If Blizzard were any other business

General Discussion
I'd be asking to speak with the supervisor/manager of the dev team/cms by now.

No one would blame them for delaying if they would just come out and announce the reason. If there is some game-breaking bug or exploit they are working on fixing, just let us know. There will still be complaining, but at least people would know what's going on. Most wouldn't blame them for it.

As it is, though I don't care much about seasons (and only plan playing as much as I'm forced to in order to obtain the stash tabs), leaving patch day as close to the beginning of the season as it is is a major risk to the integrity of this season. They just haven't learned from their mistakes.
01/12/2016 03:10 AMPosted by Larocca
No one would blame them for delaying if they would just come out and announce the reason.

To be fair, they are not "delaying" if they have never announced the patch was due today, which they haven't. We just all expected it today.

That said, I do find the lack of communication... disturbing.
<Insert heavy breathing>
I find your lack of faith.. Disturbing.
They had very recently stated they planned to release patches further ahead of seasons. They are quite foolish if they believed this wouldn't set expectations for the patch earlier. Now, after giving a strong impression that the patch would be earlier than usual, it is almost certain to be much later than usual. That isn't just poor community management, it's bad business.
What Shammoz says is true in that they have not committed to a release date.

All we know for certain is that S5 starts on the 15/1 and that the patch would be released before then. As for the reason for the delay, if I had to take a stab I would say that something might of gone awry trying to sync the release dates for both PC and console.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/01/d3-patch-2-4-pc-console-simultaneous/

I don't think they've done this before and I'm guessing you would need to go through a lot more bureaucracy releasing content on console.
1. They never said the patch would be today.
2. They never said the patch would not be today.
3. It's 4am PST where Blizzard are based.
4. You did not pay anything for the patch.

I assume you are around 12 years old. Good luck speaking with the manager though.
01/12/2016 03:24 AMPosted by Shammoz
To be fair, they are not "delaying" if they have never announced the patch was due today, which they haven't. We just all expected it today.

That said, I do find the lack of communication... disturbing.

no instead they give us the same generic bs they always give us (SOON)*