Performance Issues on PS4 since Patch 2.4

Console Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
01/30/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Chorro
01/29/2016 02:04 PMPosted by MAFIABOSS
And you obviously don't play hardcore.

and neither are you.

console hardcore? LOL yeah save file to usb and restore.

what a joke

Is that all you got? I expected better. Just got the console version 4 days ago so your right I don't play hardcore, yet. And I play on PC as well. Don't try to come at me bro. Been in the Diablo series since 1996. I'm sure you wasn't born yet kid.

Edit: got the update for xb1. Runs much smoother. Still a bit of stuttering but not as bad.
Put some more hours in since update.

Definitely better, button delay is gone, there is still the odd stutter and hiccup, but certainly not as bad and it's much more enjoyable now.
Aren't there 5 mystics? (10 with The Crudest Boots). Since there are 5 runes.

Edit: Hmm. Maybe it doesn't summon Enduring Ally...
01/30/2016 08:19 AMPosted by BurtMacklin
01/30/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Chorro

and neither are you.

console hardcore? LOL yeah save file to usb and restore.

what a joke

Not really.

I play hardcore, I have 3 dead characters over the last part of a year (which are still in my character list as dead). Just because the ability to put your save back is a thing, not everyone uses it.

Why do you need to come in here and be such an !@#$ hat about it?

chill dude, i play PS4 HC as well, but i don't brag about it.

unlike that other dude.......
01/30/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Chorro
01/30/2016 08:19 AMPosted by BurtMacklin

Not really.

I play hardcore, I have 3 dead characters over the last part of a year (which are still in my character list as dead). Just because the ability to put your save back is a thing, not everyone uses it.

Why do you need to come in here and be such an !@#$ hat about it?

HELLO!!!!!!!!
01/30/2016 03:41 PMPosted by homerjnick
01/30/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Chorro

HELLO!!!!!!!!

Hi
The game is still choppy in act v.
Hi, guys,

I still haven't played multiplayer, so I can't comment there, but I would say all of my issues are virtually gone. It may be a case of any minor things I'm noticing under this new patch now have always been there, but I did not experience them as I played on lower difficulties under 2.3.

I also played Act V (Grey Hollow Island, Seneschal, and Westmarch) on Torment 8 with my Monk all weekend and did not experience any issues of note. I'll keep an eye out.

I started a HC Crusader on Expert and went to some low-level rifts in Act I. No issues.

Best,
DW.
01/31/2016 04:59 PMPosted by MAFIABOSS

Yeah, Westmarch areas have always had fps problems though tbh, especially that area with the narrow streets.

I did also notice , while messing around with a crusader build, that the blessed ground rune on Heaven's Fury (especially when you have the triple beam legendary) makes fps absolutely tank. I had to stop using it. I don't know if this was a problem before or not since I only just tried it out.
Only GF32 for me, even at paragon 360 its a bit of a pain for my crusader. I think it would do better if the recovery was faster.
can't play the game code 395002
01/29/2016 08:25 PMPosted by rush86
01/29/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Brogetoku
Wow guys, 2.187GB patch for performance issue fixes? What happened...

Why does that matter dude? They are fixing it so just be thankful for that

It matters because it means there's a lot of changes being made. That 2.187GB is a lot of space for code just to improve performance.

If we're talking about an Update component or loop that was broken or some draw or render command that wasn't cleaning up it's arrays, that would be something that takes a few kilobytes or maybe a couple megabytes worth.

It matters because when I see 2.187GB I see a whole lot of space being used, most likely by art assets. It matters because what it means is that that new GUI 'enhancements' that add more icons to the screen are obviously having a negative effect on performance, and it requires compressing quality of art assets and replacing them to get those FPS back up.

Yes. Paths of the Drowned rifts and Battlefields of Eternity rifts. Those two aren't fixed.
02/03/2016 06:39 PMPosted by RobotMurloc

Yes. Paths of the Drowned rifts and Battlefields of Eternity rifts. Those two aren't fixed.

