Is it just me or is the game no longer as fun as it was

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
02/13/2016 08:59 AMPosted by Algestes
I kinda miss vanilla, (never really thought i'd say that.) RoS was great for the first 2 or 3 weeks, but that was mostly due to the newness of it. I'm not saying RoS is bad, there's plenty of people who enjoy it and that's okay, i just don't. It's fun to kill some time and mess around on but vanilla felt more like Diablo than RoS does now.

I mean sure vanilla was kinda bad in it's own right, and i'm really happy the AH is gone. The bad thing is we went from one extreme to the next. Right now we have so many anti Diablo mechanics like mobs getting diminishing returns and cc immunity, i mean come on that doesn't belong in the Diablo series.

One of the things i really miss is the builds. We could run wild with stuff like CM Wizard spammnig cc for days.

Maybe it's just nostalgia.

+1

I quit after blizzard stole that passive out from under me. I paid for the game just like everyone else and we got royally screwed with what the removal of that passive. It's not like we even had a choice either, if it was possible i'd still play pre-ROS patches since they were much better than the game currently is today. What blizzard did was theft and I'm surprised they are allowed to do it. If Honda sold you an 6 cyl car and a year later decided that it wasn't what they wanted and forced you to switch to their 4cyl model you'd be furious sue, but games have different rights so instead we just have to accept the loss and never buy another blizzard game again.
02/15/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Angel
I kinda miss vanilla, (never really thought i'd say that.) RoS was great for the first 2 or 3 weeks, but that was mostly due to the newness of it. I'm not saying RoS is bad, there's plenty of people who enjoy it and that's okay, i just don't. It's fun to kill some time and mess around on but vanilla felt more like Diablo than RoS does now.

I mean sure vanilla was kinda bad in it's own right, and i'm really happy the AH is gone. The bad thing is we went from one extreme to the next. Right now we have so many anti Diablo mechanics like mobs getting diminishing returns and cc immunity, i mean come on that doesn't belong in the Diablo series.

One of the things i really miss is the builds. We could run wild with stuff like CM Wizard spammnig cc for days.

+1

I quit after blizzard stole that passive out from under me. I paid for the game just like everyone else and we got royally screwed with what the removal of that passive. It's not like we even had a choice either, if it was possible i'd still play pre-ROS patches since they were much better than the game currently is today. What blizzard did was theft and I'm surprised they are allowed to do it. If Honda sold you an 6 cyl car and a year later decided that it wasn't what they wanted and forced you to switch to their 4cyl model you'd be furious sue, but games have different rights so instead we just have to accept the loss and never buy another blizzard game again.

Right, if you had gear worth billions of gold, you could play that build.

Pay to play is not fun IMO, however.
@Jumpman Yes, too much power creep. I've watched this game change over the years since beta, then launch, all the way up till now. When it comes to power creep, the struggle has always been real.

IMO, the devs were on the right track with a lot of their early ideas, but instead of tweaking them toward a more character-oriented path, they went down a more "over the top" ARGP path. Would like to have seen the game end up more like a real-time version of X-Com Enemy Within, where the gear you equip on your character changes their functionality and role, rather than simply boosting killing power.

I'm quite pleased with patch 2.4, in theory, but the game itself still doesn't quite feel "right", somehow.
Yeah, really seems like not implementing PvP had these very long term negative consequences. For me, the longevity in Diablo 2 was the PvP. Not the mindless runs and cow levels. The latter is basically D3.

I think a lot of the state of the game was what the forum asked for. The problem started when the forum asked for an end game. They gave us an end game. Not that one we wanted, but we asked for an end game. They keep trying to give us more end game activities too.

I think they used to nerf items a lot harder than they do now. The forum used to be filled with angry posts about nerfs. Now they just increase numbers across the board so no one gets the idea anything was nerfed. That inevitably leads to power creep. Add in that new stat augmenting recipe, and you needed players to be able to go higher in GR anyway.

The developers are clearly listening. They seem to be trying to come up with more end game activities since the current ones become boring. Those activities will never match what human opponents can provide in PvP though. In my opinion, this may have been a lot simpler for the developers if they had just implemented PvP in the first place.
02/10/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Fauxlivia
The game is leaps and bounds ahead of the pile of !@#$ Jay Wilson (%^-* that loser!) handed us.

Does the game still have issues? Yes! Big ones!

The problem is, many of us remember Blizzard North and still expect that kind of quality. Blizzard North is gone.

