Lost my DH against Sokahr the Keywarden

Hardcore
Ok, so I (stupidly it seems) decided to switch my UE for SM set for some variation. On I went for some happy T10 farming. Unfortunately, she met her demise against Sokahr the Keywarden and I suspect I was one-shotted by my own Impale. I'm a bit unsure as to how the mechanics of reclective damage works. Could someone clarify? Is it even possible to kill him with the SM set?
Just don't hit him when he spins and you are good. That goes for magewraths and the stone guys from act 2 as well. Good luck on the rr bud!
01/31/2016 07:26 AMPosted by CyLaNt
Just don't hit him when he spins and you are good. That goes for magewraths and the stone guys from act 2 as well. Good luck on the rr bud!

I suspected as much and actually tried to time it. However, he was surrunded by a dampening field slowing my knife so it was rather hard to time it.
Yea... Learned that the hard way but luckily I'm a crusader and I proced instantly into immune damage.. Scared the hell out of me.
01/31/2016 07:18 AMPosted by Skyclad
I'm a bit unsure as to how the mechanics of reclective damage works.

It's not reflect damage, it's reflect projectile. RD is just thorns and is a predictable and constant damage. Reflect projectile is an ability the Whirling Dervish type monsters (When they spin) and Sand Dweller types (When sand shield is up) have innately built into their abilities. All types of these monsters can do this not just elite versions. Reflect Projectile will "bounce" any animated projectile thrown at them away in a random direction when their skill is active. Unlike the low level damage we get hit with normally, RP hits us with our very own shot. So you can end up criting for billions on yourself and also putting bleeds and other legendary gem effects on yourself depending on what you have equipped.
Its a broken mechanic that´s way overtuned and most likely bugged.

There´s huge balance issues all over the game and getting 1 shotted by your own projectile as a ranged class is just a tip of an iceberg.

Devs can´t tell a difference between hard and cheap.

Sorry for your loss, a sad way to die in TX a.k.a sleep mode.

Sincerely
Jumbasa
When dune dervish spin you can actually see the pendulum - thats what deflects your shot.

Congrats you had to actually hit it at just the right angle and time for it to bounce directly back at you.
It's a rite of passage for DH's. Welcome to the club!
Unfortunately, she met her demise against Sokahr the Keywarden and I suspect I was one-shotted by my own Impale.

Speranza is laughing at this no doubt...at least, he will be when I tell him to come read the thread.

02/01/2016 06:57 AMPosted by VeePow

It is also a right of passage for dagger-wielding barbs who run a2 with dh's, but whatever.
Did you not have Awareness equipped? :( No matter how comfortable I feel I never remove my save.
The loss by it self was no real biggie. I had stashed my UE set. The only sad thing was FnR which took ages to get. Luckily, I had a 25 gem of ease so I'm up and running again.

Anyway, the thing was that I already had proced awarenes and was dog piled by other mobs.

The one thing that irked me was his dampening field. This made it hard to time my attack since I couldn't know if he started spinning by the time my knife hit him.
02/01/2016 01:12 AMPosted by Jumbasa
Its a broken mechanic that´s way overtuned and most likely bugged.

There´s huge balance issues all over the game and getting 1 shotted by your own projectile as a ranged class is just a tip of an iceberg.

Devs can´t tell a difference between hard and cheap.

Sorry for your loss, a sad way to die in TX a.k.a sleep mode.

Sincerely
Jumbasa

Hey Dumbasa,

It's not a "broken mechanic" and certainly not "bugged". It's working perfectly as designed.

Why do you continue to play the game?

Why do you continue to pollute the forum?
02/01/2016 11:58 PMPosted by Skyclad
The loss by it self was no real biggie. I had stashed my UE set. The only sad thing was FnR which took ages to get. Luckily, I had a 25 gem of ease so I'm up and running again.

Anyway, the thing was that I already had proced awarenes and was dog piled by other mobs.

The one thing that irked me was his dampening field. This made it hard to time my attack since I couldn't know if he started spinning by the time my knife hit him.

Yeaaa kind of a rough mechanic with the new Impale on SM. I havent rolled my DH on HC this season yet, but I probably wont go SM when I do because although it's fun, it's still a huge glass cannon build.
Bump

I nearly died (triggered Indestructible) on my blessed shield crusader against the keywarden.
02/07/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Ghost
Bump

I nearly died (triggered Indestructible) on my blessed shield crusader against the keywarden.

I seen a Blessed Shield Crusader die to him not long ago... was like maybe a week to 10 days ago at most... just said he was slain and that's it
Its cheap cheapness, a really dump mechanic. Stay safe guys.

Sincerely
Jumbasa
It's a game mechanic that has taken many a ranged character.

I have lost quite a few DH's to it. . .and a Sweep/bowmen crusader, a DMO Wiz, and numerous other ranged characters as well.

VeePow is right. . .it's a rite of passage. You haven't lived until you've killed yourself.
It's not a "broken mechanic" and certainly not "bugged". It's working perfectly as designed.
[/quote]
I have never seen a blue post in any of the posts of this issue, maybe I have missed it though. any evidence to support that?
I have a hard time believing it is working perfectly as designed, more so they don't see it as a big enough of a issue to warrant fixing lol
02/01/2016 12:51 PMPosted by Endeavor
Unfortunately, she met her demise against Sokahr the Keywarden and I suspect I was one-shotted by my own Impale.

Speranza is laughing at this no doubt...at least, he will be when I tell him to come read the thread.

02/01/2016 06:57 AMPosted by VeePow

It is also a right of passage for dagger-wielding barbs who run a2 with dh's, but whatever.

LOL I'm late to the party but I'm laughing a lot. <3 you Bryan. Back when losing a geared HC character mattered. I still have a character named after your former betrothed Barb, "AccidentPoop". That was probably the most horrible yet most hilarious run we had together.
02/08/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Grove

I have never seen a blue post in any of the posts of this issue, maybe I have missed it though. any evidence to support that?
I have a hard time believing it is working perfectly as designed, more so they don't see it as a big enough of a issue to warrant fixing lol
If you haven't seen any blue posts in regards to the "issue" maybe it's not an issue?

Still an improvement to when Reflect Damage was an Aura that applied to all nearby mobs and you could randomly kill yourself to bad timing and there was only 1 or 2 Cheat Deaths in the game