One-click gear and skill swap.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
02/27/2016 03:16 AMPosted by Hypersonic
02/26/2016 11:28 PMPosted by DeadRu
Ideas in their own right are fine, but then you need to consider what it would take and how it would be implemented. In this case you're asking for an awful lot and for what. So you don't have to swap out your gear.

Have you ever gone through the trouble of completely swapping out from one build to another, where you had to change every facet of the build? Guess what, it involves more than just the 13 items on the character paper doll.

As shown by the OP's images, it handles gear, skills/runes, passives, paragon and cube powers (OP admitted it was an oversight).

It takes a few minutes to find and swap out the items, remap the skills, runes and passives, reset and reassign paragon points and hop over to the cube and remap the 3 powers.

The idea of this gear swap is to simplify that process with just a few clicks at the most.

02/26/2016 11:28 PMPosted by DeadRu
I can't see this as being a priority in Blizzard's view. It is simply not needed. Need and want are not the same.

You said the same thing when trying to shoot down the idea of a tooltip indicator for items extracted to the cube.

- It's not needed
- It will take a lot of effort to implement
- It will cause an unnecessary burden to the system

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19021682703?page=1

Patch 2.4 added that tooltip indicator yet the servers are holding up just fine.

LOL lets compare changing a tooltip to regearing a toon entirely.
Sorry but you're looking at a massive job to implement and that does not even include the maint of storing, sorting ect.

I have swapped items and builds MANY , MANY TIMES. I CONSIDER IT PART OF PLAYING THE GAME.

Gee Blizzard why not make an app where this guy can simply click a mouse button to load the latest fotm cookie.

BTW as for the tooltip indicator, I still see requests and people are still whining. This is after they did the change.

BTW can you prove this did not add to the server load or lag. Maybe if we get another xpack and they design the system from the top down. they can look into it. However I'd rather they address ant current lag issues before dumping this on the servers.

You people need to move to an mmorpg.
02/27/2016 05:13 AMPosted by DeadRu
Sorry but you're looking at a massive job to implement and that does not even include the maint of storing, sorting ect.

They added seasons and greater rifts in 2.1. Both are massive features of the game.
They added Kanai's Cube. A clever feature that required plenty of work.
Set dungeons would have taken plenty of time and effort as well.

Are you doubting or denying the devs' ability to handle a build swap feature?

I have swapped items and builds MANY , MANY TIMES. I CONSIDER IT PART OF PLAYING THE GAME.

Gee Blizzard why not make an app where this guy can simply click a mouse button to load the latest fotm cookie.

You say you use Outfitter for WoW, an equipment manager addon that lets you swap specific item builds automatically. A big time saver for those who use it.

The OP's idea works in more or less the same way. But somehow that is bad for D3...?

BTW can you prove this did not add to the server load or lag.

You haven't proven or shown that it is reasonably plausible that the tooltip indicator adds significant server loads. If they did, why the hell did Blizzard proceed with it for 2.4?

Logically, the cube tooltip indicator would effectively be a simple boolean function:

Legendary with unique power drops.
Server checks item's power to your cube.
Have you extracted its power? If yes, show filled indicator. If no, show hollow indicator.

If that somehow causes unnecessary server lag, it would mean one of two things:
1 - Blizzard's server hardware is terrible.
2 - Server or game software is poorly coded to handle such a function.

If such a thing can happen, wouldn't there be noticeable lag when using the Book of Cain when you ID a number of unidentified legendary items, opening all 10 bounty caches or when picking up a stack of legendaries after killing a Grift boss? So far, none of them has occurred.

I played WoW from 2004 to 2011. These were its prime years. Sadly, they overcooked Cataclysm and WoW went on a downward trend ever since.
02/27/2016 07:08 AMPosted by Hypersonic

They added seasons and greater rifts in 2.1. Both are massive features of the game.

They added Kanai's Cube. A clever feature that required plenty of work.

Are you doubting or denying the devs' ability to handle a build swap feature?

You say you use Outfitter for WoW, an equipment manager addon that lets you swap specific item builds automatically. A big time saver for those who use it.

The OP's idea works in more or less the same way. But somehow that is bad for D3...?

BTW can you prove this did not add to the server load or lag.

You haven't proven or shown that it is reasonably plausible that the tooltip indicator adds to server loads. If they did, why the hell did Blizzard proceed with it for 2.4?

