Performance Issues on PS4 since Patch 2.4

Console Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
01/29/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Badger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqJ_NxAvbc

Don't get too excited.

I mean, there is an improvement though - tested on my demon hunter and the vault thing seems a lot better

Haven't seen any new updates on Xbox one today. Still stuttering.
01/29/2016 02:20 AMPosted by rush86
You guys act like it was making the game unplayable

And you obviously don't play hardcore.
I've confirmed that the patch has begun to deploy, but when it actually gets pushed to your console can vary somewhat. Keep an eye out!
01/29/2016 02:01 PMPosted by MAFIABOSS
01/29/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Badger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqJ_NxAvbc

Don't get too excited.

I mean, there is an improvement though - tested on my demon hunter and the vault thing seems a lot better

Haven't seen any new updates on Xbox one today. Still stuttering.

That vid was posted after the update btw
On ps4 hit the options button on the game from the home screen and hit "check for update" you should see the patch. It's a little over 2.1gbs.
Thanks for the update, worst was speed farming keys on my monk solo.Game had problems and they are gone now from what I saw.
PS4 has definitely gotten the patch and so far I'm noticing considerably less lag.

I'll have to wait for 3-4 man group game to really tell, but so far so good.

Thanks Blizzard!
Any updates for Xbox One? Haven't noticed any difference.

Also, the issue with Firebird 6 pc "Fixed an issue where completing the objective to set 20 enemies on fire 6 times would prevent the objective to hit enemies with the Revive Meteor from tracking" is STILL occurring. Only just happened to me today.
Wow guys, 2.187GB patch for performance issue fixes? What happened...
Downloading now.
01/29/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Brogetoku

Why does that matter dude? They are fixing it so just be thankful for that
01/29/2016 08:25 PMPosted by rush86
01/29/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Brogetoku

Why does that matter dude? They are fixing it so just be thankful for that

Some people are still on dial-up.
When 2.4 went live I jumped back in no problems on PS4. With this "fix" patch I now have severe stutter problems in everything from audio, button presses and fps issues. I consider it unplayable as it takes several button presses simply to junk an item or move something to my stash. Please fix this ASAP Blizz. I was enjoying getting back in...

UPDATE: I did a full reboot of PS4 and PS4 menus started experiencing similar stuttering as in game. Booted game up and stuttering was same or slightly worse. Went to PS4 menu and closed Diablo. Another system reboot and PS4 system stuttering was gone but still persisted in game. Again went to PS4 menu and closed application. I l was about to delete game install to redownload fresh but accidentally booted game back up. I noticed immediately that music stuttering was almost entirely gone. Loaded into game and it is now running nearly as smooth pre-patch 1.11. Stuttering is now tolerable as it is incredibly infrequent but still a nuisance.

It is worth noting that Diablo was in a rest state during 1.11 update as i powered my PS4 into rest mode this afternoon with Diablo running. I turned my PS4 on this evening and the first thing that displayed was an update progress bar. I assumed it was a Sony update as there was no indication what was being updated. At any rate, seems as though the update needed to work itself out. Weird and annoying ,but almost back to perfection.
Looks like console players just got a feature of PC gameplay!
I have done a lot of solo GRifts and all the performance issues are gone. Game is is smooth as 2.3

But I have no tested going into 3-4 player groups
Hi, everyone, Blizzard,

First, many thanks to Blizzard for the attention to this and quick turnaround.

I have also tested with my Monk L70/283 on Hardcore, Torment 8, Inna's 6-set with Uli 2-set, 8 Mystics due to Crudest Boots. Sweeping Wind, Way of Hundred Fists, Exploding Palm, etc. PS4, Solo, 265 GB remaining. Played for two hours last nigh and one hour this morning.

1. Numerous Rifts (Neph/Greater). Very, very minor at some points, almost imperceptible.
2. Greyhollow Island, South Highlands, completely smooth in Adventure Mode. This was not the case in 2.4 previous to this patch.
3. Ran numerous Rifts this morning, including South Highlands, where back to back, I did an attack for 400 enemies in a row, so approx. 800 kills. During this onslaught, no stuttering whatsoever, only minor slow down due to mob size, e.g. Dash, mob, Dash, mob, with all 8 Mystics attacking and setting off Mystic Ally Super Attack.

There may still be a minor issue here or there, but nothing like 2.4. I agree with Diodio, it seems to be back to 2.3 standards.

I still have to play multiplayer, so I will report back.

Thanks, Blizzard.

DW.
With such big mob sizes there has been slowdowns even since launch, but it doesnt affect the gameplay because theres no input delay like with the the previous patch.
01/29/2016 02:04 PMPosted by MAFIABOSS

and neither are you.

console hardcore? LOL yeah save file to usb and restore.

what a joke
01/30/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Chorro
01/29/2016 02:04 PMPosted by MAFIABOSS

and neither are you.

console hardcore? LOL yeah save file to usb and restore.

what a joke

Not really.

I play hardcore, I have 3 dead characters over the last part of a year (which are still in my character list as dead). Just because the ability to put your save back is a thing, not everyone uses it.

Why do you need to come in here and be such an !@#$ hat about it?