No action on botting before new season?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
01/12/2016 04:32 AMPosted by Eternity
Blizzard banned a gamer who bot in Diablo 3? Are you too idiot to believe or trying to scare people?

They banned him for using "hellfire amu" exploit, which he hasnt even used xd
01/11/2016 10:11 AMPosted by Myrddin

And I've never understood people like you! There is nothing competitive about your profile! Barely 400-Paragon, that's not going to get you on any ladder. Botting is not a good thing, but it has nothing to do with an noncompetitive gamer like yourself. The only person who should care about botters are people who are really pushing the ladder. You've barely played the game, yet you have an issue with botters...... Why not put in some real effort first then you can cry about botters.

CHEATING IS HUMAN NATURE, simple as that. People are going to look for an edge and stopping it completely will never happen. But your type is pathetic. Your that dude in the gym who never puts in the time and goes around crying that everyone is using steroids.............

You just don't get it. Botters have zero impact on you at all, so why care about them?

i also have low paragon but am always in the top 50 for my class for the first month ish of the season.

After that point you really can't keep up with the bots, they can just farm more mats than you, which gives them better items, which lets them do higher grifts, which in turn makes the paragon/gear gap wider. It's going to be even worse this season with the double dipping on paragon levels with the legendary gem recipe

I honestly wish they would just sell a diablo 3 bot, that way i can buy it and it's not cheating, but i can keep up, kind of.

Just because someone has better items and higher paragon level does NOT mean they are going to be able to get on the top of the leaderboards. There is a method for that. They call it fishing for the "ideal rift" which everyone else just calls fishing for the 1 rift that will allow you to complete the difficulty. Most of diablo 3 players couldnt give a crap about leadearboards in any way. Same can probably be said for those botters. In fact go visit 1 of those bot site sometimes. If you can believe what they say on those forums when they talk to other botters most of them have no interest in leaderboards and only play seasons when theres an item thats specific to that season which would mean they would have to wait for the season to end to have access to the item unless they dont play season. Or for the seasonal rewards. Yes i have visited those sites to learn about how the bots work and just in general why they want to bot. No i do not bot in D3 i have not botted (that all should be fairly obvious considering my paragon level+ hours played factored into having the game since day of release.) I personally however prefer to find information for myself and see what is really going on. There is always 2 sides to every story. Gotta admit tho i find the constant whining and complaining about bots that have very little and most often nothing to do with your D3 experience considerably more annoying than the fact that bots exist themselves. But then again i understand how the world works unlike alot of people on here apperantly. Everytime i read these forums i feel like im dealing with teenagers or 20-30 year olds that still live with their parents in the basement or something. Whining about anything and everything while doing as little of anything as possible.
what makes anyone think there will be any more effort into banning bots in diablo 3 that there was in diablo 2?

The bots in diablo 2 to this day enable people to profit from blizzard's intellectual property, and they do nothing to stop it.

Botting in diablo 3 effects whom? The top 100 people who think they have enough free time and limited scope of attention to get on a leaderboard that no one will remember in a year?
01/09/2016 10:45 AMPosted by Jason
They have better things to do with their time and resources than to police something as meaningless as botting in my opinion.

Maybe to you it is meaningless but to the majority of the players it is not meaningless at all. Because botters get an unfair advantage over those that don't bot. That is unless you want everyone to bot like they do. Sorry but a lot of players just will not be joining them Mr. bot supporter.
And I've never understood people like you! There is nothing competitive about your profile! Barely 400-Paragon, that's not going to get you on any ladder. Botting is not a good thing, but it has nothing to do with an noncompetitive gamer like yourself. The only person who should care about botters are people who are really pushing the ladder. You've barely played the game, yet you have an issue with botters...... Why not put in some real effort first then you can cry about botters.

CHEATING IS HUMAN NATURE, simple as that. People are going to look for an edge and stopping it completely will never happen. But your type is pathetic. Your that dude in the gym who never puts in the time and goes around crying that everyone is using steroids.............

You just don't get it. Botters have zero impact on you at all, so why care about them?
1 day ago
Reply Quote

Oh and the only ones that should love the game and have a desire that this game becomes the great game that it should be are the ones that compete. You don't have to be a competitor in order to love this game enough to care about it's success. Botting undermines it's success.
2.4 is live now on US and there is no action. botter now can download the latest version of their bot for patch 2.4 then go start botting. it is safe as usual.
Known issues getting flat out ignored is just not cool.
Where is justice blizzard?
Something needs to be done blizzard. This is getting ridiculous now.
Who cares about the botting? In all reality, to make it into the leaderboards you have to live and breathe diablo for many nights, never playing anything else. Why not play a game just for the fun of it? Don't worry about others. Just worry about yourself.
to be boting should result in permanent banning from the game and buying a new copy wont help that would solve the problems i think...
There are 2340 Threads about botting without any "real" response from Blizzard
Topic still got ignored ^^
"Yeah The Topic Botting is not relevent to work on it."
Its a shame whats your intention against third party programs.
At Blizzcon u say we work on it.
How about creating more like 3000 Threads than u will take some action?
I dont know what to say more..

http://imgur.com/mprSvmY
01/13/2016 05:39 AMPosted by MadMegatron
Who cares about the botting? In all reality, to make it into the leaderboards you have to live and breathe diablo for many nights, never playing anything else. Why not play a game just for the fun of it? Don't worry about others. Just worry about yourself.