Look at it another way. We bought a Smart car...

or a frakkin' powder blue prius

Please dont
You sound burnt out. Stop playing for a bit, or make a new character and focus on pushing personal grift goals with fun builds. When I clear a lowly 55 with my Crus it's fun because I actually enjoy the Roland's build. As compared to endlessly grinding to get tiny improvements on my DH.
02/15/2016 08:54 AMPosted by Anwar
02/11/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Rageypoo
Really? Sheesh, so sad. I bet if this game had pay and play features it would have been added a long time ago.

Well they got rid of pay to play when the RMAH was removed...

And the lack of an auction house has removed the extra funds that could have made the game last for a decade. Right now the game has slown down so much to that its getting closed to loosing all of its support from blizzard and activison. The fact that bots/turbohud/d3helper users are being or ignored and are allowed to continue to cheat shows that activison has given up on this game.

Activison has done this before with games they dropped support for, just look at the cod series on the Xbox 360, Spam/cheating golar and activison stopped acting. The lack of an AH might actually be the end to Diablo 3 considering that blizzard lost 75% of the vanilla playerbase who never bought ROS proves that a second expansion is highly unlikely since ROS failed to entice the majority of Diablo fans to return.
Yep, it's not fun anymore. What did u expect? D3 is slowly dying, a lot of people quit and the population playing right now is minor compared to most online games. The forums are pretty much alive though. Nice Gaming :D

Players return every 3 months for a week or two and then most of them disappear again. I have a feeling that the game will be buried one day if the devs won't start paying attention to it and working more. 3 months per season? Are you friggin kidding me? They clearly have very little passion coming up with creative and frequent patches even if they would be smaller. Feels like the devs are gone to Hawaii for a vacation after every patch for 2.5 months. On return they just raise the dmg numbers of sets judging by most of the patches that are very similar and boring.

Also, there were a lot of posts about bugs since the PTR but those are STILL not fixed. I even written some posts myself about bugs I encountered. Guess what? I was never even answered. They barely care... Professional development eh?

Let's hope they are intensively working on an XPAC. If we don't get a good XPAC this year probably I'm done with this mockery of a franchise although it will hurt my heart as a Diablo fan who was there since D1. Too much time invested with little joy hoping that it will become a good game one day, sadly it goes even further downhills.
02/17/2016 06:16 AMPosted by Aleks
Yep, it's not fun anymore. What did u expect? D3 is slowly dying, a lot of people quit and the population playing right now is minor compared to most online games. The forums are pretty much alive though. Nice Gaming :D

Players return every 3 months for a week or two and then most of them disappear again. I have a feeling that the game will be buried one day if the devs won't start paying attention to it and working more. 3 months per season? Are you friggin kidding me? They clearly have very little passion coming up with creative and frequent patches even if they would be smaller. Feels like the devs are gone to Hawaii for a vacation after every patch for 2.5 months. On return they just raise the dmg numbers of sets judging by most of the patches that are very similar and boring.

Also, there were a lot of posts about bugs since the PTR but those are STILL not fixed. I even written some posts myself about bugs I encountered. Guess what? I was never even answered. They barely care... Professional development eh?

Let's hope they are intensively working on an XPAC. If we don't get a good XPAC this year probably I'm done with this mockery of a franchise although it will hurt my heart as a Diablo fan who was there since D1. Too much time invested with little joy hoping that it will become a good game one day, sadly it goes even further downhills.

The chances of an expansion happening are about the same chances we have of getting all the botters/turbohud/d3helper users perma-banned from D3. When ever activison allows the bots to run rampet in their games it means the support for them is gone. For example, just look at the old cod series on the 360 and you'll know what I mean. Since cheaters are not being punished it's pretty much a good indicator that activison cut the cord on the support for this game.

Let's say they did make one, blizzard/activison knows that A second expansion would have worse sales than ROS had. ROS's success was based solely on the idea that the game will improve because of a new dev team. Over the history of the patches this dev team actually made the game worse than vanilla was (the ones here may not agree, but the low sales numbers are the proof). Vanilla sold 75% more copies than ROS and because of that low player retention rate they are highly unlikely to make another especially since Diablo has changed so much from its roots to a WOW copy with Diablo theme most of the hardcore fans up and left and won't ever come back.

These dev's did right by removing AH but slapped all the original Diablo fans in the face by making the game BOA. It was punishment for removing blizzards extra income and that alone is the sole reason why this game won't get a second expansion. I bet the AH made more for them than the first expansion did and he AH didn't cost them much in labor. Basically the people who demanded the AH to be removed killed the chance of a second expansion ever seeing the light of day. Blizzard promised us two expansions and we should have had the second by now Thats basically a activison telling this "you took away your expansion income by demanding the AH to be removed, so blizzard canceled the second expansion in secret". Cause and effect basically explains it all.

