Reforge ancient item?

Items and Crafting
02/09/2016 11:19 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
lol

If they allow Ancient -> Ancient then the COST MUST BE 10x

Nothing less can be justified.

I'd be down for 20x the cost after how much !@#$ I wasted.
02/09/2016 11:19 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
lol

If they allow Ancient -> Ancient then the COST MUST BE 10x

Nothing less can be justified.

what this dude said - or the idea of "ancient souls" from salvaging ancient legendary items. Sometimes I do miss a shortcut, but then I remember how easy everything already is.
10 goats, 20 chickens, 50 cows, and 10 virgins must be sacrificed. Then 10x mats cost.
02/09/2016 11:22 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Game is to easy as is no to this suggestion....no seriously everything is handed to you almost now its sad hardly any sense of OMG I GOT IT if this got in.

Unless you're going total no-life, getting 1 legendary per minute is about the average for a semi-casual. (speed GRift 45 or so, ~3-5 ancients+crapala drops for like 3-4 minutes of a GRift on a proper gear).

Including time needed to open rifts, close rifts, dismantle items... That means an hour of Grifting to reroll the item. Give or take. JUST TO GET SOULS. You need to double that to get the craft mats as well.

ON AVERAGE it means 20 hours of rerolling but with such a small number of attempts, but with a 10% chance, you can expect wild variance with a small number of attempts.

In the end, you may put 40-60 hours (length of a medium-sized game) just to get an item upgraded to ancient, if unlucky.

The ancient may still suck. Low damage rolls, missing critical affixes, low unique power rolls.

You may be forced to do that again. That's multiplying the 20 hours (on average) by.... 2? 3? 5? Depends on the item. Rolling ancient Andariel's with the elemental damage you like and a socket/crit, for instance. It's like a 1/10 chance. So you have to multiply it by 10. 200 hours...

Fun? no.
Challenging? no.

Why do you confuse "hard" with "tedious, boring, frustrating"? What's "hard" about stupidly low chance of rerolling an item to an ancient? a monkey can do it, given enough time.

We need challenges, not tediousness.
I'm all for a "upgrade to ancient" recipe. it might be costly, but it should bypass the stupid RNG.
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating a "Upgrade legendary to ancient item" recipe. I want a reforge ancient legendary item to ancient legendary item.
02/09/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Moridin
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating a "Upgrade legendary to ancient item" recipe. I want a reforge ancient legendary item to ancient legendary item.

Well, I do. if you go by averages, you need something like 200 hours to get a usable ancient Andy's visage, for instance. Even if my estimations above are over the top, anywhere between 50-100 hours put into getting a single item is already sounding ridiculous. You can finish Witcher 3 in that time.
02/09/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Yuri

Well, I do.

No way. Ancients are easy enough to get. To get with the correct rolls is the hard part.

200 hours? Are you nuts?
02/09/2016 01:37 PMPosted by Moridin

Well, I do.

No way. Ancients are easy enough to get. To get with the correct rolls is the hard part.

200 hours? Are you nuts?

No dude. Your first idea was good. Your "clarification" sucks balls.

I would still be fine with 10x the cost to upgrade a regular to ancient though.
02/09/2016 01:40 PMPosted by LMSskeletor
02/09/2016 01:37 PMPosted by Moridin

200 hours? Are you nuts?

No dude. Your first idea was good. Your "clarification" sucks balls.

I would still be fine with 10x the cost to upgrade a regular to ancient though.

Absolutely not in favor of that...ancients are so easy to obtain. Ya'll need to play more if not getting ancients. It's just that simple.
I'd be all for this idea, hell I'd be all for it if it guaranteed turing a normal legendary into ancient.

NEed to get over this whole 5 layers of RNG bull!@#$. Need item to drop, be the right item, be ancient, have the right rolls, have high rolls.

I'd love for a game that let me set my gear stats and work on making each gear peice maxed out. I'd be fully happy grinding away at this. Like paragon it might be slow but you know you're slowly making progress that isn't based on a 5 layer dip of random.

Well, I do. if you go by averages, you need something like 200 hours to get a usable ancient Andy's visage, for instance. Even if my estimations above are over the top, anywhere between 50-100 hours put into getting a single item is already sounding ridiculous. You can finish Witcher 3 in that time.

I actually have no problem with Armor having the recipe my problem is with weapons b/c lets be honest ancient weapons vs ancient armor.....one of these thigns is way better than the other. I do not think the weapon should get it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well, I do.