Players that don't play by the rules affects everyone. More so if either little or nothing is done to stop it. It causes players to think that the rules are just words on paper.

Just take a look to WoW, over the years Blizz has been inconsistent with actions against players using exploits. One exploit during the burning crusades (IIRC) was discovered that you could go straight through a wall by passing trash mobs and go straight to a boss in one of the raids. Everyone that took part in that got perma banned. Then other exploits where only a slap on the wrist like taking away gear gained and only a three day ban to no action at all.

The more that either little to no action is taken policy is seen by players. More players will be encouraged to break the rules. Either by joining them in botting or some other violation of the rules.

01/13/2016 05:42 AMPosted by swebarb
to be boting should result in permanent banning from the game and buying a new copy wont help that would solve the problems i think...

This is what should happen, but it is hard to do legally. Because you can't ban a player based on his computer information due to the fact that he might sell his computer. Then that next owner who might be a legit player can't play. Banning IP's might have similar hurdles as well.
I don't like botters either, but in the grand scheme of things, how does it effect you? Unlike WoW, where botters actually negatively effect the gameplay for others in pvp, In here all they are doing is denying slots on the leaderboard. Not really in the same league. Don't get me wrong, cheating is cheating and I would love to see a resolve on it, but sometimes, it's not worth the time or energy.
01/13/2016 06:42 AMPosted by MadMegatron
I don't like botters either, but in the grand scheme of things, how does it effect you? Unlike WoW, where botters actually negatively effect the gameplay for others in pvp, In here all they are doing is denying slots on the leaderboard. Not really in the same league. Don't get me wrong, cheating is cheating and I would love to see a resolve on it, but sometimes, it's not worth the time or energy.

Look cheating affects all because if left unchecked without any action could make the rules look like just mere words on paper. Where they have no authority or real meaning to the ones reading them. If allowed to bot with impunity. Then the community might start violating other rules because they would think there are no rules. I am certain that in time a community that is not following any of the rules will definitely get your attention.
01/13/2016 01:38 AMPosted by zella
Where is justice blizzard?

Crickets... Nothing being done.
I looked this up. I was so happy when I found the clip and it was a Seinfeld reference lmao. This was awesome :D
01/13/2016 06:42 AMPosted by MadMegatron

This ^ - People whine about the content, the balance, the tooltips, etc - As ridiculous as I think most of those claims are, at least they impact your gameplay. This is completely irrelevant to how much fun you can have. It`s like Christian parents flipping their !@#$ acting like a their kid smoking a cigarette is unavoidably leading to a full blown %^-* addiction.

01/13/2016 02:27 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Look cheating affects all because if left unchecked without any action could make the rules look like just mere words on paper. Where they have no authority or real meaning to the ones reading them. If allowed to bot with impunity. Then the community might start violating other rules because they would think there are no rules. I am certain that in time a community that is not following any of the rules will definitely get your attention.

The real-world market place is gone. Nobody is gonna start running around with their pants off covered in green jell-o making 6 digits botting in d3. Is it against the rules? Yes. So is J-walking. Nobody cares if you J-walk, because it doesn't piss them off if you don't cut them off while doing it.
This ^ - People whine about the content, the balance, the tooltips, etc - As ridiculous as I think most of those claims are, at least they impact your gameplay. This is completely irrelevant to how much fun you can have. It`s like Christian parents flipping their !@#$ acting like a their kid smoking a cigarette is unavoidably leading to a full blown %^-* addiction.

Botting always existed on d3, but before, we could catch up with botters with time. We would eventually get that good piece of gear. Now with the paragon system being the main source of power now, and gear having 0 value, that is just impossible...

So, bots directs affect leaderboards. For some active players, that is all that is left to do on game.

D3 is not a loot hunt game anymore. It is a XP grind game. On XP grind games, botters always win, no matter what. D3 sadly became cheat to win.

So yeah, botting directs affetcs some part of d3 playerbase.

In my options the lack of action from blizzard part is a complete disrespect to the playerbase overall. And after Kauza "welcome post" saying they are looking on the bot issue, but no bans or no change on paragon system when s4 ended, i just lost any faith on blizzard on solving this issue.
01/12/2016 08:41 PMPosted by Zyron
Known issues getting flat out ignored is just not cool.

Don't you guys get it? The Inspect button NEEDED to be addressed!