If bots were banned like they should be instead of being ignored then I'd probably expect a second expansion but based on activisons history with their games it's safe to say this games support is dead. They couldn't even get the big fixes fixed from the ptr going live! That its so sad.
Paragon levels should never have given us stats that can be found on items, and should have had a cap on how much you could boost your main damage stat. Every level should have given a fixed number of points that could be spent on "nodes" that would change, boost, or twist specific skills to really open up builds for the player base. Even stuff like "X element damage becomes Y element damage" would make a big difference. You like the idea of Firebird but you love lightning skills? There you go.
You can site limited experience levels at the previous T6 cap but they should have seen the immense potential for game breaking powercreep when they designed the current paragon system.

Not at all. I preferred Vanilla too. Just like you said, vanilla had its flaws but the major flaws were related to the AH and drops being to low. All they had to do was remove the RMAH, and buff the drop rates and the game would have drastically improved; instead, these developers tried to re-invent Diablo into a new series that has failed miserably with its BOA, Anti-trading, Anti Crowd Control philosophy. Vanilla was defiantly more like diablo than ROS is.

Can you sit back and remember the last time that you really said

"Yes" a legendary dropped
"OMG this Rare is to OP"
"OMG a mepho! the grind finally paid off! This is worth alot"
Who wants to trade 6CC Mempho for LS Echoing Fury?

I definitely cant. Ever since ROS that reward aspect of the game (Loot = Excitement) has been removed. Now its completely diluted and the only way the dev's can think about bring it back is to force you to re-farm the same legs you once had. (first it was ancients, now its Skill %, whats next... Super Ancients? then Super Duper Ancients?)

What happened to the old philosophy that once you find that Epic "SOJ" or "Shacko" that it never changed or became obsolete? The difficulty system has turned into a "Horror" story of extreme levels that is so stupid you have to ask your self who is really designing this game? 12 year old's or 40 year old's....

The way i see it this series now is like this (Diablo 1 < or = Diablo 2 > D3 Vanilla < ROS) whereas ROS is worse than D1 in regards to being a true diablo game. Right now this game is WOW with a diablo theme.

Honestly the only thing these dev's have going for them is the fact that in order to play D3 you have to play online 100% of the time which forces users to play the new patches. If we could play offline most would revert back to older patches in a heart beat. The sole reasoning for always online was to stop hacking and guess what? In ROS its way worse than it was in Vanilla. At least in vanilla the only thing it effected was the economy (which helped you get better items for cheaper) but in ROS botting is about gaining 50-100% more DPS over the people who don't cheat.

J-wilson may have gotten the AH/drop rates wrong, but for the most part he at had more (diablo) in D3 Vanilla than ROS currently has. ROS is a literally transforming into wow patch by patch. Set dungeons are an example of Wow taking over, and this is the reason why diablo is failing. Diablo just isn't diablo anymore when your characters progression/loot reward is deleted with each new patch. Thats not even including the deletion of previous builds and forced build dictatorship that these dev's have forced on the community. I used to hate what J-wilson's team did to the game and thought to myself "Any dev team is better than this"; However, i couldn't have been more wrong. The current development team went ahead and Doubled it. but to me I actually wish J was still working on D3... The Atrocity that we have today is far worse than vanilla.

That's why I quit. I pad for features that came with ROS and blizzard decided that I no longer deserved them and took them away and in order to get more features to compliment the lost features I must pay $40 more for another version of the game that's not crippled. At least Diablo 2 kept the expansion and non-expansion seperate. Blizzard should be ashamed at how they treated vanilla players! No wonder 70+% of the original vanilla buys never bought ROS. You don't sel us a product then delete stuff from it later.

If I bought a civic and Honda decided to remove the heater and A/c the following year because they feel like I'm we should not lover get to have an advantage over the outside air people would sue Honda over it. I'm surprised that video games are allow to do this. Even though the AH was a bad idea from the start they should have only removed the RMAH since the version i bought (1.00) has a box that states an AH on it. Now I have 1.0 discs that are completely useless since I can't even play the original game offline. The greediness is real strong with this one, so much for always online being required to stop cheaters. Look how that turned out.

