What happened to the pvp ???

Brawling
Hey there

I played Diablo 3 since it went on sale and a long long time ago but I 've waited Diablo 3 PvP shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk

This video is from the May 3, 2011 have been more than four years since its publication and even nothing to do PVP

What happened to the pvp ???

pvp that came in patch 1.7 seems to me the worst I've seen in a long time and still do not see a solution to this

I hope to receive a response from blizzard , I really would like to have the pvp promised and much better and something that all players deserve
It got scrapped and it's not coming back, sorry friend. Your only hope of seeing PvP supported in this game is with a future expansion, and even that hope is quite dull.
You will find that a good amount of the D3 community does not really care much on Pvp.
There is PvP in the way of brawling (horrible but its there) so they did get that out.
However this game is not balanced for PvP.
Billions of damage capable by every class in the game, Yet only 500k in life and not near enough defense to absorb the damage taken.
Thus every hit by every class is a 1 shot kill. In short, He who fires first wins. That is not PvP.

The only way to fix that in its current state is to take the brawling mode and nurf the hell out of damage and buff the defense while in that map. Even then it would be a iffy spot for decent pvp.

Devs have put Pvp on the back burner knowing that this game, in its current state would not be supportive of PvP by the community as a whole.

Edit: I would like to meet the person that reported this as there is nothing wrong with OP's post.
01/07/2016 04:33 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Edit: I would like to meet the person that reported this as there is nothing wrong with OP's post.

Yeah I was gonna warn the OP about downvotes/reports but I decided against it. For whatever reason, as you say,

You will find that a good amount of the D3 community does not really care much on Pvp.

The true lovers of PvP have moved on from this game, so those that are left tend to be carebears that will report/downvote you just for mentioning PvP....it's quite sad really.
D3=0 PVP
01/07/2016 04:22 PMPosted by MENTEFRITA
I hope to receive a response from blizzard , I really would like to have the pvp promised and much better and something that all players deserve

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/

Of course there is something wrong with the post. He is asking for something that is already in the game. There is PvP in the game, specifically put there to honour the PvP promise. Just because the PvP people don't acknowledge it as PvP, because it's not what the players want is immaterial.

Because those people that care about PvP so much don't play D3.

I agree. A system needs to be put in place!!! Blizzard is $&#@ing up.
Can you imagine today's carebear and PC world if a person could enter a public game, flag someone for PVP, teleport in and begin killing them? The amount of tears would flood the servers and D3 would shutdown.
There is PvP in the way of brawling (horrible but its there) so they did get that out.
However this game is not balanced for PvP.
Billions of damage capable by every class in the game, Yet only 500k in life and not near enough defense to absorb the damage taken.
Thus every hit by every class is a 1 shot kill. In short, He who fires first wins. That is not PvP.

The only way to fix that in its current state is to take the brawling mode and nurf the hell out of damage and buff the defense while in that map. Even then it would be a iffy spot for decent pvp.

Devs have put Pvp on the back burner knowing that this game, in its current state would not be supportive of PvP by the community as a whole.

This guy is right
01/07/2016 10:28 PMPosted by Desalien
Can you imagine today's carebear and PC world if a person could enter a public game, flag someone for PVP, teleport in and begin killing them? The amount of tears would flood the servers and D3 would shutdown.

The good old days, D2 PVP was the best. But players have changed and not for better,
I expected the same freedom in d3 that we have in d2 but... we dont get even a 8 players PVP game lol So sad :-(
thank you for your answer

I know very well that diablo3 sitema pvp has already mentioned came in patch 1.7 but showed at BlizzCon 2010 is very different.

from what I saw in their comments they did not get to see the video that you post but here I leave other links to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQTN9IkDWI this is similar to that published first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzHmq27RkE this is shown in Conveción of blizzcon2010

Regarding the comment that diablo3 community is not interested in PVP consider this totally false, I think if there are players who would like to have a PVP arena.

