Reforge ancient item?

Items and Crafting
For like triple/quadruple the mat cost. I'd be down with that. Yay? Nay?
Suggested multiple times, yet people railed against the idea that the reforge cost of 50 souls was just too expensive already.

I'd be for it - but only if you use an existing ancient. 4x the cost.
Since I seem to get the !@#$tiest rolls on pretty much any ancient weapon, i'd be all for it.
02/09/2016 10:31 AMPosted by Shivera
Suggested multiple times, yet people railed against the idea that the reforge cost of 50 souls was just too expensive already.

I'd be for it - but only if you use an existing ancient. 4x the cost.

Making it an ancient regardless sounds fine for 4x the cost. Less RNG that way.
After 17 rerolls to Hexing pants and not a single ancient, I am all for a way to guarantee it, no matter the cost.
lol

If they allow Ancient -> Ancient then the COST MUST BE 10x

Nothing less can be justified.
Game is to easy as is no to this suggestion....no seriously everything is handed to you almost now its sad hardly any sense of OMG I GOT IT if this got in.
I think there should be a kunai recipe which upgraded the present rolls on the item, instead of redo from 0.... Only for ancient items, this could also reset the enchant, keeping what was rerolled but allowing the player to reroll something else xD
and after that i want some icecream with a cherry on top and 10.000 $ please.

Or they could just rework/remove the affixes that can ruin items.

Also reforging should be additive, each time you reforge, the more likely it is to be ancient, even if you reforge when it's ancient already.
How about a recipe that allows you to select the item you want, its stats, the roll of the stats, and allows you to make it ancient?

Cost: 500 of each bounty material, 1000 forgotten souls.

Balanced because of the cost :^)
02/09/2016 11:22 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Game is to easy as is no to this suggestion....no seriously everything is handed to you almost now its sad hardly any sense of OMG I GOT IT if this got in.

At lower levels of play, yeah. Not when you need ancients/high rolls and augments tho. Besides even then getting specific (regular) legendaries can be a pain sometimes.
02/09/2016 11:19 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
lol

If they allow Ancient -> Ancient then the COST MUST BE 10x

Nothing less can be justified.

I somewhat agree, and I'm not against grinding because I happily do it, but multiple ancient drops of the same item can still troll you in this game. LoN is very difficult to gear optimally for, unlike the standard lawl cd/cd/cdr builds from before.
i agree that reforging an ancient is somehow dull, because of the risk of severely degrading it again.

yet i think:

a) current reforge is fine as it is, when it comes to chance getting a normal to ancient. its not supposed to be easy!

b) its terribly DUMB that you have the 90% chance to degrade it, once its ancient, to become NON ANCIENT again just for a stat reroll ...

so case a) should stay as it is. maybe they could even reduce the souls costs a bit, cause its not a definitive improvement at all, its a chance! of improvement.

in case b) whenever slotting an ancient to reroll, it should NEVER become un-ancient again. cause getting it to ancient was an investment payed high enough i guess.

yet we all should never forget ONE thing in general:

cube receipts are just a "bonus try", basically you are supposed to farm what you need! same goes for kadala everyone complains about. its BONUSROLLS, its not like in wow where you get some tokens and get what you want.
02/09/2016 11:47 AMPosted by Avendalia

At lower levels of play, yeah. Not when you need ancients/high rolls and augments tho. Besides even then getting specific (regular) legendaries can be a pain sometimes.

Need and Want are not the same thing though....a well rolled ancient is for end game grinding....they specifically called it gear for people to farm past the norm....You WANT a GG Ancient you don't NEED one and in this type of game its nice to want something b/c you then have some purpose.
cube receipts are just a "bonus try", basically you are supposed to farm what you need! same goes for kadala everyone complains about. its BONUSROLLS, its not like in wow where you get some tokens and get what you want.

Wow is an MMO. That an MMO has an easier way of getting loot sounds kind of backwards, doesn't it? Speaking of which, how does one farm a specific item? I mean, bosses and mobs dont have loot tables. Everything can drop well..everything.

02/09/2016 12:22 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Need and Want are not the same thing though....a well rolled ancient is for end game grinding....they specifically called it gear for people to farm past the norm....You WANT a GG Ancient you don't NEED one and in this type of game its nice to want something b/c you then have some purpose.

You can't seem to make up your mind. Is it a want, or do you need it for ''end game''? Because if you want to do ''end game'' then its a need. In this game it's nice to want something..if it resolves around farming/grinding..not praying to RNGesus.
02/09/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Moridin

However much I like the idea....this game was once hard. Now, this game feels like when I first got fallout 4 and instead of playing to get everything I used the console commands.

Legs drop like candy anyway (i get on average 5 to 7 per rift), so it should be no problem to farm for DB or legs.

Why does everything that to be handed out to people....Why cant people "WORK" for what they want to achieve. It's baffling.
02/09/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Avendalia

Wow is an MMO. That an MMO has an easier way of getting loot sounds kind of backwards, doesn't it? Speaking of which, how does one farm a specific item? I mean, bosses and mobs dont have loot tables. Everything can drop well..everything.

02/09/2016 12:22 PMPosted by MASKOAA

You can't seem to make up your mind. Is it a want, or do you need it for ''end game''? Because if you want to do ''end game'' then its a need. In this game it's nice to want something..if it resolves around farming/grinding..not praying to RNGesus.

It sounds like you want no RNG....in a Diablo game. Yes for extremely powerful things you should be at the mercy of the RNG Gods no doubt about it. This shouldn't be handled like Minecraft where if you do this and that you get a guaranteed thing.

Also don't twist my words....Ancient items are meant for people to hunt down as end game items..they aren't meant to be found once then rerolled like some cheap piece of playdough.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

An ancient weapon, even with awful rolls, is about 15 to 20% increase in damage. It's mandatory to go anywhere. You can get away with not using one for T10 and really low GRs, but past that it's just not possible. And even then, you will gain a lot of speed clear for T10.
02/09/2016 12:27 PMPosted by DeLtAbRaVo
02/09/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Moridin

However much I like the idea....this game was once hard. Now, this game feels like when I first got fallout 4 and instead of playing to get everything I used the console commands.

Legs drop like candy anyway (i get on average 5 to 7 per rift), so it should be no problem to farm for DB or legs.

Why does everything that to be handed out to people....Why cant people "WORK" for what they want to achieve. It's baffling.

Oh I have been working, trust me. Working my !@# off. For one item. That keeps trolling me. I'm not asking for anything to be handed to me. Just voicing a suggestion.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

An ancient weapon, even with awful rolls, is about 15 to 20% increase in damage. It's mandatory to go anywhere. You can get away with not using one for T10 and really low GRs, but past that it's just not possible. And even then, you will gain a lot of speed clear for T10.

Not possible what are you even talking about? Theres Barbs who've hit the 70in GR with non ancient Blade of the Tribe for EQ build.
After wasting 2000 souls trying to roll an ancient LoN (either ring), I'm down.