Difficulty of Sprinter/Speed Racer Conquest

General Discussion
The sprinter and speed racer conquests refer to completing acts I-V in under an hour in softcore and hardcore, respectively. I wonder if it makes sense to makes this conquest easier by increasing the time. In total, 132 earned sprinter in season 1, 92 in season 3, and to date ~430 in season 5. The vast majority of people who earned this achievement played in groups (i.e., Few solo players have completed this conquest to date in any season).
It's really easy if you're playing a monk, WW barb, and probably any DH build with vault. All of the speedrun achievements are easy if you're actaully playing to achieve those times.
I tried it solo with my perma-steed build, skipping all cutscenes, just kill the bosses etc. I was pretty lucky finding the right ways... I failed with 20 min... :|
Thats was the first and only try...
02/08/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Montresor
It's really easy if you're playing a monk, WW barb, and probably any DH build with vault. All of the speedrun achievements are easy if you're actaully playing to achieve those times.

He's talking about the seasonal conquest where you have to do every act (1-5) in under one hour total (average of 20 mins an act). I'm assuming you are talking about the achievement to do one act in one hour. If not, then you clearly haven't tried it.

I tried this solo but only made it through A4. For solo you need amazing luck, a solid state drive, and an illegal map overlay. I agree that this conquest is a bit unreasonable. Maybe if there was the option to remove all the story elements where you have to sit there and wait.
02/08/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Montresor

The facts argue otherwise. There are less than 35 "solo" people who have completed the sprinter achievement in total for seasons 1, 3 and 5 combined. Some of these were not "solo" runs. For example, it team members drop out before Maltheal, it would only list those who were there the whole time. Also, someone would be listed as a "solo" person if their teammates completed it in an earlier group.

Even if all 35 runs were truly solo, this is a really small number and it's not really easy as you suggest.

02/08/2016 12:16 PMPosted by BulkFuel
He's talking about the seasonal conquest where you have to do every act (1-5) in under one hour total (average of 20 mins an act).

Its actually 12 minutes per act ;-)
Could be possible with angry chicken, but not for me because my load screens are too long. I personally don't even think it's possible solo, unless someone has footage.
Losing time each instance you need to return to town is the killer.

I doubt it's possible solo as well. I think you can save at least 15 minutes by simply having another party member with you waiting in town to do the talk sequences while you travel to the next area.
what is the lowest tier this can be done on?
01/17/2017 07:46 PMPosted by xXWargasmXx
what is the lowest tier this can be done on?

Normal, Difficulty is irrelevant.
I'm gonna try this solo in the next days to see how it goes, probably with WD chicken set + speed gear in each slot.
01/17/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Michel
I'm gonna try this solo in the next days to see how it goes, probably with WD chicken set + speed gear in each slot.

Tried it yet?
EDIT: Damn, huge necro. Didn't realize, whoops!

I've tried it solo on monk, DH, wizard, and WD. My DH, wizard, and WD times are all pretty consistently about 65 minutes.

Monk is the only class I've been able to solo it on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6nJFB0nPg

But it's actually fairly straightforward with a dash monk if you know what you are doing. The season I solo'd it I did 12 practice runs before the season started. I never reset any of those runs, even if I got the third crypt etc. And I succeeded all 12 of those runs in a row, with times between 54 and 59 minutes.

It's much harder to solo on other classes. There are videos of solo DH and solo WD runs on youtube for sure though. I think it's possible on wizard, and I'm going to keep trying to do it on wizard. I tend to make at least some mistakes though, and a solo monk run is much more forgiving of mistakes than a solo wizard run. But I've got nothing but time on my hands and no interest paragon grinding this season, so we'll see :)

02/08/2016 11:44 AMPosted by MicroRNA
I wonder if it makes sense to makes this conquest easier by increasing the time.

I get what you are saying, but 1 hour is a nice round time. Maybe instead of making the time limit longer, they could shorten some of the lengthy bits of talking or waiting for someone to slowly walk to a door or waiting for a ram to break down a door that you aren't able to skip.
Trying to do this conquest just makes me realize how poorly designed the game is as a whole. Yea beat it in under an hour. good luck soloing it with all the back and forth to town and all the forced wait times for stupid lame story talking points. Forgot how bad the campaign was since ive avoided it since adventure mode was added. its just even worse when trying to do something like this where youre on a timer. i prefer to play alone. its not like anyones even advertising to do this in chat even if i wanted to group. and the limited game modes in this since they dont let us type out a name to the game like we could in diablo2. flaws all around.
Load times doom me on any class.

This is unbeatable for a great number of players. Really would be more enjoyable (and incidentally profitable) if it was a Greater Rift (any lvl) in under 1 minute. That is hard but not impossible solo, and definitely doable in 4p. Much more fun than speeding through normal sitting on load screens if you ask me. Plus you will incidentally lvl some low gems.

Above all else, Speed Racer is NOT FUN. Organizing a group and then failing after over an hour's time is the worst feeling. Tried once. Never again.

Huge fan of speed specs. Not a fan of the speed racer conquest in current form.
With the more limited amount of Conquests this season(Maybe it's just me), anyone have more advice for completing this particular event? The most promising is just be in at least a 2-man and have one person wait in town to fast-forward the quests.
Does it have to be this conquest? There are other one more beatable ones. For example I did the run a level 45 grift without any set items and beat if comfortably and I'm not a good player by any means.
03/04/2018 11:50 PMPosted by AatxeGorri
With the more limited amount of Conquests this season(Maybe it's just me), anyone have more advice for completing this particular event? The most promising is just be in at least a 2-man and have one person wait in town to fast-forward the quests.

4 people
normal difficulty
voice chat
all 4 with speed specs
need towner
look up guide
pray
03/05/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Decipher
03/04/2018 11:50 PMPosted by AatxeGorri

4 people
normal difficulty
voice chat
all 4 with speed specs
need towner
look up guide
pray

The only time you need to pray is solo. With 4 players speed spec'd, if you know the campaign even a little bit, you should be fine. The only time I've ever really had difficulty with this was Season 1, back before most of the classes got massive speed buffs (and when I was learning this). This season, I've done the conquest several times, and helped several people, and time ranged anywhere from 49 minutes to 55 minutes. And all of these runs had massive mistakes.

Starlite's Sprinter Guide should also help: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752439891

The main issues come from people who don't know what they're doing. This includes runners as well as townies. One of the more overlooked aspects is that a townie can screw the whole team. They just view it as running to the next spot, and it's only a few seconds here and there. If they're not positioned exactly where they need to be though, those few seconds can add up to about 10-15 minutes of extra time over the course of a run.

Don't just try to be carried through this, learn your role. The great thing about this conquest is that once you know what to do, this becomes a ridiculously easy conquest for future seasons, as you don't need good gear, you just need gear, and has one of the lowest time investments of any of the conquests Diablo 3 has had.
I was going to call you to this thread BehindTimes.... :)
03/05/2018 11:40 AMPosted by homerjnick
I was going to call you to this thread BehindTimes.... :)

Well, I fully admit the console version is much harder with the act transition bug as well as not being able to skip certain long diatribes.