Blizzard games like World of Warcraft, Starcraft, hearthstone, heroes of the storm and then overwatch these games have a very good PvP system, blizzard can not give me an excuse that this game is just PvE and worldwide there all mmorpg brings a PvP mode.

if you incorporate a PvP arena system is not only for players who are playing but also for players who have the game this would be something that will convince them to play diablo3
01/07/2016 09:24 PMPosted by Steve

Of course there is something wrong with the post. He is asking for something that is already in the game. There is PvP in the game, specifically put there to honour the PvP promise. Just because the PvP people don't acknowledge it as PvP, because it's not what the players want is immaterial.

I love when opinionated people like you make uneducated comments like this. You care enough to put down others, but not enough to fact-check your own statements.
Brawling is not:
When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. We'll also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other team's skulls.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4574895/diablo-iii-pvp-update-3-9-2012

Brawling is:
The game doesn't keep score and there are no objectives. We wanted dueling to be as simple and straightforward as possible, so we created a minimalist system -- we know that even without rewards and objectives, some players just want to beat each other up. Some matchups may be one-sided, and we don't expect that battles will be necessarily balanced. But that's okay, because brawling in Diablo III is more about kicking !@# and taking names in a no-holds-barred sort of way, and this design certainly allows you to accomplish that.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/patch-107-preview-1-11-2013

And to easily disprove you statement that "Brawling was specifically put there to honour the PVP promise" please read through the following link. Specifically the What's Next section, where they state they are continuing to work on a replacement to the team deathmatch arena-style PVP.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/diablo-iii-pvp-update-12-27-2012

Brawling in no way honours the PVP promise that was made pre-release. Brawling is an admittedly imbalanced, bare bones, zero-support mode of play that has had hundreds of viable, easy-to-implement changes recommended on these forums. Each one of those potential improvements have been ignored, and any questions that even hint at the original PVP mode get buried in Brawling, even when they specifically have 0 to do with the Brawling gamemode.
01/07/2016 09:24 PMPosted by Steve

Well, if you think that Brawling is honouring the first arena PVP system showned during the Alpha, then you clearly are: 1) a sad attempt of a troll, or 2) delusional.
As much as I want PvP to come in to D3 I don´t see a way for them to do it with out changing the way it works in D3 with the damage etc.
Dont get me wrong i like diablo PVE it's a good time, but i bought this game trusting blizzard would release pvp.. that was the selling point for me to farm gear for pvp or just progress through rank w/e the hell.. it would have just topped off the experience perfectly... i stopped playing without it and couldnt care any less what happens to the game now. I'm just supposed to farm and get better to do..... what exactly? !@#$ it.
No thanks to PVP. PVE hasn't been balance since game launched. PVP will take a decade to balance.
I really agree with some of you here, we need the PvP like arena or battleground, the brawling is not what we wanted... bad map, no balance, no targets, no fun.

Please blizzard, give us PvP arena battle! You can do this, with next expansion, which I hope is made now. You can tell the world, that you will bring new expansion with PvP and a lot of people will see that as a good opportunity to return this good game. I think you do great job with PvE, now it's way better than the game you released. Keep it good, bring the arena.

Kind regards,
Kaleb
I miss pvp and I want it back I played so much pvp in d2 and d3 doenst have it wth
01/07/2016 11:18 PMPosted by Qwenta
01/07/2016 10:28 PMPosted by Desalien

The good old days, D2 PVP was the best. But players have changed and not for better,
I expected the same freedom in d3 that we have in d2 but... we dont get even a 8 players PVP game lol So sad :-(

DW we're both downvoted twice, just goes to show rofl.

D2 hardcore Baal runs a barb enters you hear the PVP horn, your heart would race. Getting a rush by a stranger not knowing if they will bring up a hot TP or all of a sudden turn against you. Have non-stop duel fests outside in Blood Moor.

Yeah nah, WHO WOULD WANT THAT?! SMH. Got to have our little 4 player tiny games instanced away from the game's world.