Double Bounty Weekend?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 20 Next
This game is falling down everywhere as the Devs do nothing but stand and watch.
Any excuse to NOT do something, am I right?
01/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play.

I feel like those words could also be applied to the Botting Problem.
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

I'm sorry this reasoning is really lame man. Pretty sure the vast majority of players playing this game at this point wont worry about "missing" this event, because if you time them oh IDK say "weekends" Players wouldn't miss the opportunity would they?

You have perfect opportunities to offer these events, via holidays, weekends etc. where players will most likely be around and gaming.

Reminds me of how you guys handled the Gob shrine, they popped up at a ok interval before nerf, then BOOM, lets have these things so ULTRA rare that players never find them....NEAT FUN Blizz!!

You guys need to rethink your gaming philosophy.
!@#$% and moan, ^-*!@ and moan. "Wahhhh, I want double caches, wahhh! Blizzard, cater to me, or I'll wahhhh some more!"

Wow this generation's entitlement mentality is insane.
Now...

"We don't like the feeling player get when they miss the opportunity to bot. As such, we have decided to ban all accounts using bots so that those players never feel as if they are missing out."

...one can only wish.
Hey guys – just wanted to pop in and say that we don’t have any community buffs planned for this season.

The main reason is the one highlighted by other members of the community - while 2x buffs are super exciting while they’re active, they have negative effects at other times. The biggest is how demoralizing it can feel if you miss out on the community buff. One of the strengths of Diablo is when players feel they can play on their own schedule, when they feel like it. The 2x buffs really detract from a sense that any time is a perfectly good time to play. It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

Why not do bonus events akin to the World of Warcraft weekly rotating events? A few days in which you have the bonus, and if you miss the double XP/Bounties, ect, no biggy, you know it'll be back around in another month.
This explanation is lackluster and sad.

Season fatigue will happen regardless, all you're doing now is stripping another incentive to keep people going.

You will see the change in the numbers yourselves after all this feedback, nobody agrees with this logic.
It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

You know what causes people to burn themselves out? Running twice the number of bounties for the same number of mats. SMH
01/27/2016 08:17 AMPosted by Dakkon
It can also cause people to burn themselves out trying to get the most out of the buff.

You know what causes people to burn themselves out? Running twice the number of bounties for the same number of mats. SMH

ROFL QFT - that's precisely the logic flaw in the blue response.

Well, that and "if we let you have a fun event, you'd just want more".
This is really sad to hear, my friends and I really look forward to these events. It is a really great opportunity to find more rewards in different places instead of the routines. Since people are getting gear in different ways (which is great) one player is out of DB's and one is out of Bounty Mats, etc. But when there is a buff and we know the reward is there for that particular kind of event, we really spend time on that and enjoy it because we are all going for the same kind of reward. Where as now we find our selves splitting up so we can get the one particular kind of mat or material we need so we can climb. I understand your reasoning for it being tough on players who are not able to make it, but i think this is more of communication problem then a reward system problem.Spanning these events that help sync players back up and incentivise you to play a different part of the game are great. Otherwise players just get to out of sync.
They should constantly rotate with one active at all times - always having one active makes community buffs fun and alleviates that problem because you benefit in some way no matter when you play.
This just shows you that the devs are not willing to put any effort to make some community events for this game. ^^
I wonder if it would be possible to do a community buff but instead of a global timer, have it act like a persistent shrine effect from game to game for some set amount of time.

That would allow for the excitement of a community buff and still allow everyone to play on their own time.

Just so you know, Wyatt, you have about half a dozen threads...cough Firebirds cough that have been awaiting at least recognition. I think that it is safe to say in today's world with apps, phones, WiFi, etc...that to pretend you are too busy to reply to high demand threads is terrible PR!

We would greatly appreciate a good deal more activity as far as blue posts go.
Why not do like an MMO and give buffs through a consumable item? That way you can use the buff whenever you're ready for it.
Funny, you can post paragraphs about randomness (not saying the opinions of these threads do not matter). I am simply stating it is quite the slap in the face when you can ignore 85+ rated/350+thread/7k view posts..especially pertaining to something you guys promised to fix and make great for a lonnnnng time now.
What really makes one feel burnt out are the frequent attempts of the devs to work against and not for their own community.
<Kappa>
I really want a No Botting community buff.
Wouldn't that be the ultimate thing?
All the botters have their accounts locked during a weekend, and then they get unlocked when the community buff is over.
</Kappa>
Simple fix, Put a 16 hour buff on per account. When you log on to play the timer will run. When you leave the game you will have that remaining time left.

That pretty much solved all those problems in your post BLUE.

I'd be in favor for this.