Caldessan's Despair, Has anyone else had this happen

General Discussion
Look at the pants after using the new cube receipe.
http://imgur.com/ksk2YzN

And no, I did not cube this with a Demon Hunter or Monk.

My Barb used the new Caldessan's Despair and now has a
main stat upgrade of Dexterity.

The only think I can think of is that I used an old gem the possibly was leveled up by my Demon Hunter?

But really, a good ancient IK set pants ruined.
I even tried to upgrade them again and just got more Dexterity.
Try using a Ruby if you want strength!
Use a Ruby, you knob.
The stat you get is based on the (non-legendary) gem type consumed. You used emeralds instead of rubies.
You used emeralds in the recipe. You get the stat associated with the flawless gems you use. So ruby=strength, emerald=DEX and topaz=int
"More main stat...hahahahaha...how unimaginative..." - Z. Kulle
lol wow... How are these concepts so hard to grasp for some?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube
Explains everything. But I guess people just want to assume they know how things work.
01/13/2016 10:59 AMPosted by SirTerror
ruined

You know you can put str on the same item instead by using the recipe again?
01/13/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Joemama

For me it was an assumption based off the "smart loot" system.

I assumed any gem would give str because I was on my crusader. Just as the upgrade rare recipe gives a crusader item if im on my crusader.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Live and learn.
Thanks all, that's the answer this knob needed.
Yeah, you can fix it. You're out the legendary gem you used, but this is a mistake you can recover from :)
BAHAHAHAHAHA oh this is too funny!!!
01/13/2016 01:38 PMPosted by GeminiEclips

For me it was an assumption based off the "smart loot" system.

I assumed any gem would give str because I was on my crusader. Just as the upgrade rare recipe gives a crusader item if im on my crusader.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Live and learn.

Obviously not. When you take a moment to think on it, Rubies giving strength is really the only thing that makes any remote sense as... Well when you're a barb or a sader, you're never gonna use topazes or emeralds to socket anything that isn't a weapon.

Plus... Emeralds would give Strength? Really man? Just look at the stats Emeralds give.

If you mixed vodka and orange juice, would it be sensible to think you'd get a chocolate milkshake? I'm genuinely curious, because it's literally the same situation. x3

Also the level of the Legendary Gem used above the minimum level, determines how much of a stat the recipe will give you.

I only wished a Diamond version of this recipe existed. Who wouldn't want to buff themselves with more resistances, right? Well okay alot of people, but still :D
This post made my day! ^^
Lol great pants noobed out hard! Hahahahaha. Seriously, can happen to anyone, just a distract :) . Better luck next time.!!!! Cheers.
Funny you added a fourth affix to your pants...Hmm curious in that you can do this.

Since I've never tried Caldessan's Despair I always though it would replace your main stat strength with Dex if you used an emerald...but instead it added a fourth affix instead.

This is interesting find as I wondering how may affixes we can add to gear.

Though I'm still waiting for the day we can add sockets to armour in this way we add a fourth affix to armours and jewelry.
I haven't caldessan yet but can you do the same Stat multiple times and endlessly boost it?
01/26/2016 07:39 AMPosted by Skyylya
I haven't caldessan yet but can you do the same Stat multiple times and endlessly boost it?

You can enhance the item multiple times, but it will replace the former enhancement, not add to it. If you cram a 50 onto your weapon for 250 of your chosen stat, then later cram a 60 on it, you'll have 300 of that stat, not 550 :)

I don't know maybe because it isn't clearly worded? The only way I knew for sure is because I had test it out on the PTR.