One-click gear and skill swap.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
I only play on the console version so I don't know if this is out on the PC Version but besides having the armor rack and 3 separate skill setups (a la World of Warcraft) I would really like an out of game edit mode.

Like log into battlenet d3 and clean up your inventory, shard gear, set up the equipment, etc... Doing it in game is a pain.
I have to bump this since it is a fantastic idea!! This would be a gigantic quality of life improvement. Please Blizzard add this next patch.
This will freaking improve the game :-O
If it is too request, perhaps Blizzard put this as a reward of Season Jouney in some future season
02/04/2016 07:21 PMPosted by MissCheetah
You just want to add a meter distance between the gear rack and stash.

Hypothetical Blizz Reply: DONE! We moved it WAYYYYYYYY over on the other side of town.
02/07/2016 07:36 PMPosted by FruitJuice
If it is too request, perhaps Blizzard put this as a reward of Season Jouney in some future season

No, no, and HELL NO.

Did I mention "no!"?
Caution: This cookie bites back.
I mentioned this feature like 3 years ago, like in D2 where you can swap weapons w/ one button.
Bumping for progress
02/07/2016 08:16 PMPosted by TheTias
02/07/2016 07:36 PMPosted by FruitJuice

No, no, and HELL NO.

Did I mention "no!"?
Caution: This cookie bites back.

+10000
02/04/2016 02:55 PMPosted by Monstrous
If a feature like this was added to the game, what kind of functionality would you like to see?

What I'd like to see is:

Instead of collecting each item with strength, int, crit etc and having hundreds of options I'd like to see a collection of gears. The way I see it is this:

I gather gear and it goes to my collection if I choose so (no mats, no gold though) and gear disappears. Then I go to my collection and choose helm for specific set (or full set) and set up strenght, crit & gold find -all items with highest attributes are choose for me just so I wouldn't have to spend hours comparing (system will do it for me). Then I equip with 1 click button.

There could be option to equip full set, particular item or even display whole collection of gear. It will decrease gear collection significantly and people wouldn't have to gather again and again same gear with one different stat - especially that patching can change sets we use or the way we're playing.
I hope they listen to this request...I really do.
I wouldn't expect anything about this for several patch cycles and that assumes they even bother with it, which is another thing altogether. It rolls along with the "we don't have any plans for that" line that they occasionally use to justify putting it off indefinitely or scrapping it without anyone noticing.

In the event of a miracle or two, that this idea does go all the way to PTR testing, chances are that the gear swap will be a different interpretation to what the OP has in mind.
One-click gear and skill swap.

Yes.

I mean, the team obviously wants us to play all builds of all characters.

I myself, without any artificial urging would be interested to do so eventually.

That'd take far more stash tabs than they'll ever add, plus you carry the risk of misplacing an item, equipping the wrong one, or selecting a wrong skill.

Let's have a gear and a skill tab for each major set.
One thing I missed the most from D2 was hitting the W key and getting a whole new build ready to go. I could have my main build and a PvP build at the ready with the push of a button. Probably one of the greatest QoL features in a game I've ever experienced. I'm not even really asking for like 5 tabs for different builds, but just the ability to swap between a main build and a farming build so that I don't have to fill my character slots with additional characters or filling up 10 stash tabs for various characters and take 5-10 minutes swapping items to achieve the same results.

Seriously, you don't even really need an armory type thing in town. Just bring back the much loved W key swap style. That alone would make life so much better for people and help cut down on the requests for additional stash space.

What I'm really trying to say here is, monstrous for prez and I hate kadala.
02/04/2016 02:55 PMPosted by Monstrous
One of the most requested features I see popping up around various fan-sites and this forum is for the ability to quickly swap between items and skills.

We're in a really good place right now in terms of build diversity used for various in-game activities such as Rifts, Bounties, Greater Rifts (solo/group), and Set Dungeons. However, with the increasing number of builds and activities we also run into the frustrating issue of changing our gear, skills, and even Paragon when we decide we want to switch from one activity to another. Wouldn't it be nice to quickly switch our gear and skills with just one button?

I took some time to mock up a rough feature which I believe would not only help with quick build swapping but would also allow us to organize and collect gear for specific builds.

Check it out here: https://twitter.com/MonstrousD3/status/695362513714548737

• Armor Racks specific to each character (not shared).
  • One-click gear, skill, and Paragon swap.
  • Organize and collect gear sets without using up valuable Stash space.

If a feature like this was added to the game, what kind of functionality would you like to see?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It would also solve the problem of limited character spots btw.
02/09/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Fauske
It would also solve the problem of limited character spots btw

bingo
+10000
the game would be perfect :bave:

do it ffs
I really like this idea!
Let's be realistic for a moment. Would such a feature be cool? Definitely. Can we expect to see it in a free patch? I'm not so sure. However, it might be a perfect addition for another expansion.

Remember. Content patches and seasons keep players around (and make sure new players will come to check things out from time to time), but without purchasable cosmetics etc., only new products bring in extra money.

If I were to guess, D3X2 is already in the making. Obviously before it's officially announce we won't know anything about it's features - but maybe, just maybe the silence on this topic is actually ominous.