I don't have play the rifts, yet..

current version( both console ) is still choppy in rifts( ONLY rifts ? or story and adv mode include? )
Platform (Xbox One or PS4): PS4
Region (US, Europe, etc): EU
Character Class: Witch Doctor
Skills used: Poison Dart, Fetish Army, Big Bad Vodoo, Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest, Piranha
Are you playing solo or party? If party, with how many other players?: Solo
Do you notice this at specific in-game locations?: No
Description of performance issues. Is framerate dropping constant? Do you notice it sometimes more than others? Do you notice it when performing certain tasks?: Major frame rate slow down whenever facing the mobs from The Last of Us, most likely caused by the Bolter's Poison Cloud ability, one cloud makes it choppy, multiple clouds grinds the gameplay to a halt. The game runs considerably worse because of these exclusive mobs
Is there any other information you think could be relevant?:
How much free space is available? 20GB

I would also like to mention that Westmarch and other areas of act 5 have poor performance, regardless of game mode or mob type, I recently finished the campaign and acts 1 - 4 ran perfectly but act 5 got quite choppy at times. I can only speak for myself but I'd like you to make whatever tweaks are necessary to keep the game at 60fps all the time, fluidity and controller responsiveness is far more important than particle effects in this type of game.
Still have the issue after the newest patch. One of the location that consistently have issue is in north survivor enclave, exactly like this post:

01/29/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Badger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqJ_NxAvbc

Don't get too excited.

I mean, there is an improvement though - tested on my demon hunter and the vault thing seems a lot better

I play on PS4 story mode, memory 307.5 gb left. Game region 2.
Platform (Xbox One or PS4): PS4
Region (US, Europe, etc): Australia
Character Class: Demon Hunter
Skills used: Multishot
Are you playing solo or party? If party, with how many other players?: Solo
Do you notice this at specific in-game locations?: Yes - Act V locations - streets of westmarch and blood marsh especially are problematic
Description of performance issues. Is framerate dropping constant? Do you notice it sometimes more than others? Do you notice it when performing certain tasks?: Major frame rate slow down whenever facing the mobs in aforementioned areas when using multishot/vengeance with the DH.
Is there any other information you think could be relevant?: Never notied an issue playing a LON arcane/disintegrate/meteor wizard
How much free space is available? 700 GB

As others have said, Act V can be very choppy. Seems to be really only noticeable to me at least when spamming the screen with multishot and having lots of mobs/monsters on screen at the same time. I haven't played monk/witch doctor/crusader on the PS4 yet, so can't comment on those character types and any of their subsequent skill sets.

But I can confirm that this is an issue on the PS4 with the latest 1.14 patch still.

Dave
01/15/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Hey all,

It came to our attention that the amount of remaining storage on your system might impact this issue. Just to make sure we're looking at every possible cause, please let us know how much storage space you have remaining if you are experiencing this issue.

How to check remaining storage space
  • PS4
    • Go to Settings > System Storage Management and look for "Free Space"
  • Xbox One
    • From the Home screen, press the right trigger and select My games and apps
    • On the left side of the screen, a meter shows the percent of storage space used and your total free space

Haven't read past this post by the blue, but I highly doubt that it's a free space issue. The PS4 has GPU and system memory on the same die as the CPU I believe. Unless the game is saturating system memory (I highly doubt it, since Diablo 3's graphics, are well, very poor), it ain't gonna hit cache and use the free disk space. I have a 1 TB PS4 with around 500 GB free and it happens to me. IN order for it to be a HDD/free disk space issue, the game must have been using all of the system ram and saturating the CPU/GPU and then using all of the remaining free 500 GB of disk space as memory cache...

I'll just add that since the PS4 o/s is based on GNU/Linux, I highly doubt it'll be a disk throughput or memory issue, since Linux is the best operating system in terms of performance for both areas (possibly some of the BSDs are better but since the BSD o/s isn't used on the PS4, it's a moot point lol).

Since I didn't experience this issue at all with my LON wiz (arcane/disint/meteor) in near 3 months of playing, but have noticed it quite a few times with the DH in under 2 weeks, I'm pretty sure the issue is tied to character/skills.

homejnick - if you see this thread update, if you have a DH, can you set up the UE/multishot/vengeance build, fire up a greater rift with an ACT V tile map and spam MS? I bet you get the lag/stutter...same with blood marsh. I've only noticed it once on the southern highlands, so I do think monster density as well as spamming a particular skills plays a part in this problem occurring.

For those wanting to film it, best to probably film it with a smart phone, most are 60 fps compliant. Cheaper than a separate capture card!

Dave