200 hours? Are you nuts?

Maybe they are easy for you. i have other things to do than to play Diablo 3 for endless hours.

Show the me the error in my reasoning.

what, you get more than 1 leg for minute on average?
it takes an hour to get 50 souls, at least for me.
If you're not split farming, it takes another hour to clear 5 caches.

That's 2 hours for a single reroll.Yes, I'm aware that you also get legendaries when clearing caches, but I'm sure majority of players won't score a legendary per 1 minute anyway, so let's just simplify it at this point.

with 10% chance, it takes 20 hours to upgrade an item to ancient. Assuming you're unlucky (I am), it might take more.
however, 20 hours is just to get AN ancient. To get a usable ancient, it takes much more.
I'm not saying PERFECT. Just usable.
This means ie. elemental roll that you like (1/4 chance) and rolling a crit/socket or something (not sure how big the chance is exactly, don't remember how many possible affixes there are. Let's say 1/2,5 as well to hit either one of them for simplicity sake.

so to get both, you need 1/4*1/2,5 = 1/10. You need 10 rolls.

That's 10 * 20 hours. That's 200 hours, man. Just to get an ancient Andy face that's usable. It may still have 4,5% crit chance or low STR roll, or just 16% elemental damage. Or no resists on secondary. Or else.

I don't know what no-life planet are you on, but I don't want to go there if that's "fine" or "easy" or whatever.
Dude yuri, if you're low on mats you should absolutely not be reforging ancients. You should be clearing content efficiently for drops and shards. Either T10 or the highest GR you can speedrun. Reforging is the last resort.
I understand that. I'm just saying that the formula for reforging is more or less bollocks. Going by average values, it takes extremely long to get an ancient item this way. I wouldn't mind a "upgrade to ancient" formula, honestly.

In some cases (like WoH stick, Furnace, Witching hour for LoN builds) you NEED to reforge to ever see an ancient anyway. And it takes a big amount of hours. I really don't understand why is it easy to some? What's wrong with a version that just cuts down the RNG on the matter? you spent 40 hours gathering souls and mats = you upgrade the item to ancient. Seems like a steep price already, but at least you don't have to deal with "no ancient after 30 rerolls" RNG BS.
02/09/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Moridin
For like triple/quadruple the mat cost. I'd be down with that. Yay? Nay?
Are you crazy?

Law of Kulle is already ridiculously expensive, and the results are usually horrible, and you want to throw away three or four times that amount so you can get a horrible guaranteed Ancient item?

I would be down for your idea if we could select every property of the item (except Legendary Power), and have each property roll a random value from the upper 50% of its possible range.
02/09/2016 02:00 PMPosted by Yuri
What's wrong with a version that just cuts down the RNG on the matter? you spent 40 hours gathering souls and mats = you upgrade the item to ancient.
That also seems perfectly reasonable.

The Mystic and the Cube were both introduced to the game to help mitigate the fact that with the RNG system, there exists the possibility that you will play your entire life and never see a certain item you want.

Now Blizzard just needs to balance the time required to gather materials with the probable outcome of their use, so that it is an equitable trade.
It would be a welcome way to get "that last ancient item" for a LoN build without tearing your eyes out in frustration.
02/09/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Yuri
It would be a welcome way to get "that last ancient item" for a LoN build without tearing your eyes out in frustration.

I just needed the two rings to be ancient and I would have every item. I wasted 2000 souls and 200 bounty mats not for one to roll ancient. Lost all motivation to play. I'll be going back to StarCraft until next patch, maybe sooner.
02/09/2016 02:11 PMPosted by StoneOld
02/09/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Moridin
For like triple/quadruple the mat cost. I'd be down with that. Yay? Nay?
Are you crazy?

Law of Kulle is already ridiculously expensive, and the results are usually horrible, and you want to throw away three or four times that amount so you can get a horrible guaranteed Ancient item?

I would be down for your idea if we could select every property of the item (except Legendary Power), and have each property roll a random value from the upper 50% of its possible range.

Reading comprehension must not be a strong suit of yours.
02/09/2016 02:11 PMPosted by StoneOld
Are you crazy?

So you want to have every item you desire given to you with no luck so you can play Diablo 3 for 1 week at the beginning of the season instead of 2 or 3? People like you trying to change the identity of the game and Blizzard being greedy enough to build their game around the new player who doesn't want to work for it have taken an amazing game franchise and put it to shame.