either 75% of players love to play support

General Discussion
You mean 75% of .00001%?
A game where the players can choose to excel at either damage, support, or a blend of the 2 or even other such areas of specialization, that they have some level of control over, is better than a game where no such choice exists....
02/01/2016 09:43 AMPosted by Shurgosa
A game where the players can choose to excel at either damage, support, or a blend of the 2 or even other such areas of specialization, that they have some level of control over, is better than a game where no such choice exists....

WOWOWOWOWOW I've never met a player who genuinely felt passionate about playing a game like this and SUPPORTING!!! WTF!!!! This isn't WoW ! most of the players that support only do it because it A. Gives them a role, and they benefit the team(They could also apply this same logic if they were DPSer's also) B. Their class is trash this season and they want to do higher GR's

I've been on forums for a while... and I've never EVER ever... EVER seen a post about someone who complains about not having a support class.. EVER
As a DH, I can tell you it's great fun to have to play a zWD this era in order to get my gems up to a reasonable level. Yup, I sure do love this new meta. Thanks Blizz!
02/01/2016 10:40 AMPosted by MeWhenum
As a DH, I can tell you it's great fun to have to play a zWD this era in order to get my gems up to a reasonable level. Yup, I sure do love this new meta. Thanks Blizz!

I believe it is safe to claim that "We love this game despite developers' efforts to ruin it". Amirite?
"Support" in ARPG -_-

You know what I get for not liking support (and thus, not playing it)?

-Over 300 Paragon level behind people who plays the same amount of hours. Over the length of the season, it might grow to 400... if not more.
-Legendary gems that are around 15-20 levels lower.
-Potentially 75-100 main stats lower per slot --- potentially 975-1300 deficit, without including paragon (2000+ stats)

Well, at least I don't really care about the leaderboard. However, it does allow them to reach crazy amount of DPS --- and with those stats, I could have made some "fun" build work.
There should be certain criteria for being a support role???

Perhaps...
A) he/she is capable of surviving from some basic attack from elites without being one-shot, AND
B) he/she must turn on skills that benefits other players or make enemies more vulnerable

Too bad, havent seen too many genuine support players
but never stop seeing LEECH and SCAVENGERS in public games, though
I like playing support much more than playing DPS.
02/01/2016 10:02 AMPosted by Breezybombs

WOWOWOWOWOW I've never met a player who genuinely felt passionate about playing a game like this and SUPPORTING!!! WTF!!!! This isn't WoW ! most of the players that support only do it because it A. Gives them a role, and they benefit the team(They could also apply this same logic if they were DPSer's also) B. Their class is trash this season and they want to do higher GR's

I've been on forums for a while... and I've never EVER ever... EVER seen a post about someone who complains about not having a support class.. EVER

That's no surprise, The fan base of this game, many millions of them, they only want to zip around the map squishing zombies while they watch TV. Doesn't mean that more interesting or thought provoking concepts do not exist or are flat out impossible, or are a legitimate attack on anyone's laughable definition of an ARPG.....

I've been on the forums awhile myself, and I've seen wow get thrown under the bus dozens of times per day, because that's what people blame for D3's multitude of shortcomings...they ignore the good parts of wow and highlight only the bad.....its hilarious really....
I like playing support, i don't like being only a buff/debuff character !

Like i loved to play the old Sunwuko EP Monk, a role of a support but also a BURST damage dealer...

Now, support seems to be restricted to only be a zdps thing...But, how can you hack and slash if you got no damage ?
A game where the players can choose to excel at either damage, support, or a blend of the 2 or even other such areas of specialization, that they have some level of control over, is better than a game where no such choice exists

Be nice if Blizzard added dual talent specs which both WoW and Star Trek Online have. You can easily flip flop between 2 profiles / builds. D2 had weapon switch. Imagine being able to flip flop between dps / support builds or 2 dps. WoW requires you to add/remove gear whereas STO stores the gear too but in the stash. Restrictions would be same as with Greater Rifts -- can't change anything. Would make it easier when joining public greaters.
02/01/2016 10:40 AMPosted by MeWhenum

Well I guess that sort of makes up for having to level up and play a DH for the first 3 seasons if you wanted to do anything at all. Like say GR keys.
02/01/2016 08:36 AMPosted by Grashnak
You mean 75% of .00001%?

I'd say, as long as you are not stuck trying to beat TX rifts or not a crusader (perfect solo class) - you are pigeon holded into 3 supp + wiz gameplay, and the % of those player is a lot higher than you mentioned in your post :).

You can play whatever you want, you still need your lovely zdps support char to get Paragon exp, level up gems, farm blood shards etc, basicaly 90% of ingame farming :)
02/01/2016 12:26 PMPosted by SilverFox
A game where the players can choose to excel at either damage, support, or a blend of the 2 or even other such areas of specialization, that they have some level of control over, is better than a game where no such choice exists

Be nice if Blizzard added dual talent specs which both WoW and Star Trek Online have. You can easily flip flop between 2 profiles / builds. D2 had weapon switch. Imagine being able to flip flop between dps / support builds or 2 dps. WoW requires you to add/remove gear whereas STO stores the gear too but in the stash. Restrictions would be same as with Greater Rifts -- can't change anything. Would make it easier when joining public greaters.

oh yea that would be nice.
The current meta of 3 Globes Classes and A Wizard is dumb , broken and personally i refuse to play it.
They need to fix 4 man so it becomes . Looking for 1 more for 4 man pushing not Dekt out Wizard looking for some Globetrotters
02/01/2016 12:23 PMPosted by GloryJak
I like playing support, i don't like being only a buff/debuff character !

Like i loved to play the old Sunwuko EP Monk, a role of a support but also a BURST damage dealer...

Now, support seems to be restricted to only be a zdps thing...But, how can you hack and slash if you got no damage ?

Yeah exactly. I like to help teammates too. How strange right?

Dealing zero damage, no risk of dying, now that is no fun.

One of my favorite characters now is using vault w/ danetta's and nat's set - used for damage, and crowd control defense for the team, while simultaneously buffing all teammates' damage even further. All it needs is another character for monster pull.

Anyways my point is, supporting teammates is fun, ZDPS is dumb. I'm pretty sure I've never played any other game where the support deals no damage at all. If it was a good idea, it'd be more popular, but it's not.
There is only 1 item that needs a "fix" and all this goes away. Can you guess it?
I actually like playing my support monk, the only thing that is a drag about it is I can't get drops for my main wizard while I'm on the monk. I'm not interested in playing any other monk builds, so all my loot rots.
I'm honestly not bothered by the support thing, even though I prefer to play pure dps myself
It brings an interesting dynamic to group play
However
I do think if they insist on having this kind of meta then we really need some group finder changes
where you can actually select class / role
Because if you log in to a random game and see 4 dps, well you may as well leave and try again