5 starts pretty soon.

If it will be before S5 it will be announced only a few days before it goes live.
01/02/2016 05:52 AMPosted by xLostsoulsx
Im assuming before s5?

Yes. They have said that they will not do major patches during a season again. I would be pretty darn shocked if they changed that.

Normally they patch on Maintenance Tuesdays so Tues Jan 5th or Tues Jan 12th are the best guesses. So far nothing is announced though.
No body knows it, but the PTR must be close anyway. so as soon PTR is off, 2.4 will be realise!!! my best guest will be the 13th jan 2016
01/02/2016 07:02 AMPosted by darkenergy0
No body knows it, but the PTR must be close anyway. so as soon PTR is off, 2.4 will be realise!!! my best guest will be the 13th jan 2016

u may be right sir!
01/02/2016 06:52 AMPosted by Khalkaroth
Possibly not. It's still being tested in PTR, no announcement has been made about the ETA, and S5 starts pretty soon.

If it will be before S5 it will be announced only a few days before it goes live.

It has to be released before season 5, as every season is also based on a new patch.

They also gave notice during the end of season 4 announcement that patch 2.4 is coming soon. Henceforth, they already gave their announcement, and can honestly patch it live when they feel fit.

More than likely the 5th, but if some issues are unforeseen, it may be the 12th. 5th falls more in line with their requests, as they are hoping that players test out 2.4 in non-season to find any exploits that may have slipped the cracks, as to adhere to a more formal season, exploit free.
im gonna do of boredness if its 13th ..... pls let it be the 5th
Hopefully the 5th, so it has time to be real-world tested before the season starts.
If they fixed the lag let them release it on 13th by than, if not the patch is useless either way.

You enjoy gr 65+ lag ?
Hoping for the 5th, but it will most likely be the 12th.

Blizzard employees get back from their vacation on the 4th, and it seems like it would be too much for them to do to try and get 2.4 live the next day.
I'm so hyped I feel like this patch is not going to be released ever. Too much waiting.
If the announcement was post that it will soon be live then it's just paperwork and maintainence before the patch goes live. We just have to wait for the next two Tuesday to see which one is it. :)
I thought the reason for this longer wait time was so that we can have a chance to get used to our new patch.. I mean that was what the impression I was getting on my post about why the difference between last patch and this.. so if they wait until the 12th, that kinda defeats the purpose of the longer wait.. unless their plan all along was to piss with us and do whatever they want anyways.. :)