GR 45 no sets

General Discussion
What's the easiest class/build to do this with? Last thing holding me from my stash tab and really needing that!
Witch Doctor is pretty easy. Get both "Zombie Dog" and "Gargantuan" Ring and you can do it no problem.
Witch doctor is easiest no doubt, just get a bunch of pet gear. I did it with barbarian and it was somewhat of a pain, but did on my third try with HOTA build.
I did it with mnk fire bell build this morning. Wont say it was easyAmma my gear was pretty solid.
I did it as a monk on hardcore using a tempest rush build I came up with on my own in the first week of the season.
im close to having the gear for it on barb, looking at a dw generator build with blade of the warlord and oathkeeper
i made mine on a wizard with the bracers for energy twister pull , the energy twister weapon cubed , and the aether walk in hand equiped , and rest just random items , i even had a yellow pants when i did it hehe.
I did it on my Crusader, I used the Thorns legendary gem and Hack and it was a breeze, I had Blood Brother and Heart of Iron cubed, and had Justice Lantern, Aquilla Cuirass, etc.. I replaced my Invoker pieces with random legendary items and even some crafted yellows for slots I didn't have random legendary items for.
Thanks for the ideas, will try some of them 2morrow!
monk with fire bells is a good one. Use a cindergoat + all the wol damage multiplier items. Ended up being much easier than i thought it would be.
Just pick a skill for whatever class that has a lot of skill damage available from legendaries. Also have a think about where you can get a bit of damage reduction from so you dont die.

Fire is a good choice.

I play monk and used fire bells. Same play style as monkey kings meaning its ranged so avoids most damage and used an obsidean ring to get 100% uptime on epiphany desert shroud.

Did it first try with plenty of time to spare.
01/28/2016 05:34 PMPosted by Khronos
i made mine on a wizard with the bracers for energy twister pull , the energy twister weapon cubed , and the aether walk in hand equiped , and rest just random items , i even had a yellow pants when i did it hehe.

Tried that with no luck. Tried Deathwish with Twister Sword and some other stuff. Para 300+.
So we just stand there under the all-runes time bubble with a pack of mobs and hitting each other for no damage for eternity.
Leveling a crusader to try that again atm.
Did it with a DH easily (which probably has the worst non-set item synergy of any class) but thats what I main, so had plenty of legendaries in stash to choose from.

I would say do it with whatever class you mostly play as you will be more likely to have a useful assortment of legendaries to choose from.
01/28/2016 07:43 PMPosted by ladish
monk with fire bells is a good one. Use a cindergoat + all the wol damage multiplier items. Ended up being much easier than i thought it would be.

Good to know... I play it as my main build at the moment so I just need some Legendaries..
I did it with MS dem9n hunter, was rough on DH but I got it on the 5th try or so.
I did it with bombardment crusader. it is my first try and i still have 7-8 minutes left when i killed the RG.
Bombardement sader - easy walkthrough.
I did it with a DH using fire MS build. Cindercoat, magefist, andariel's visage, fire soj, coe, fire ammy, etc., coupled with yang's and dml. Gunes, dawn, and oculus in cube. Tried twice and missed both, changed my bracers to nemesis and finished with a couple minutes to spare.
01/28/2016 04:45 PMPosted by IAmCrAzyrAge
I did it as a monk on hardcore using a tempest rush build I came up with on my own in the first week of the season.

By "come up with on your own" do you mean equipping all of the specifically designed "tempest rush" pre-made legendaries?
Tried some firebell setup with random stuff I had in my stash, but I hit like a wet noodle. I didn't have the bracers to help out but seemed like I had most of the other stuff. Finally got it done on my WD though. If anyone wants a pretty easy setup you can look at him (not saying it's near the best, just what I done it with). Of course his bracers were different, but they weren't anything special. I even had a topaz in my helm and had leoric's crown cubed from trying something and forgot about it so I don't recommend copying them.

The only required items are really mask of jeram, the short man's finger, 2 unitys, a follower cannot die token, ring of emptyness, enforcer gem, and tasker and theo.

I'm not even any good at WD, don't really like playing WD, gear is not optimized at all, there were only 2 pieces as ancient. The gems I lvl'd up with this char with no sets before reaching 45, but if you want to lvl them higher with sets that's always helpful too, both were lvl 32 when I beat it.

link to wd: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GameGenie-1745/hero/71788480