Logically, the cube tooltip indicator would effectively be a simple boolean function:

Legendary with unique power drops.
Server checks item's power to your cube.
Have you extracted its power? If yes, show filled indicator. If no, show hollow indicator.

If that somehow causes unnecessary server lag, it would mean one of two things:
1 - Blizzard's server hardware is terrible.
2 - Server or game software is poorly coded to handle such a function.

If such a thing can happen, wouldn't there be noticeable lag when using the Book of Cain when you ID a number of unidentified legendary items, opening all 10 bounty caches or when picking up a stack of legendaries after killing a Grift boss? So far, none of them has occurred.

I played WoW from 2004 to 2011. These were its prime years. Sadly, they overcooked Cataclysm and WoW went on a downward trend ever since.

lol Yes now lets compare adding a frivolius idea to actual playable content. Reallly why sould blizzard invest thata kind of development into a game simply because your're to lazy or don't want to bothor to swap builds. A game that you or nobody else has put a penny in since buying ros.

I use an addon in wow to swap gear. Yiu ask why it is fine there but not in D3,. Well WoW was developed from the round up to use LUA to support addons. It is an mmo that I pay 15.00 a month to play . like I said when was the last time you spent a dime on D3.

You are asking a lot for nothing, and that lot is not required for the game to function. What are you looking for a one click feature in the game so you can spend the time saved whining in the forum.

Can't waste anymore time arguing with a person that uses playable content as an example of why they can add an uneeded feature just to save him a few minutes of game play. I'll toss him on other ignore shelf with the others that can't grasp the difference between adding actual content than stuff like this.

Yes I use an addon in WoW and that means I understand the difference that they would make. They are a nice feature. However in WoW when you are assembling a raid and you want a player to change his spec from say dps to healer you can't very well expect possibly 40 players to wait around. It is hard enough to get some raids to begin with. in d3 our spec really does not matter unless you play the lame zdps game for the carry. If you do you are already running a build for that. Then of course D3 has no actuall raids.

In WoW our spec actually matters. There is a need for dps, healing and tanking that is at the heart of the game. Can you play a tank in D3. can you control the aggro to do so. can you actually heal a member of the group using selective heal. NO. You swapping a build is a convienence given by D3's dynamic ability to do so. An ability they also take a lot of hate for when people compare it to D2. It is not an mmo but a simple hack and slash that we bought and have played for three years.

Blizzard has been great in supporting d3, a game that anyone owning ros has not contributed a dime to since they purchased it. Their time is better spent developing decks in hearthstone or new skins and builds in hots. Games that actually contribute to the bottom line with features that generate revenue. Yet they continue to support D3. New content can draw new people QoL only placates those here already. If they want to quit because it takes a few minutes to swap builds let them do so.

If they ever add this feature i'll use it gladly but to be clear they owe this community nothing at this point. I know some will dispute that but if they feel that way let them find another game. The steam life support has hundreds of game that have never even see an update.

Can't waste anymore time arguing with a person that uses playable content as an example of why they can add an uneeded feature just to save him a few minutes of game play. I'll toss him on other ignore shelf with the others that can't grasp the difference between adding actual content than stuff like this.

At the end of the day it is up to blizzard to do what they feel is right. If adding this is one of those things well then great. This feature has been addressed and asked for many time. Aruging the pros and cons is wasted time. It really does not matter what we say past offering the idea to blizzard.

Can't waste anymore time arguing with a person that uses adding playable content as an example of why they can add an uneeded feature just to save him a few minutes of game play. I'll toss him on other ignore shelf with the others that can't grasp the difference between adding actual content than stuff like this.
02/27/2016 08:08 AMPosted by DeadRu
I use an addon in wow to swap gear. Yiu ask why it is fine there but not in D3,. Well WoW was developed from the round up to use LUA to support addons. It is an mmo that I pay 15.00 a month to play . like I said when was the last time you spent a dime on D3.

So you get a QoL enhancement just because you pay a monthly subscription? Not even you can be this stupid, seriously.

