Performance Issues on PS4 since Patch 2.4

Console Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
I am glad they fixed it. Its too bad the FPS drop cost me my hardcore DMO sorc in GR 64 though. Don't mind so much when I am beaten by the game. But really stinks when its because of a frame rate issue.
So has the patch gone live then? With the above poster saying its fixed?
01/27/2016 09:21 PMPosted by SmoketoFire
I am glad they fixed it. Its too bad the FPS drop cost me my hardcore DMO sorc in GR 64 though. Don't mind so much when I am beaten by the game. But really stinks when its because of a frame rate issue.

Why do you think it is fixed?
01/28/2016 08:47 AMPosted by homerjnick
01/27/2016 09:21 PMPosted by SmoketoFire

Why do you think it is fixed?

Yeah, they only think that they have found the problem, we will see later.
But the history with their battle against lags in higher GRs should tell you something. They were sure they found the problem at least 3 times already. Last time they thought it was WW barb (!), it got nerfed but lags are still there.
look this game has had micro stutter from day one on pc , ps4 ,x1 also higher mob lvl more stutter. I bet they will never fix it, gonna have to live with it or don't buy their games. oh an digital foundry themselves said it was fixed two weeks after blizzard said they have it at a steady 60 fps [ we found the bug they said]. that was at launch for ps4. the people who buy the game are being lied to from the day 1 launch. an I'm surprised digital foundry has not been keeping up with this game since it has massive updates, they said it was at a steady 60 fps at launch. were is digital foundry? they got the framerate wrong at launch, do a indepth analysis digital foundry, if they do their gonna fess up they were wrong.
We're currently on track to patch the PS4 and Xbox One versions tomorrow, January 29th, to address the performance issues introduced after Patch 2.4.0. Once we've released the patch, simply ensure that you're connected to either your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account, and the patch will be made available to your console.
@ Rock, What we're discussing here is a noticeable performance drop from 2.3 to 2.4 - nothing to do with high density slowdowns. Go watch the videos people posted of stuttering with no gear and no monsters. That is just a coding problem introduced with 2.4. Nobody is expecting to maintain 60 fps with 30000000 monsters and 10 million effects going off on screen.

EDIT: posted just after dev response. Well, there we go then. Thanks for the update Blizzard :)
Still want to know the details of the cause of the issue.
01/28/2016 01:49 PMPosted by homerjnick
Still want to know the details of the cause of the issue.

Me too.
At last. Thanks Blizzard.
good news. that !@#$e was getting old real quick!
Diablo 3 hardcore Xbox one Facebook group

Largest hardcore community on Xbox one

Come join today
You guys act like it was making the game unplayable
My multiplayer game is still not available on Xbox one ( I always log in whit my xbox live account), I am the only one ?
@rush86, it is making the game unplayable for those people who like to play on hardcore.
Patch live downloading now PS4 2.1 gb.
01/29/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Maximus
Patch live downloading now PS4 2.1 gb.

2.287Gb actually. Well in the EU it is.
01/29/2016 02:20 AMPosted by rush86
You guys act like it was making the game unplayable

At high Greater rifts it was, especially builds with lots of pets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqJ_NxAvbc

Don't get too excited.

I mean, there is an improvement though - tested on my demon hunter and the vault thing seems a lot better