New level of insolence

General Discussion
You guys have all this frustration and your only real conduit for expressing it is this tan on brown text that doesn't allow you to truly vent your frustrations away. You can't yell. You can't get in anyone's face. I bet that sucks.

You know what you can do? Quit playing the damn game and move on rather than sitting here complaining about no one listening while no one is listening. See the irony and idiocy?
+1 to everything you said, OP.

I'd request a sticky but I got beaten to the punch lol.
02/09/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Mekkolb
You guys have all this frustration and your only real conduit for expressing it is this tan on brown text that doesn't allow you to truly vent your frustrations away. You can't yell. You can't get in anyone's face. I bet that sucks.

You know what you can do? Quit playing the damn game and move on rather than sitting here complaining about no one listening while no one is listening. See the irony and idiocy?

Yep, we can do that, but we won't because it's cathartic and it bothers people like you, who fruitlessly complain about other people complaining.

See the irony and idiocy?

When you have been in a relationship for years, and then one day the other person starts leaving the toilet seat up, do you break up with them on the spot? Or do you try and initiate conversation with the person and share your frustrations in an attempt to come to a mature resolution?

In the same way, those of us who love the game but are experienced enough to see its flaws won't sit idly by and let something they care about die off because of neglect or developer stupidity. We don't complain because we don't care; if I stopped caring, you'd stop seeing me post stuff and my profile would go inactive. No goodbye post, no venting, I'd just disappear. Those of you who know me from this forum know that I'm a very dedicated and experienced player, but you probably haven't noticed that my posting frequency has gone down dramatically. This game isn't heading in the right direction. Power creep after power creep does not a game make, and these devs don't seem to understand a lot of the core issues with the game. Diversity is in shambles. Sets are massively overpowered. Class balance is atrocious. 99% of legendaries that aren't set pieces are junk. Caldessanne requires an abhorrent amount of farming to make use of it (this is coming from a guy who farmed for kridershot in 2.1 for over 250 hours and never found it, but didn't even get mad.)

Ignoring a game's issues is not the correct way to fanboy. Ignoring issues is neglect.
02/09/2016 12:47 PMPosted by GooberKid

Yep, we can do that, but we won't because it's cathartic and it bothers people like you, who fruitlessly complain about other people complaining.

Actually, no. For the points you raised about me complaining about you guys !@#$%ing all the time, it will be a two-way communication, therefore, no irony, but admittedly, tons of idiocy in realizing how ignorant you guys are as to the futility of what you all write.

For your complaining to Blizzard....you won't get a response so, therefore, idiocy, and when your complaints are about your complaints going unanswered, irony, too.

In the same way, those of us who love the game but are experienced enough to see its flaws won't sit idly by and let something they care about die off because of neglect or developer stupidity..

You don't love this game, you love the romanticized notion in your head of what the Diablo franchise use to be. Therefore, you are hopeful and naive. Naive to think that anyone at Blizzard is going to care one single bit about anything you guys have to say.
How long before the devs get off of their high horse is a mystery in itself. God forbid you voice your opinion constructively around here, you will just get ignored or possibly have your thread deleted even though nothing negative or something posted in it was against the ToS and be banned for a week.

Yeah, that happened recently. The thread I made 'If I Could Salvage D3", which consisted of a long-winded post full of ideas to fix the game was deleted and I was banned for a week. And this happened months AFTER I had posted it, that just goes to show how up to date they are with things around here, and how far their arrogance has grown. Well, sorry if I made a better game in a forum post then you physically made and destroyed for going on 4 years now.
+1

While there have been a lot of positive changes to the game there have been just as many bad. And on top of it all there remains a lot of bad in the game the is left ignored at the expense of new bad ideas.

Imaging if the resources wasted on the pointless set dungeons were used for something useful in game that needs some love:

- better stash space design
- reworked ubers
- better bounty system
- better design of paragon system
- better design / less bugs in every fraking monk set
- reason to run campaign mode
- better balancing between solo and team games

And on and on.

