Double Bounty Weekend?

General Discussion
1 2 3 20 Next
Any word on a double bounty weekend event like last season?
No

11 downvotes because I answered OP correctly? Makes sense.
I think is on now, doing double bounty for double bounty cache
01/26/2016 04:35 PMPosted by JohnWall
I think is on now, doing double bounty for double bounty cache

He means 4 caches per act.

But that would be nice. I need to start rolling some ancient weapons. This is getting ridiculous.
Well, there does seem to be a double bonus going on, but it is not bounties :) Myself and at least a few others on my Twitter have noticed it. Not sure if intended or not.
01/26/2016 05:06 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Well, there does seem to be a double bonus going on, but it is not bounties :) Myself and at least a few others on my Twitter have noticed it. Not sure if intended or not.

What? You trolling us or?
01/26/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Rognar
01/26/2016 05:06 PMPosted by MissCheetah

What? You trolling us or?

I don't think so. I am not the sort to troll the forums or intentionally mislead people. I tried asking @Diablo for confirmation but did not get it. I keep finding double of something loot filled, as have a couple other folks on my Twitter feed. Hint - not in Rifts.

Going on personal experience here but when it keeps happening multiple games in a row I begin to think it is not coincidence. I would be interested to see if others are finding the same thing.

*giggles a bit from just offscreen*.
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.
Highly Rated
^

Does he even listen to himself speak?
Highly Rated
01/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

So they can even play when they are asleep ?......Now I know why you are doing nothing about botters.......it is about how the botters can play on their own schedule. It is an advantage of D3.

Wouldn't something like this work:

The next 5 Bounty Cache you receive are doubled (ie you get 1 extra for each Act). People can do them whenever they want. The bonus Cache is the equivalent of a TX cache.
So the double goblins I keep finding are luck then? That is fine, it just seems odd is all.

EDIT - please don't take them away!
Actually my thoughts are that 2x bounty buff, if it should appear, is best about the first month mark of the season, since that is the beginning of the season when player would benefit the most and relatively geared enough for fast runs. Seriously, I hate to be forced to run bounties late in the season when i no longer needs it or suddenly does need it.

Secondly, the buff should last like a weekend for about 48 hours to give even the most casual players some chance to reap the benefit, how ever little it is for them. Also, the announcement of the dates for the community buffs should at the start of a season. This allows players to plan 4 weeks in advance for the buff and schedule their life accordingly. The also reflects on the proper planning in the game provider end.

Another 2x bounty buff can be planned for the 6th week mark for players that missed the first one.

Anytime is already a good time to play, you could just simply announce that in 2 weeks you'll be giving the buff out. The people who can't make it will miss out, sure, but those who can make it will certainly enjoy themselves and the rewards that are there for them.
Just deciding to "not do it" doesn't reward anyone at all

You say it's demoralizing to miss out on the opportunity, but I say it's demoralizing the opportunity is simply not going to present itself anymore.
You've given the players a taste of what it's like, and now you're going to take it away?

Hmm interesting
I wonder though, if this is a shared philosophy among blues
Why are there currently events such as , double pet battle experience on WoW
Or the dungeon event that happens like once every couple of months for a few days.
Shouldn't any time be a good time to run dungeons?
Sigh.

I was hoping for um...an increase in rift key event cus having to farm these 1 at a time is really really REALLY becoming a drag.
01/26/2016 06:53 PMPosted by Ambria

Hmm interesting
I wonder though, if this is a shared philosophy among blues
Why are there currently events such as , double pet battle experience on WoW
Or the dungeon event that happens like once every couple of months for a few days.
Shouldn't any time be a good time to run dungeons?

Let's not forget Heroes of the Storm with all their events --- Free Stimpack after X wins, Extra gold and XP community buff, "Free" icon when getting X wins within Y days, etc.

Starcraft 2 had XP bonus event as well. They had "log in" and get free Forum Avatar...

Hearthstone have had their events as well. They even got a weekly "free" pack on your first win in Brawl. You get free Cards and Dust for just playing a single Ranked game during the month.
"it's too easy to gear up"

"i want stuff for free"
Anyone still think botting doesn't effect them?
I agree with the blue, past season last time we had a bounty buff reward it was great during 2 days, but afterward bounty pubs were deserted and left with a sad taste of salt in the mouth... So no buff is fine to me.

Now that i know you're on this thread, Honorable M. Cheng, please find a way to make solo Bounties run a thing, 'cause right now it's just unthinkable to do these with out a 4 team mate group... Thank you.

Keep on the great work !