Change the damage increase on sets, this is absurd.

General Discussion
Every barb this season has felt this. Lets take a look at the Might Of The Earth set that we were given for the start of the season.

(2) Set:
Reduce the cooldown of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, and Ground Stomp by 1 second for every 30 Fury you spend with an attack.

When we hit level 70, we get 2 set pieces. The first two pieces of the set of MOTE have to be the most generic and random, un-game changing, and useless bonus when you're starting out with a character. Its just absolutely useless. It doesn't make anything do more damage, I just cast my skills maybe 2-3 seconds faster, because at that point in the game, I wouldn't have had the items to be able to max and dump fury fast enough where the cooldown reduction was even useful.

(4) Set:
Leap causes an Earthquake when you land. Additionally, Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune's effect and duration are increased by 150%.

Next up, we managed to kill Zhoultan Gulle, and we get two more pieces. Now this affix has some benefit added to it, but Im not jumping a torment level with it's bonus. I only get some more utility out of it, and utility isn't what you need to get from t1-t6, what you need is damage and survivability. We have the survivability component, but we completely lack the damage component, until we solo grift 20, and get the 6 piece.

(6) Set:
Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 800%.

Suddenly, we just got a 9x multiplier on our damage, and we jump straight to t7+ farming. This design is just ridiculous. I don't feel like im incrementally getting stronger, I feel like I just waste time for awhile and then I jump a whole magnitude of damage.

Why not spread out the 800% damage buff amongst the the 2,4, and 6 piece bonuses rather than dumping them in one place? Is it for balance reasons? Because if anything, this will generate build diversity, and as with any change, tweaking to hit the sweet spot will be required and can be provided via feedback from the community.

(2) Set:
Reduce the cooldown of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, and Ground Stomp by 1 second for every 30 Fury you spend with an attack. Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 100%.
(4) Set
Leap causes an Earthquake when you land. Additionally, Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune's effect and duration are increased by 150%. Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 100%.
(6) Set:
Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 125%.

The people using the 6 piece will feel no different, however now there is a gradual damage increase building up to it, so people actually feel more and more powerful as they gather more pieces.
Because by putting all of the damage modifier on the 6pc bonus; it forces you to actually have 6pcs; instead of 400 / 600% that can be imcreased through more flexible gearing.

This way, you're locked into 6pc and your potential max damage is controlled.

In a nutshell; !@#$ing lazy design.
OP, you realize that if damage was incremental, some of the set combinations would be out of this world crazy.

Can you imgine what the classic Raekor4/IK6 would do?
Or Monks with Sunwuko4/Inna6?
Heck, how about the classic Delrasha wizard with Delsere4/TalRasha6? They would be destroying GR70 with ease.

Your suggestion would make the multiplier even MORE ridiculous.
I disagree with your solution, but I acknowledge the problem. It makes anything other than three or four sets completely unviable unless you're content just doing low level content.
01/27/2016 11:10 PMPosted by Aohige
OP, you realize that if damage was incremental, some of the set combinations would be out of this world crazy.

Heck, how about the classic Delrasha wizard with Delsere4/TalRasha6? They would be destroying GR70 with ease.

Except if the total damage bonus was spread out across all three set bonuses, then you'd get *gasp* the same total effect from equipping 3 2-p set bonuses. Math is hard, yo! You'd, like, get to mix and match sets to make your own style of playing! Of course, we can't have that...

NO.

They should remove these ridiculous damage bonuses from items. Go back to how they were in RoS release. The sets should implement new ways of gameplay by nice utilities and features to new utilities.
Sets should have never be implemented in the first place.
Instead the devs should have focused on balancing skills & runes properly and create interesting legendaries.

Now we got this mess where super OP 6 piece sets funnel everyone into the same default builds and the only useful legendaries are those which increase the damage of one of your skills by another 75-150% - totally boring design.
01/27/2016 09:41 PMPosted by Equilibrim
The first two pieces of the set of MOTE have to be the most generic and random, un-game changing, and useless bonus when you're starting out with a character

*cough* the Wizard starting set has you beat by a mile for uselessness.

(2) Set: When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.
01/28/2016 12:37 AMPosted by akse

They should remove these ridiculous damage bonuses from items. Go back to how they were in RoS release. The sets should implement new ways of gameplay by nice utilities and features to new utilities.

Im certain the next expansion pack will clean up in these extreme items and reset the game.
20-30% power increase on top tier talents or items is usually more than enough to instigate the feeling of going from strong to hero tier.

Come to think about it, i actual had the most fun while playing the Skeleton King demo - there was plenty of small upgrades for all slots.
Right now it is more like there is one upgrade - the best performing 6pc.Min maxing is really just getting a ancient 6pc asap(+ ancient wep).
01/28/2016 12:02 AMPosted by LostSoul

Except if the total damage bonus was spread out across all three set bonuses, then you'd get *gasp* the same total effect from equipping 3 2-p set bonuses. Math is hard, yo! You'd, like, get to mix and match sets to make your own style of playing! Of course, we can't have that...

That is not at all what I said.
The combinations I'm talking about, if you didn't know, gives you all 6 piece set bonus PLUS 4 piece set bonus from the other set.
I mean, these are pretty famous set combinations, I'm surprised you are not familiar with them.

So if set bonuses were incremental, you'd have the FULL benefit of one set (say, Immortal Kings) and its multipliers, plus 4/6 bonus multiplier of the other (say, Raekor or Wastes).
The resulting multiplier bonus would be completely out of this world.