There are so many things that are underutilized in game that need tlc. Wasting resources on what will end up as yet another underutilized mode is just silly.
I have enjoyed this game since release. I have followed Twitter, Reddit, and various pod casters the entire time. I even spend time watching twitch streamers.

The devs HAVE taken many suggestions the players have put forward, and discussed why many others would not work. I would also imagine that there are even more changes coming down the pipe that players have suggested, but are being tied into a specific season or expansion for timing reasons.

OP, stop being a small minded idiot. Just because you don't like something, or the game releases a feature you asked for them NOT to do, does not mean it's not welcome by MANY others. These forums represent a fraction of the playerbase, and even it is divided.
02/09/2016 12:47 PMPosted by GooberKid

Actually, no. For the points you raised about me complaining about you guys !@#$%ing all the time, it will be a two-way communication, therefore, no irony, but admittedly, tons of idiocy in realizing how ignorant you guys are as to the futility of what you all write.

For your complaining to Blizzard....you won't get a response so, therefore, idiocy, and when your complaints are about your complaints going unanswered, irony, too.

In the same way, those of us who love the game but are experienced enough to see its flaws won't sit idly by and let something they care about die off because of neglect or developer stupidity..

You don't love this game, you love the romanticized notion in your head of what the Diablo franchise use to be. Therefore, you are hopeful and naive. Naive to think that anyone at Blizzard is going to care one single bit about anything you guys have to say.

Saying we are just spouting romantic nonsense is silly. I have never played a Diablo game before this. It doesn't take anything but common sense and open mindedness to see the critical flaws with the game.

Now, I agree with you that 90% of the stuff on this forum is junk; random QQ, sometimes about nothing at all, or about stupid things that are clearly not happening (like offline mode or PVP - not that those things wouldn't be nice, they're just not happening at this point). But the remaining 10% is entirely valid and entirely ignored by blizzard. I'm no business expert, but ignoring your player base and making people quit is not a terribly good way to sell sequels or expansions.
Insulting the person you are trying to sway to your line of thinking... doesn't usually go down smooth like root beer floats.
02/09/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Silicon
communication with player base is, by and large... one sided, and infrequent
(and, really.. hard to call it communication as that, to me, requires both sides to be able to exchange info and ideas)

also ... probably should repost this on twitter and reddit, because we all know they read stuff on their official forums.... right?

yea, i know... /bitter
sigh.

Yes .. the near daily tweets, reports, blogs, podcast interviews ... all very infrequent ...

Just because the devs do not want to join in discussions with irate and wildly abusive fans does not mean they are hard to communicate with ... maybe it's YOU that are hard to communicate with!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Saying we are just spouting romantic nonsense is silly. I have never played a Diablo game before this. It doesn't take anything but common sense and open mindedness to see the critical flaws with the game.

Now, I agree with you that 90% of the stuff on this forum is junk; random QQ, sometimes about nothing at all, or about stupid things that are clearly not happening (like offline mode or PVP - not that those things wouldn't be nice, they're just not happening at this point). But the remaining 10% is entirely valid and entirely ignored by blizzard. I'm no business expert, but ignoring your player base and making people quit is not a terribly good way to sell sequels or expansions.

They can ride on the reputation of the franchise for 10 more years and release terrible games and the player base would still eat it up. The entire D3 community, my self included, are to blame for continuing to enable what happened with D3 because we sat around and hoped the game would receive better support. Hopeful that someone at Blizzard would say "damn guys, we're dropping the ball" (very similar to how Yoshi P did with Final Fantasy 14, if you're familiar with that story)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-18-naoki-yoshida-final-fantasys-world-saviour

You're ignored during the PTR, or worse, replied to with empty promises only to see the real changes that need to be incorporated not present when the patches go live. But yet, you still play.

Then, when Blizzard does actually change/"improve" something, you hang on to that one thread thinking that it was something they got from player feedback that sparked it. In reality, they were going to make that change anyways and just played it up to make it seem like they were responsive to something the players said.

