Drops more likely for one character than another?

General Discussion
I'm dual boxing, but not using a special program to do it. I start a rift with two characters, and once the strong, well-equipped barb clears the rift, the wizard with crap gear wanders through and picks up legs and sets. Both are lvl 70.

But for some reason, it seems like the barb who is doing all the work is getting far more drops than the wizard who is just leeching. Is this to be expected? Or is the slacker wizard just really unlucky? I expected that on average, they'd get about the same loot.
Don't you have to be in a certain range to get loot drops?
02/05/2016 03:04 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

yes
02/05/2016 03:15 AMPosted by Alukat

yes

It happens even when mine are together though too, i.e if I am doing bounties and they both go to the boss but one sits and does nothing.
Everything is on average, also playing in a group (notice when you dont get it others do and vice versa?) I can do even better in this matter ;-)
I always made more characters of the same class, what doesnt drop on the other character ALWAYS drops plenty on the other and ofc vice versa!

I however never noticed anything like who did the most work gets most loot?
As long as you're in the same zone (same rift level, cave level, etc) you have the same chance at drops. It doesn't matter who does the killing. Just random luck.
02/05/2016 03:35 AMPosted by vishnu
As long as you're in the same zone (same rift level, cave level, etc) you have the same chance at drops. It doesn't matter who does the killing. Just random luck.

You do have to be in range for some things, like goblins for sure.

I have actually noticed the exact same thing as OP when I do the same as him. I was passing it off to more things than goblins you have to be in range for but that never explained the bounty boss difference.

yes

What??? This is totally false. Although my slacker wizard isn't getting as many drops, she IS getting them, and some are dropping way on the other side of a massive level.
02/05/2016 04:01 AMPosted by enchant

yes

What??? This is totally false. Although my slacker wizard isn't getting as many drops, she IS getting them, and some are dropping way on the other side of a massive level.

As the other poster pointed out you have to be on the same map - I am not 100% sure about those goblins though. Perhaps when I missed out I was on a different map.
Yes, you absolutely have to be on the same map. Same is true for the goblins. If I'm not dual boxing and see a goblin horde or bandit shrine, I always log into my other account and get a toon on that level to share.