I bet blizzard would have sold more copies of they kept Diablo more like Diablo and kept the gold ah along with trade while increasing drop rates. The current drop rates are so high the game ends in 20 hours. Just look how fast someone reaches grift 60+ on season 5, it was less than a day. The ARPG aspect of Diablo has been deleted. At least j Wilson tried to keep the game more like Diablo than a wow copy.
02/09/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Jumpman
That's the reason J-wilson's team decided to not do skill tree's and skill points, so instead of continuing with the way the game was originally designed the new developers decided to take the short cut and make people feel like the game is actually professing with an artificial endless game mode. If they truly wanted us to re-do characters they would have also remade the skill tree's system and stat point distribution system., but instead they didnt touch that and still went ahead with Seasons.

It is silly to say that they must have skill trees/points along with assignable stat points in order for seasons to exist. That is crazy by any stretch of the imagination.

At the very least non-seasons should get ways to gain the stash tabs, even if it took twice as much time (100hours) its still giving us a c

I can agree with that even though the devs has chosen that only a certain number of players can have the seventh tab. Just wait the eight tab will be so hard to earn that it will only be gotten by a small subset of those that get tab seven. The same will be for tabs 9 and 10. Till about only 10 to around 100,000 have all 10 tabs (I am being generous with 100,000, more likely it will be around 50,000) worldwide.

Even though they have made certain builds that are the strongest builds in the game. Even though those strong builds might be at times unintentional still does not mean they are the only builds to play. I ought to know I don't play the strongest builds in the game. One reason is because some just don't suit my play style. Others I just don't like the skills of certain classes.
Posted by Jumpman
At the very least non-seasons should get ways to gain the stash tabs, even if it took twice as much time (100hours) its still giving us a c

completely agreed
I think it is just you OP.

I still find the game fun.

Maybe you are just done with it: it happens.
I share the feelings with you, OP!
Now, I am bored with the new patch, even I am at 860 PL!
The thing was that the game is not diversity builds as it supposed to be.
If you join a team and want to go on high GR (eg. > 75), you need exact team:

1. Wizard for damage (Only damage one)
2. Barb for health globe generation
3. WD for damage buff
4. Monk for more resistances

I do not think it was a right way to beat higher GR as team play.
If you join a team with wrong character, they will leave you as soon as possible.

Do something,don't let the game die!
Ye, same here.

My time I spend into the game become shorter and shorter from season to season.

Season 5 I played 2 week before it began to bore me.

The problem with the game is the item system in combination with BOA.

In games like POE or Diablo 2 a legendary feels rly legendary.
They dont rain down like in D3, where you get 10 legendarys after a run.

And the most important, they are worth something.
I dont mean the real money prizes on 3rd party websites, I mean worth as trading currency.

@ D2 f.e. when I crafted a "Enigma" with good stats, I knew that I can trade it for this item or that items or that rune,....
This means I can trade something that I dont need for something that I need.

And thats what motivated me to play D2 over years, even after 1.000.000 Baalruns it didnt bore me bcs of that fact.

And the 2nd thing was the LVL system.
Reaching LVL 99 was a rly hard thing and was required to bring his build to perfection.

And even than it could get hard on the highest of the 3 difficultys.

IN D3 I always reached MAX LVL @ start of the season after 4 hours or less.
And to be more easy you get a 6 set bonus after reaching 70 and complete 3 tasks with season 5. -.-

this means I facerolled T10 (max difficulty) after 12 hours this season.

To compare, @ D2 it took me 4 months to reach the maxlvl of 99 and even then I died here and there on maxlvl in a 8 player group.
Have you noticed a decrease in interest in Diablo 3 with each new patch?
Are you tired of the endless powercreep?
Are you tired of the difficulties becoming so easy you feel the need for more modes (T15)?
Are you tired of old builds becoming obsolete?
Are you tired of the endgame being about paragon?
Do you wish the difficulty system was more simple like it once was (Normal, nightmare, Hell, Inferno)

Let's assume the game was like you wanted ? what then ? no gr ? just farming endless T10 ? no challenge what so ever ?
D3 has more features than D1 and D2 combined, D3 has options, you can do campaign, achvments, GR, rift, bounty, just choose randomly any map from any act in one single game, cleaning endless waves rift after rift without the need to recreating the game, infernal machine, kadala, mystic, kanai's cube, legendary gems, cosmetics......

You guys want to "dumb" the game, make it simpler, make it boring, just like it was before RoS.
If you really think D3 is getting worst, that it is going south, than D3 is just not for you, D3 will NEVER be the same way it was and that's good.