Besides, LUA isn't required to implement interface changes.If your demonstrably fallacious argument was actually valid, stuff like the cube, the recent update to buff timers and the somewhat minor, but much appreciated cube powers marker wouldn't have been possible, just to name a few. However, they're there, laughing at you and your glaringly uninformed opinions and tacitly acknowledging you're just pulling random crap out of your !@# to justify opposing to a suggestion just for the heck of it, because you have no arguments to defend your position.
lol Yes now lets compare adding a frivolius idea to actual playable content. Reallly why sould blizzard invest thata kind of development into a game simply because your're to lazy or don't want to bothor to swap builds. A game that you or nobody else has put a penny in since buying ros.

So you would rather play in frustrated state, doing things the hard way rather than wishing there could be a better way? Suit yourself.

Paying a subscription misses the point.
LUA is completely irrelevant.

The reason why players use Outfitter or other similar addons like it is because it is a time saving feature. One click and you swap items automatically.

The reason players would like something like that for D3 is because it is a time saving feature.

You are asking a lot for nothing, and that lot is not required for the game to function.

The justification for the gear swap is:

02/04/2016 02:55 PMPosted by Monstrous
with the increasing number of builds and activities we also run into the frustrating issue of changing our gear, skills, and even Paragon when we decide we want to switch from one activity to another.

That's not nothing. If anything, it may help promote build diversity.

What are you looking for a one click feature in the game so you can spend the time saved whining in the forum.

My whining must be irritating to you; no wonder you don't want this gear swap feature.

At the same time, you (inadvertently?) admit it is a time saving feature, WHICH IS EXACTLY THE POINT.

As the OP says:

02/04/2016 02:55 PMPosted by Monstrous
Wouldn't it be nice to quickly switch our gear and skills with just one button?

Can't waste anymore time arguing with a person that uses adding playable content as an example of why they can add an uneeded feature just to save him a few minutes of game play. I'll toss him on other ignore shelf with the others that can't grasp the difference between adding actual content than stuff like this.

No, you've given up because you cannot put forward solid arguments to support your case.
Up!
Bump. This is a great idea! :D
How has this not been implemented already? It would eliminate the need have multiple characters and an excessive amount of stash tabs.
This plus all mats as currency type and all items take one cell in the inventory would be the greatest QOL improvement in D3's UI history.
This is a great idea - it'd take away the somewhat ridiculous need of having multiple heroes just to change sets.
We need a blue on this post now !!
Bump. This needs to be in the game by 2.5. We're not asking for much.
We're not asking for much here. And it is a huge quality of life improvement. It needs to be in the game by 2.5.
Three tabs sounds reasonable. You can't do unlimited, because it's extra item space. But three sounds like the most fun. And that's what the game is about.

I think it shouldn't be a click. I want to be able to bind it to something. F1 "Tab to spec 1". Items, skills, passives, paragon. *runs and grabs a legenadry across the map* F2 " tab to spec 2." *slaying mode*
this would be an amazing idea, i remember keeping random extra gear in the real life auction house cuz space was so limited. 5 tabs would be perfect via different main setswhich is normally 3-4 different ones/and say 1 rare setup depending on the char type. itd kill all the space all the different setups that clog up 95% of stash space, and would drop the constant char changes on the already limited ammount of them. Maybe add in a chest for materials gems and jewels cuz they eat up least a tab or two as well. and add in trading in the game as well everyone enjoyed it in d2 d1 and even the council version of this game has trading .......... not just for chars that are in game. or make it so u can trade with friends on your list and people that were in game only always thought that taking trading with friends that werent in game was the most moronic thing to do in a hack n slash game ..
Guys, we can't let this fall off the front page. We need more comments and upvotes. This is a realistic change we are asking for. Chime in people plzzzz
if blizz allowed unlimited "swaps" as in unlimited setups..

it would certainly go a long way to addressing stash space..
I would upvote this 1000 times if I could. Would make life so much simpler being able to instantly swap between builds, not to mention the savings in storage space. However, you need to include Kanai's Cube powers in the swap as well as the paragon points, gear and skills....
03/14/2016 01:13 AMPosted by BRAVEHEART67
I would upvote this 1000 times if I could. Would make life so much simpler being able to instantly swap between builds, not to mention the savings in storage space. However, you need to include Kanai's Cube powers in the swap as well as the paragon points, gear and skills....

i agree the powers should be implemented into it as well , along with skills/gear , paragon points dont normally differ in different builds but would be a good feature if it could be added
More comments and votes or it likely won't get in the game. We need to show blizzard we want this.