You guys are playing a visually amazing game (I've always given them credit for that), but you are also playing a game that has received 1/2-assed support as soon as that real money-AH shut down.
The devs HAVE responded to many stupid suggestions the players have put forward, and discussed why many others would not work in an illogical sense. I would also imagine that there are even more stupid changes coming down the pipe that the devs have warped from community feedback, but are being tied into a specific season or expansion for timing reasons.

FTFY
What's ironic and hilasious is other players give feedback on the crying and get downvoted for it. Just like in this thread.

It boils down to you want to be pandered to, you think your feedback is better than everyone else's and !@#$ blizzard for not doing what you want them too.

It's blizzard's game. You will play it how they want. They listen to feedback but they are under no obligation to do what you suggest. That's reality.

In a world filled with countless games, you're better off finding one that fits what you want intead of trying to force the devs to change the game for you.
Oh wow, that devs set dungeon post felt like another spit in the face.

What the hell is wrong with those guys?
Lol.
In fairness; I think the devs are probably good coders. It's the implementation that is problematic. They are clueless about how it affects the game. They just don't get it. They have absolutely no gaming sense. They need to hire a gaming consultant that has to sign off on all their patches.

The clearly don't understand the feedback (if they even bother to read it) from the PTR. Why even waste time on it.

Maybe it's time to rotate some devs from other Blizzard projects over to Diablo and rotate the current devs to other projects. Diablo needs fresh eyes.
02/09/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Fragbait
Lol.
In fairness; I think the devs are probably good coders. It's the implementation that is problematic. They are clueless about how it affects the game. They just don't get it. They have absolutely no gaming sense. They need to hire a gaming consultant that has to sign off on all their patches.

The clearly don't understand the feedback (if they even bother to read it) from the PTR. Why even waste time on it.

Maybe it's time to rotate some devs from other Blizzard projects over to Diablo and rotate the current devs to other projects. Diablo needs fresh eyes.

Blizzard will have my respect again when they figure out how to adapt to the philosophy of finding out fundamentally what the players (as a collective) want and then begin working towards giving it to them. Rather than the current philosophy of telling the players what their going to get and it not being remotely close to what they want.

I think they're lacking a strong leader to make that transition though.
02/09/2016 01:50 PMPosted by Keith
What's ironic and hilasious is other players give feedback on the crying and get downvoted for it. Just like in this thread.

It boils down to you want to be pandered to, you think your feedback is better than everyone else's and !@#$ blizzard for not doing what you want them too.

It's blizzard's game. You will play it how they want. They listen to feedback but they are under no obligation to do what you suggest. That's reality.

In a world filled with countless games, you're better off finding one that fits what you want intead of trying to force the devs to change the game for you.

Slinging personal insults isn't "feedback on feedback", it's pointless and serves no function in a constructive conversation. Is there pointless QQ? Yes. Are there also legitimate issues with the game that are not bred of people feeling entitled to things? Also yes.
Lol.

A very good assessment, I'd say.

It does feel like those people there are COMPLETELY clueless. They get hundreds of ideas, some of those are simply BRILLIANT. The community practically does all the work for them. Some of those ideas seem ridiculously easy to implement, some are even simple number tweaks. They get 20-page long thread on the PTR forum, started day one, that Akkhan rework is sloppy, and they still push their first implementation of Akkhan's rework as final, even though NOTHING under the sun indicates that it's even remotely OK (nobody plays Akkhan, there are no Akkhan users on PTR leaderboards, people complain about it on PTR boards, et cetera). I prefer to believe that this is cluelessness, and not incompetence or cynicism.
02/09/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Mekkolb
Lol.

Blizzard will have my respect again when they figure out how to adapt to the philosophy of finding out fundamentally what the players (as a collective) want and then begin working towards giving it to them. Rather than the current philosophy of telling the players what their going to get and it not being remotely close to what they want.

I think they're lacking a strong leader to make that transition though.

Just because someone posts on the forums does not mean they know what the player base wants, especially as only a small number of players actually take the time to post on the forums. If Blizzard is so bad at figuring out what people want, then how do they keep selling games? How have they made a game that people keep playing? What works for a small part of the community does not necessarily work for the community as a whole.